Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 68111 times)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Re: Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2007, 07:46:28 PM »
Thats just to do with the timing of when you move your hand away from the string. I had this problem when I first learnt them and it still happens occasionally. With practice and time that will eventually go.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

n3mo

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2007, 10:36:25 PM »
alrighty. thanks =]
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Dan

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2007, 01:22:45 AM »
Or you could do what i did and move your hand closer to the diabolo so that you get the string wrapped around and then you can reverse it under control (can produce some nice combinations).  Now i bring my hand back towards my body slightly so that there is no/very little chance of the stick hitting my hand.

paul.w92

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »
sorry but in the very frist post in this thread sean_ refers to an overcide i have never heard of this trick could some1 plz show me a video or tell me where there is a thread of this trick

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »
I was working on mini-genocides today, and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't let go of the left stick and unwrap a right backwrap, until I saw that I was still throwing the left stick as if I had a left backwrap on it so it would always go around the wrong way. So I threw the stick the other way and bam, the stick swung around the diabolo flew off the diabolo, but missed the diabolo. It was still a great achievement for me! So I ended that practice on that good note.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

seán_

« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2007, 01:04:26 AM »
sorry but in the very frist post in this thread sean_ refers to an overcide i have never heard of this trick could some1 plz show me a video or tell me where there is a thread of this trick

Any genocide where the diabolo is caught from above rather than below, so for a full overcide release later so the diabolo travels across the body and the string recaptures from above.
see 1.46 for a mini overcide and 2.13 for a string bounce mini overcide both by Spink (or 6.04 and 5.34 on the reverse count)
[youtube=425,350]xyTnFQd9W_A

paul.w92

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
ok thanks sean_ i will have to give it a try

spinnin pig

mini genocides
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
ok i just learnt how to do genocide  ;D
but i heard that mini genocides could have more done with them
i saw norbi's video and found a tutorial by sean (cant remember which one) :D but i cant seem to understand the pinch the string bit
if anyone could help me make sense of it please post
cheers
pig
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release
sprinkler/sprinkler suicide

mellowscholar

mini genocides
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
I'm sure you can find something on this rather than making a new topic.
But here's what I do anyway:
Follow the method for a normal right genocide up until where you let go of the right stick, then immediately grab the string with your right hand as it comes up, the bit between your hand and the right stick will whirl around in a smaller circle than with a genocide and then it's just practice to get it right.

spinnin pig

mini genocides
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »
ah thanks and sorry for making a new topic but i couldnt work it out from the video's i saw
also i think this may be a bug but this topic seems to have merged with the slowcide -> mini genocide thread
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
There, now I've picked the right thread to merge this with.

spinnin pig

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
oh right a mod did it :D
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release

Green

« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »
Thanks Seán_'s great explanation about mini genocide, now I can do mini genocide :)
 but my mini genocide seems strange, after i let my right hand stick slip from my grip, and the string start to encircle the axle of the diabolo, the problem is sometimes the string left backwrap the diabolo, and sometiems the string right backwrap the diabolo, I don't know which one is correct.
I've read Chiok's great explanation about this problem:http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=64.45
but i am still not quite understand it, i don't know the reason why sometimes i left backwrap the diabolo and sometimes i right backwrap the diabolo.
Could anyone please help me?(i don't know whether it's too late to post it or not)

Thank you!

karatepekka

« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »
When doing a mini-geno you should bring your left hand closer to your body after the release and when the string hits the diabolo immediately let go of the string with your right hand.

This way the part of the string between the diabolo and the left stick should be angled towards your body and the flying stick should pass it from the front side always creating a frontwrap.

At least thats how I do it and it works...

Green

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »
karatepekka, thank you!

so it's frontwrap? but what happend when it comes to right hand backwrap? ???

karatepekka

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
Basically the right stick just flys between the left part of the the string and your body...

When creating a frontwrap it flys from the front of the string...

It doesn't matter which wrap it is if your only doing normal mini-g's but if you want to do continuous mini-g's you need to know which wrap is around the axle, because you don't have the time to look at it.

Green

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2008, 06:57:21 AM »
Thanks a lot, karatepekka. :D
Can i ask one more question? is there a way that I can control the kind of wrap--I mean when I want the mini genocide to end with the right backwrap and I can do it everytime. because the stick just fly so fast, i can't even see which way the stick will fly.

Thank you!

karatepekka

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:47 AM »
You can always get a frontwrap by doing as I told in my first post, but for backwrap I don't know I haven't really tried, but it should work if you keep your left hand further away from your body than your diabolo is. That way the stick should fly under your left arm rather than from the front of it, creating a backwrap.

I don't know if it works though I haven't tried... But it SHOULD

Green

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »
Thank you, karatepekka :)

I'll try it when the city i live is not raining, my room is too small to do this trick. :(

Thank you very much, karatepekka.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »
Basically the right stick just flys between the left part of the the string and your body...

When creating a frontwrap it flys from the front of the string...

It doesn't matter which wrap it is if your only doing normal mini-g's but if you want to do continuous mini-g's you need to know which wrap is around the axle, because you don't have the time to look at it.

But there is a diffrent about the release of a normal mini gen and the continuous mini gen. You can't do continuous mini g's from a normal mini gen can you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal