Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 62357 times)

Mr Diab

Re: Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
No, I'm not left handed, I'm telling this because of Norbi's video, it seems he pinches with the right hand...
not to sound clules but where can i find norbi's video

4leek24

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2009, 01:07:42 AM »
when i do mini-g i use magic knot to enter, but i have i pretty big problem(that is almost gone) i consistantly hit my finger so hard that ive broken it bfore, and im trying to figure out how not to. i can avoid hitting my hands more often now, but i still do sometimes.

NiekG

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2009, 08:12:46 AM »
when i do mini-g i use magic knot to enter, but i have i pretty big problem(that is almost gone) i consistantly hit my finger so hard that ive broken it bfore, and im trying to figure out how not to. i can avoid hitting my hands more often now, but i still do sometimes.
You'll have to be a bit more specific as in where in the trick does the stick hit your finger? After you've caught the diabolo (seems most likely to me)? The solution could be the same as I already posted a few posts back. Reserve a bit more string for the mini-g The longer the string, the less speed the stick has when you try to catch it.
Meh,

4leek24

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2009, 06:09:09 AM »
You'll have to be a bit more specific as in where in the trick does the stick hit your finger? After you've caught the diabolo (seems most likely to me)? The solution could be the same as I already posted a few posts back. Reserve a bit more string for the mini-g The longer the string, the less speed the stick has when you try to catch it.
usually its after i catch it, but if i use more string, im having trouble getting it around fast enough, but i guess i need to practice, thanks for your tips!

Rusty

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »
I am trying to learn the infinite mini-genocides, but I struggle with the normal genocide when I cannot use the whole string and diabolos movement as when I only do one. I want to wrap the diabolo and then release the stick so it rotates around the diabolo and it is released from the string and then catch it again. The problem is that the diabolo is usually only moving up and down when I see this kind of variations in videos and then you pull the string upwards just when the diabolo is falling off the string to get an upward movement on the diabolo for more time. So when I pull the string upwards the diabolo ends up going a bit upwards, but mostly to the side.

A bit long question, but how can I prevent the diabolo from going to the side and make it only go upwards.

Anders
Norway

Icebox

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »
I have a question about minigenocide variations:

What is the variation called when you re-wrap the diabolo after it releases from the string? I thought it was rewrapped minigenocides, but I wasn't sure

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
Anders! Good to see you posting again!

In answer to your up vs. sideways question: all you have to work with is timing and the direction of the pull. The direction is relatively straight up usually, so you are left with just the timing. Not knowing which way the diabolo is going to the side, I'd say play with starting the pull earlier and later, shorter and longer. You can throw the diabolo deliberately to the side. Mostly it just seems like intuition, but I believe I also pull a bit more in the direction I want the diabolo to go.

benc, most genocides end in a wrap, but not all start from a wrap. I think typically "wrapped minigenocide" refers to a minigenocide that starts from a wrap as opposed to an open string.

Icebox

« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »
my question is more about what's being done at 1.22 in the "moments" video that was just posted

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2010, 11:46:16 PM »

Rossta

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
Sorry for the bump but I am struggling with my continuous MiniG's.  I can do a MiniG abou 95% of the time when going from a darkside entrance.  This is because there is no wrap to come of the diabolo before whiping the string around for the catch.  When I am trying continuos MiniG's I am struggling with my accuracy on the unrwap phase and so most of the time when I attempt it the stick ends up going the wrong side of the string and heance not unwrapping (leaving me to sort out an anoying set of wraps before trying again)  I have watched Tim Elis's video on the subject and played with trying to throw the stick outwards and inwards with the same wrap yet still only find a release happening about 20% of the time.

My question is this:

How do I make sure that the stick passes the string on the correct side after it has been released?

Hopefully someone can help me sort out this issue as this trick has become my nemisis and must be conquered  8)

finesse

« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
First of all: can you do wrapped mini-g`s?

luabduch

« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
Hey Rossta.
I'll try to describe it to you but I'm not sure I can really help you through the internet.

well, when you have a right wrap is really easier, cause the stick naturally pass by the front side. Train slowcides and you will understand what I mean.
but when you have left wraps you can help the stick to pass through the right side of the string pushing it forwards...
kind like it. I think Tim Ellis explained really better than me.

At least, you can take a look at my continuous minigs video, don't think it will really help but, who knows?

199 continuous wrapped mini-genocides with 1 diabolo

- sorry for possible mistakes, I'm still learning english! =D

Rossta

« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
@ Finesse - not really tried, I guess that is where I need to start then.  What is the best way to learn a wrapped MiniG?

@ luabduch - thanks that explanation helped.  The video was cool to see that many performed but your were right I am still no closer to cracking it after watching that.  I must learn a wrapped MiniG First and then I'll try again with continuous.

Thanks guys.

finesse

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
If you are going to learn wrapped, i would recommend doing a left wrapped, because this would be the easiest for a righter ( at least for me).
It is not that different than i mining, you just don't have to swing it, and you just have to take the upward pull a bit later.
This explanation isn't the best, and since i learned it by myself, i would recommend you just experimenting with it.
Good luck

Rossta

« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
Ok so I think I have got it now.

The problem I was having was that I was using the wrong wrap to sart with and so when releasing the stick I had to really force the angle if I was to have any chance of success.  By changing the wrap I am now achieving about a 90% success with getting it to un-wrap and leave the string.  I still need to practice as I cannot get the catch every time but I am getting more and more used to it as I keep on doing it.  If I do get the catch I can also release on the other side, thereby making the first steps towards continuous.  I have managed 5 in a row without missing but that was probably just a fluke.

To clarify for anyone else:-  I start by doing a Right Back Wrap and then hold the Right stick directly above the diab.  Then let go of the Left stick, grab the string above the diab and pull to release the swinging stick off the top of the diab.  Then follow that motion of the stick round with your hand so that it completes an orbit coming back underneath the diab, letting go of the string and catching the stick after it has wrapped around once.

I think this is right, at least it is what I am doing (or should I say what my brain tells me I am doing).  Corrections or clarification by anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal