Author Topic: Antisuicide (was One common 2D trick. How to do it?)  (Read 20984 times)

Chiok

• Donator
Antisuicide (was One common 2D trick. How to do it?)
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »
Maybe not so helpful in terms of technique, but try really throwing the right one over the left.  Try really exaggerated motions at first with a forceful throw from the right and a big anticlockwise circle with the left.  You'll look like a mentalist, but hopefully you'll be able to catch the stick coming around.

Also try it from a RHFW instead, maybe that'll help, then you'll have to vortex out or some other fancy way.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 08:22:26 PM »
Cheers I'll try that tomorrow when I can see my hand in front of my face outside.
Behind your back is your front.

seán_

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 12:26:18 AM »
Quote from: Chiok
 Try really exaggerated motions at first with a forceful throw from the right and a big anticlockwise circle with the left.  You'll look like a mentalist

Like I did when I first got them when sean saw this he told me where I was going wrong.

I think of the right hand throw as more of a loft and when the whole thing feels sweet to me its like the two diaboolos are connected and balance each other out.

Dave P told some of the 2cups lads to use the left stick to push against the string to help get the diabolo around. (bit like how people learn susns with 1d some times), this method is very helpfull if you have long strings and looks very funky (try it in a vortex)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 08:57:56 AM »
Yeah, you're right there.  You do want a kind of "loftiness" about the antisuicide when the diabolos balance out and you can just turn the pattern around with the left stick.

The pushing idea with the left is also good as it helps spin the pattern, but I've noticed that when I do it, if I don't follow it fully around, I end up with a LHBW on the diabolo.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 08:50:40 AM »
Still struggling but a bit of hardcore practice today might sought that out.Thanks for the tips guys.

JyNo

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 03:53:10 AM »
I'm having a lot of trouble with nailing this trick, I havent been able to complete it even once!, I can do vortex but I dont feel like someone metion back here that the moves are anything alike, probably Im doing it all wrong, what i do is I backwrap the diab and then try to "throw" the left diabolo so it can orbit around the right diabolo, but the left diabolo nevers finishes the orbit and I end up with both diabolos half wraped and the right stick its not even in my hand!, does that make any sense?; well to correct it i was wondering, after wraping the right diabolo, do I have to throw the right diabolo to the left  over the other one  or is it suppose to stay static while the left diabolo is going around it? I watched martijn video and the right diabolo stays in its place at all time I suposse thats how a perfect antisuicide should look like, but im far from perfecting it right now, so i need tips to start understanding the moves. I'll worry about esthetics when i can do it more than zero times out of any....

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »
do you grind it on the stick afterbackwrapping?
well you should throw the wrapped one a bit up, and propably make the lefthandmotion bigger

martijn

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
Quote from: JyNo
I watched martijn video and the right diabolo stays in its place at all time I suposse thats how a perfect antisuicide should look like

Well, thanks :oops:

In the beginning, I did antisuicides with a wrapped grind on my right stick, then I threw it very hard to the left over the other one, and when it finished the orbit, I still needed to reach down for catching the stick. Untill I suddenly tried using my left hand a lot, like doing a vortex, and that was way easier! So yeah, the lefthand motion is very important.

After seeing the summer 2005 video of Fred, I saw he used a wrap for his antisuicides instead of a grind, so I tried that, and it was not so hard. With just a wrap it's even more important to use your lefthand, that's why my rightdiabolo stays on the same place, while the left diab travells around it. I also think multiple antisuicides (like the double one on CP) are easier with a wrap, and they need a LOT of lefthand motion.

Hope that helps, good luck!

JyNo

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »
Thanks guys I think I'm getting closer. I wont have time to practice today or tomorrow but I'll let you know how it went. And by the way Valium, no I don't grind it after the wraping it, I found it harder, should I try it before I try the only wraped version?

martijn

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »
Try whatever you feel like, and use what works best for you!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 04:47:15 PM »
My anti-suicides are realy lazy but when you do them try keeping your right hand low (assuming your right-handed) and catch it that way. Eventualy you will see and feel the stick whizzing into your hand.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 10:33:10 PM »
Quote from: JyNo
Thanks guys I think I'm getting closer. I wont have time to practice today or tomorrow but I'll let you know how it went. And by the way Valium, no I don't grind it after the wraping it, I found it harder, should I try it before I try the only wraped version?

like Martijn said it doesnt really matter, I just found it easier to throw the wrapped diabolo when I grind it

Jester

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 03:03:39 AM »
I've got a variation Anti suicide

go into a Right trapeze when doing 2 diabolos, suicide the whole pattern round to your left releasing the left stick then catch it again

u should be able to keep the other diabolo in the trapeze
and then link on to whatever
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »
Quote from: Jester
I've got a variation Anti suicide

so do i.. i dont have video yet, but i try to explain..

when you throw wrapped diabolo and right stick, throw them against string near left stick.. free diabolo goes around of course and when it does so take it grind with left stick. you can keep it on grind a little while and when you want to open that just throw diabolo with prisk movement to right, take right stick when it comes around and open wrap.

JyNo

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 03:45:28 AM »
Ok now I have it!!, thank for all the info guys, and just for the record I did try the grindig thing (after i did it only wraping) and I did found it easier, also, when I tried to link it with a fan I try only front wraping and I found the similarity to the vortex very clear, thanks again guys i thought i'd never get it, it's a very cool trick!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
Sorry for the huge bump.

This is going to sound silly. I can do antisuicides and occasionaly doubles with finesses but I have a problem. I learnt them on finnesses with wide axels but I have just bought some diabigs and I can't do them because of the thin axels. When I try to grind them before the actual trick the diabolo goes horribly wonky and I struggle to do them without the grind.What is the trick to doing them with thin axels?

thanks in advance,

Leo

martijn

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »
Don't grind 'em. Just do a right B/F wrap, keep the diabolo close to the stick and do it. That means: wrap the diab, and immediately start the anticide (I like to call the antisuicide without the grindpart an anticide for some reason... anyone else has this problem? :P). You know you have to use the lefthand a lot right? it's similar to the vortex motion.

And that's also the way double anticides are a lot easier I think.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:05 PM »
I use diabigs too and I dont have any problem grinding them before antisuiciding (no matter what kind of handsticks) ;)
well learning it without grinding is propably more useful

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 12:02:14 AM »
*shrug* i always grind, that helps me out a lot to make a much cleaner one. i can do it without grinding, and without even touching the stick to the diabolo, but i find the grind one looks cleaner, and allows for more setup too, like if you do vortex-->antisuicide for example.

Chickeneater72790

Re: Antisuicide (was One common 2D trick. How to do it?)
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »
feels odd bumping up an old topic, but here goes.

I can do this trick, but when Im exiting it, I end up running all over the place b/c the other diabolo jumps way out to my right. (im righthanded).  Is it the way im undoing the wrap? or is it something else?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal