Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 63229 times)

karatepekka

Re: Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »
Yes you can!! watch the video "short and long" or my video diabolowoods (the second last trick)...

azndiablo

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
i know i'm kinda late, but i'm just wondering if anybody could help me with catching the stick after attempting a mini-genocide?  :-| i looked through this thread already but i couldnt seem to find any straightforward tips or practicing methods. currently, i'm just attempting mini-g's again and again and trying to get the "feel" for it but if anybody has any specific tips or suggestions as to what i might be doing wrong, that'd be great. thanks in advanced!

and thx sean for helping me post this in the right place!  :-D

looby

• Donator
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2009, 10:49:51 PM »
When the swinging stick re-wraps the diabolo, it will wrap slower or faster depending on how far up the string the diabolo is when the wrap occurs.

If you catch the diabolo at the last possible moment (i.e. at the tip of the swinging stick, the re-wrap will occur so fast you'll struggle to make a clean catch.  If the diabolo re-wraps slightly earlier, the stick has a longer circle to make when re-wrapping, therefore slowing the whole motion down.

For a good example of what I'm trying to explain watch the beginning of Crackers' video.  Notice how in the first combo he re-wraps the diabolo at a certain point everytime, slowing the motion down enough so he can make a stick swap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xqsEfdR5g&eurl=http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5766.0

All the best with it
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

azndiablo

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
thx for the great advice looby! also, does using a specific stick type make a difference (i use carbon but i've read in this thread that aluminum is much better, any verifications?) other than that, i guess practice is what's gonna be best for me.  :P

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »
Heavier sticks (aluminum) will tend to swing around a bit slower, but there's no reason why you can't get used to either. The bigger problem is switching back and forth - you get used to one and then the other feels strange.

Some of the best stick release type diaboloists use carbons and some use aluminum. So don't blame the sticks and get back to practicing! ;)

Terminator

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »
When i do  my genocides,  I release my stick, but the diabolo falls too quickly.  What should I do to make it go higher

Wannes

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
When i do  my genocides,  I release my stick, but the diabolo falls too quickly.  What should I do to make it go higher

You should release your stick later, that will make the diabolo fly higher.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2009, 11:57:53 AM »
More than releasing the stick later, when you release the stick, just *before* the diabolo becomes completely unwrapped and will just fall on the floor, pull hard on the other stick which will cause the diabolo to pop up and cause the free stick to swing around faster for recapture.  Timing the pop and the strength of the pop will give you controllable genocide releases.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Terminator

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
I've actually gotten it once. thanks.  But im just not consistent on the catching.  What can i do to help catch it.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2009, 06:30:34 PM »
really, it just takes practice. but you should let go of the string when it makes contact then focus on the stick.
can't believe its not butter

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
If everything remains in the wall plane (the stricks, string and diabolo are all in line), then the catch should come naturally as the free stick swings underneath and back up to contact under the diabolo. 

After the release, if you turn to face the diabolo a bit and point your held stick at the diabolo axle, the string should follow where you point the stick and hit the diabolo.  So you're holding the stick across your body instead of out from your body.  If you swing the stick at a funny angle, the recapture is going to be much more difficult so focus on getting a nice vertical swing.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Darknesskid

Mini Genocide help
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2009, 11:25:28 PM »
when i relase my right handstick the diabolo always seems to release away from me like towards my front and i will miss the rebounding sting. any ideas/suggestions?

seán_

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »
if the swing is true (and it most likely is unless you are feeling forward/backwards force) then it might be the case that your hands are moving the string out of the way after the release.

In a minigen there shouldn't be that much room/time for mistakes. Theres plenty of advice in this thread (some just a bit above your post might help) but my tips for minigens are
-It's better to have your right hand over your left because grabbing the string is easier.
-Like all suicides having the sticks pointing in line with the string will give more stable releases.
-release so the diabolo slightly comes to the left or straight up is preferable to the diabolo going to the right.
-Don't pull your right hand towards your body after the release.

Terminator

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
When I do my MINI genocide.  I pinch the string and i goes in a circle but the string does not hit the axle.  Only the stick hits the axle and then the diabolo flys away.  HELP

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:46 AM »
let go earlier/pinch a little it higher up, its all practice really
can't believe its not butter

No Doutt

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »
Every time I do a mini gen, or a regular genocide, after I catch the diabolo on the string, I can't catch the stick. :( The stick wraps around the diabolo REALLY fast! HELP!

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
catch it after it wraps, you'll have more time

No Doutt

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2009, 07:50:19 PM »
That's exactly what i do. I try to catch the stick after it wraps. But it comes around too fast. Should I try to catch the diabolo higher up the string so it dosen't come around so fast?

NiekG

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2009, 01:02:06 AM »
That's probably a good idea. Maybe you should try to grab the string somewhat further, so that you have a bit more string to use for the mini genocide.

Does anyone have a tip for an easy 2d mini geno btw? I've seen a few, but I'd like to know which one is the best to start practicing. Thanks
Meh,

mykill

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39:08 AM »
That's probably a good idea. Maybe you should try to grab the string somewhat further, so that you have a bit more string to use for the mini genocide.

Does anyone have a tip for an easy 2d mini geno btw? I've seen a few, but I'd like to know which one is the best to start practicing. Thanks

there is a tutorial by Norbi out there.

That's exactly what i do. I try to catch the stick after it wraps. But it comes around too fast. Should I try to catch the diabolo higher up the string so it dosen't come around so fast?

the more string between the stick and the diab the slower it will come around.
also depending on which way the genocide is done its either gonna go real fast and impossible to catch. or almost none.
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal