Author Topic: random discussion about the casaulties from your diaboloing...  (Read 8299 times)

Simalacrum

random discussion about the casaulties from your diaboloing...
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »
rightio then! i suddenly became a little bit curious about the destructive powers of the diabolo...

i'm pretty sure that people have broken stuff (other than the diabolo itself) with the diabolo... what was the worst thing you've broken before? i ahevn't actually broken any objects with my circus stuff as of yet, but my diabolo did hit a person in the face rather hard.... i still feel guilty abouts it :(

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: random discussion about the casaulties from your diaboloing...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
Count one dance mirror in. Oh the shame, it had been on the wall only one week and this diabolo fella happens to hit it with a fly and modified wooden sticks.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

The Void

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
Will
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=266.0
or
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=555.0
or
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5684.0
do you?

[Edit: I only read the title, and assumed 'casualties' meant people.... so ignore all that then..., sorry.]

The Void
Can't get the url-iffier button to work
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
Can't get the url-iffier button to work
Really? It just puts
Code: [Select]
[url][/url]tags around whatever is highlighted.
If you want text instead of the url you need
Code: [Select]
[url=http://somelink.com]Some link text[/url]which the button doesn't do.
If you're on a Mac, I prefer this method.

The Void

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
Yup, I know all that. Seems to be a Firefox issue that has just occurred. Odd, since I don't think I've done any updates. Oh well...

The Void
Foxed by the beeb
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
rightio then! i suddenly became a little bit curious about the destructive powers of the diabolo...

i'm pretty sure that people have broken stuff (other than the diabolo itself) with the diabolo... what was the worst thing you've broken before? i ahevn't actually broken any objects with my circus stuff as of yet, but my diabolo did hit a person in the face rather hard.... i still feel guilty abouts it :(

I did that. whilst in vertax i span pretty hard and hit a woman in the face.

Bizzat1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:59:51 AM »
I broke the tiny lid of an expensive teapot in the shape of a sewing machine.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »
I did that. whilst in vertax i span pretty hard and hit a woman in the face.

Had that same thing happen, hit a woman in the back of the head with the stick in a geno. She was fine though.

Don´t know if Burrage is still on this forum and could tell about it but he accidentally hit a friend of Norbi really hard in the eye while passing with Tempei at EJC06. Caught a throw in a whipcatch which swung around and hit full force. The single scariest diaboloaccident I have ever seen.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »
Just make sure you practice in a space big enough to do vertax.  If there's any doubt you could hit someone then stick to slacks and body combos.  There's nothing more annoying than seeing diaboloists trying vertax gens around club passers in a busy BJC hall or similar.

But snakeboarders can take one on the nose for all I care....
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Aaron Z

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
The same square meter are of my living room ceiling is constantly being marked, scuffed and stained by all colors of diabolos, I've also had some run-ins with my chandelier kind of thing and have had the good fortune to not dislodge any of the glass plates that are hanging from it on tiny, fragile strands of wire.

When I originally started using my flys, and was unaware of their significant hardness, I used to get them as fast as possible at every opportunity, and let them spin out on their own when I dropped them, rather than try to stop them.

One of them dropped and skipped across the floor toward the lower corner of my kitchen countertop, which coated it some tough plastic wallpaper-esque material to keep it clean and looking nice. Anyways, when the Fly hit this vulnerable point of the bench, and shattered a HUGE tile of that plastic stuff off which promptly broke into sharp fragments on the floor. The worst part is that one of these shards got lodged into the rim of one of the cups, cutting it a fair way toward the base.

After about an hour of plucking at the slippery shard, it came out, and I managed to melt over the small gap. Unfortunately I tried smoothing it out with my thumb, and now it has an irregular impression on it. Still works fine though.

Midoryu

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »
Poor crabby ceiling...lots of chunks came off of that.  And my mom comes over and exclaims, "What're all these white chunks doing on the floor?"

Me:  " ::)"

That and my red Taibolo has a fatal wound.  It now goes "Fwip Fwip Fwip".  Will post up picture if it gets "oked" by the moderators.  Or I could just use the "[ i m g ] [ / i m g ]" thingie but I have no idea how.

[Edit]:

If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
upload to imageshack or flickr and then it's easy.
or use d.ca gallery?

Mr.D

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
broke two decorative figures (spelling?) and a lamp made of glass... now I'm only allowed to play in my room, which has like 2 square meters open space...  :-|
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

zaximax

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 01:02:13 PM »
Had that same thing happen, hit a woman in the back of the head with the stick in a geno. She was fine though.

Don´t know if Burrage is still on this forum and could tell about it but he accidentally hit a friend of Norbi really hard in the eye while passing with Tempei at EJC06. Caught a throw in a whipcatch which swung around and hit full force. The single scariest diaboloaccident I have ever seen.
same thing happened we were practising vertical pass when i catch it then it just some how slip from the string and hit woman to the fface :-|

Y3K

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
It's weird how much pain you can cause with an inanimate object that doesn't get that much bigger than a bread box.

...Then again, you can kill someone with a bread box, so...
www.wakeupfreakout.org   Wake Up, Freak Out--then Get a Grip.

ecuador16

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
i think all the marks on door and ceiling are my biggest damage to anything really
but i bet something bad will happen

yoyoninja

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »
i know, necro post, but this is just a really good thread. lmao today i was juggling my henry's beach. i tried a suicide trick, and it flew off the string and lanede on a $400 printer... but the only thing that broke was this plastic thingy on top, i'm gluing it back together  :-D

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 01:01:31 AM »
1. I tried a vertax passing with a bearing diabolo but the diabolo landed on someones bare bear food? ( Naked food how you call it? )

2. I did a sun in the house under a lamp and my mom said don't diabolo in the house! Me: 'Mom nothing can happen..' And 2 seconds later it was bye bye lamp!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 01:37:28 AM »
1. I tried a vertax passing with a bearing diabolo but the diabolo landed on someones bare bear food? ( Naked food how you call it? )

do you mean foot?

Toddyupa

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 05:34:35 AM »
Broke this glass thing that we store our DVDs in. Penalty wasn't too bad as dad hated it anyway ::)
pretentious 12 year old

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal