Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 62359 times)

QUOTH

Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »
so the pinch is just to shortern the string which you swing, making it much quicker.

so norbis video is of a full genocide? :S

will try mini genocides then :D
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Spink

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 11:46:55 AM »
Quote from: QUOTH
so the pinch is just to shortern the string which you swing, making it much quicker.

will try mini genocides then :D

Mini genocides seem alot easier to control but non jugglers seem more impressed with full ones

anywho.........
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Andy S

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 08:09:08 PM »
Thanks so much for the tutorial/this entire thread!  With all your AWESOME help, I got it within an hour of first trying it.  It gave me one of those priceless rush feelings like what I got with my first suicide -- I expect it'll be a little slower to wear off this time.  So, yeah, thanks both Sean and Norbi (I watched the video about 20 times).  You made my day/week.

-Andy S

ScottMcG

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 11:56:17 PM »
i cant get the diabolo to go up high enough so the stick to come back round again to catch it! any tips on gettin the daibolo up further?

seán_

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2005, 12:00:28 AM »
just keep at it, a positive amont of swing and getting the timing of the release right.  dont have the right hand (the release hand) higher than the left (IMHO)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2005, 12:07:10 AM »
Yeah, this got me for ages when I first started minigs.  The unfortunate thing is that it comes down to a knack for when the right time to pull up on the string is.  If too early, you'll pull the dibolo up too early and the stick will wrap around it.  Too late and you get the problem of it not hopping high enough.  You want to aim for - let go of the stick - in one fluid motion, move to pinch the string and pull up with a good tug.  When you get the right timing and force of pull, the diabolo will pop up and possibly off to the left too.  

This is why it also helps to do the minig from a string knot entry like a RHBW - 2 inverse trapezes - throw to the left string which will get you in the darkside with the right stick forward.  When you throw the diabolo at the left piece of string, it will cause the diabolo to swing to the right after the release which gives you a bit of momentum with the pop.  Or just a simple throw up and recapture on the darkside will also make it swing to the right.  Two left inverse trapezes might work too.

Try all the combinations of getting into the darkside you know of and see which one gives you the right flow for the pinching and pulling of the string.  Oh, and make sure you pull somewhere between 12 and 2 o'clock (visually, not actually).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ScottMcG

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2005, 12:14:33 AM »
cheers for the tips
im giving up for tonight, theres not enough room here..
im going out tomoro so ill be practicing alot out in the open air...

Cheers

ScottMcG

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 01:31:44 PM »
after 3 days of trying ive almost got it, i can catch the diabolo with the sting, but right now im just finding it hard to grab the right string again? any tips on that part??

cheers
        Scott

Tom Derrick

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 01:59:51 PM »
Quote from: ScottMcG
after 3 days of trying ive almost got it, i can catch the diabolo with the sting, but right now im just finding it hard to grab the right string again? any tips on that part??

cheers
        Scott

May I suggest this thread http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=64

ScottMcG

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2005, 05:24:47 PM »
just pulled of my first few successful mini genocides, but it seems that after the string climba t the end, it string is always twisted round?
any indeas how to make it not happen?

Spooned

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2005, 07:24:52 PM »
The string is meant to be looped round the diabolo at the end, if youre right handed it will be a LH FW knot. Youll figure it out soon enough  :)
Diabolo or Diablo

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2005, 11:46:42 PM »
Quote from: Spooned
The string is meant to be looped round the diabolo at the end, if youre right handed it will be a LH FW knot. Youll figure it out soon enough  :)
I think you mean LFBW don't you?  I always left unwrap after a minigenocide because I've swung the right handstick on the outside.

Chiok

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2005, 12:33:45 AM »
Could be either, eventually you'll learn to control which one you end up with and go on to create many wonderful combination tricks involving mini-gs  \:D/

ScottMcG

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2005, 10:48:33 PM »
finaly got mini genocides properly!!

but i got a weird idea for a strange variation when i messed up once

i did a mini gen but held the string too close to the left stick and when it swung round, it hit the ground just as the diabolo hit it and landed in a grind on the right stick, it was pretty weird and ive not been able to get it done again properly :(

JonnyG

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »
Now its my turn to start learning!

I can do lots of basic stuff now, because I've practiced a lot lately, but I've started trying to do minig's (I think...) and I have come close to them, but Im nearly there. I won't give up.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 02:45:46 PM »
it seems to me that flexible sticks like the energy sticks are not as easy for mini genocides as alu sticks. With my xtreme its easy but i really have problems with the energy sticks  :roll: am I the only one with this problem?

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2005, 04:18:42 AM »
Any thoughts on methods of controlling which side the stick wraps around? Is it just a matter of how far out you hold the stick in your weak hand? Or is it more about the actual angle of the swing with the strong hand itself?

I'll experiment some more.. but it happens so fast that it seems hard to control which way it ends up. I have a tendancy to do it the "wrong" way most often where I unwrap and then have to pass both sticks under to untwist..

Shawn

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2005, 12:50:44 PM »
Most of the time, a genocide for a right handed person has the twist in the string with the right stick infront.  Then in a minig, the right handstick is thrown infront of the string (i.e to unwrap the diabolo) and then it will wrap back up in a LHBW.  You could technically have the darkside with the left hand infront so if you released the right stick, you'd have to release it behind (or in between you arms) and would probably end up in a LHBW again.  To end in a RHBW (like normally), you'd have to make the diabolo recapture so the stick swings behind the left string (or in between your arms).  This generally doesn't happen as you would have a stick flying towards your body, which people try to avoid.  I can imagine it be pretty nasty on a full genocide if you wanted to catch it back into a RHBW.

Most people do things infront of them as it keeps it from hitting themselves.  Of course you can break these "rules" when you make up your nuts minig, suicide, genocide combinations which require different wraps etc.  Really anything goes, but I do believe the first tries always end up as LH darkside, end to LHBW.

Chiok

Mithew

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »
whenever i do a genocide, i end up in a double trapeze.  is that normal???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »
Wow.. I'm an idiot. :)   When I fussed with it with a non-spinning diabolo at first, I thought when it wrapped on the outside, you had to unwrap a certain way. Then when I did that and it was twisted, I thought I was doing it wrong. It turns out I was fine and I just had to unwrap the other way from the start. Those few times that I thought I was doing it "right" must have been the stick coming to the inside instead. Wow, it is amazing how goofy you can act when you stuck in a certain frame of mind.. ;) Thanks!

Mithew, well there should be a wrap of string around the axle, but not an actual stopover/trapeze. Though if you are actually getting into a stopover from a genocide, that is pretty cool!

Shawn

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal