Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 63107 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2005, 05:28:30 PM »
You are holding onto the right stick i imagine.
If you are starting on the backside (with a crossed string), then try doing the opposite (recapture with the other hand, swing the other way, hold the other stick) this will feel weird at first, but its 100% worth learning.

If this is correct, ignore the next bit, but...
If, perchance, you are starting on an open string and doing an anti-clockwise (counter-****wise) suicide that turns into a genocide. Then try passing the right stick to the left hand after the diabolo leaves the string.

Have fun.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2005, 07:53:31 PM »
Mithew it's fine unless Antonin is messing up his genocide...  Look at how antonin does his genocide, it looks like urs

except he has better style, better technique, and it's cooler :D

El Chinho

I CAN DO MINI-GENOCIDES!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2005, 12:41:57 AM »
I only read this thing yesterday, and by the end of today I have done about 10-15 of them (mini-genocides), and got 3 in a row earlier on and even managed to put one at the end of a wee combo!

also, my little-finger-knuckle on my right-hand is friction burned to **** and actually really hurts just now and i have a bruise on my right forearm the size of a squash ball, but i did learn by far the coolest trick that i know so far ...

signed,

El Chinho
right now, i see clearer than most,
i sit here continuing with this cheese on toast

i feel the pain of the third world famine, as we
count our blessings and keep damning

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2005, 10:05:03 AM »
Ouch, sounds nasty what kind of sticks did that?
Behind your back is your front.

Mithew

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2005, 05:06:48 PM »
i was wondering, which do you guys think is cooler, a genocide or a mini-genocide, i think genocides look better, but that might be because i'm better at them (when i do a mini-genocide, the past few times i didn't pinch hard enough and the whole thing was really messed)
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »
I would say that non-diaboloists prefer normal genocides as they are bigger and more exagerated, however I prefer mini-g's.

Martin_

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2006, 07:08:02 AM »
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but wish to share some knowledge and hope to get some advice.

Been playing with mini-g's for about a month now and i can still only land one in every 10. Most of the time the reason for the duff attempt is the stick spinning too fast around the axel on the catch so its either painfully hard to catch or just bounces out of your hand. Any remedy for this?

Also since i have started learning them i have only just realised the sheer number of ways to enter it. Although hardest i have found inf suicide to letting the string wrap over your finger and the diabolo 2-3 times then catching the stick its in backside and mini-g. Is the most amazing.

Since i need the practice my motto now is "if there is ever an oppertunity to mini-g sieze it!"

And finally, has anyone ever tried one from a rolling start in backside. I've sucessfully managed it a couple of times but the lack of spin is a pain.

frank0072

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »
I have played around with genocides and mini-g's aswell the last month, and they come almost easy right now. The rolling start from the backside to mini-g is not so very hard, because a mini-g doesn't take a lot of speed out of the diabolo, so if you perform it allright you can catch the stick do two chinese whips and continue playing.
There are so many ways to get into a genocide, but the most fun is 'the garotte' I think. It's always an impressive trick, and if you pull of a genocide afterwards it's even more impressive I think.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2006, 11:24:20 PM »
Quote from: frank0072
The rolling start from the backside to mini-g is not so very hard, because a mini-g doesn't take a lot of speed out of the diabolo

Mine actualy speeds it up slightly.

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
If anybody wants me to, i'll put up a tutorial on everything genocide. I've got loads of different entries and exits for different genocides, and different styles of genocide.

If anybody wants it i'll Youtube it tomorrow.
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

bacon

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2006, 12:41:21 AM »
I'll make it easy for everyone -

Yes please Ginger Tom!  I haven't even got around to trying genocides of any type, so any help before hand would be most welcomed!

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2006, 12:43:38 AM »
Ok, they'll be on in a few hours
 :D

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2006, 02:36:59 AM »
Well I've ilmed the video, its uploading now.

It's a bit dark, and theres a few drops, but it was filmed at 2am and i'm
fairly wasted.

I'l post a link when its up and running, enjoy!!

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2006, 03:15:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQLgyNook8

Theres the video.

Unedited with a crap tune playing in the background.

Enjoy!

Spink

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Nice 2 handed whip cach to miniG :wink:
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

bacon

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 12:01:37 AM »
*terribly late reply due to blowing up computer*

Thank you!  This should help immensely

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 09:08:42 AM »
hi don't know if this will help of not.
but the other week my brother and i where filming some juggling and diabolo  
stuff.. and this clip relates to this thread.

I was mucking around with some differant camera angles etc, and anyways i was standing on a 1m platform doing mini-genocides (even tho i can pull them 80% of the time on flat ground) i found it really easy doing it right at the edge of the platform, meaning the ground under the diabolo was 1m lower than the ground my feet were on.. understand?... thus resulting in having more time to catch the diabolo before it hits the ground...

HERE is the video with a slow-mo replay... and here(click Photo to inlarge) is a photo for all you ppl who can't be bothered to watch the vid...

take note of the shadow of the diabolo in the photo...

if just learning mini-gen i thought this may help or it may not... give it a go and then give me some feedback...
thanx

Josh
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »
Quote from: Sir. H Jock
I was mucking around with some differant camera angles etc, and anyways i was standing on a 1m platform doing mini-genocides
That's a 1 metre high platform?  How big is your 8 inches?  :wink:

But a good trick for learning.  Especially mini-g's because they are so close to the floor most of the time.  Good for getting the feel before refining the skill.

(your video short cut is wrong, it should be HERE)

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 06:46:28 PM »
1m eh?

i have a ~1.5m wall in my backyard which is way overkill, but i love standing on that and doing infinite suicide to double/triple genocides. you can get away with some weird stuff on there because there is so much room below you. i've also done it on the tops of the playground.

don't get too used to that little safety blanket though, otherwise when you go to flat ground, you'll destroy your sticks ;)

Martin_

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
I'm getting there, good practice the other night was to try every possible mini -g variation and keep doing it till i caught it. The main problem i have is the stick whirling round smacking my hand and bouncing back :P. Tis incredibly fun trick though. Still no idea how the slowicide - mini-g works. I need to yank the strink rediculously hard for it to pop up and it also pops 2-3 feet to my left or right, whatever wrap im doing it with.

For right slowicide mini-g its

Right backwrap -
let go of right string into a slowicide -
as it unwraps tug up on the string about 1/2 way to pull it out of the remaining wrap and in the air-
Let it rewrap itself as the stick makes a circular spin as per normal mini g-
Catch the other stick?

Can anyone point out what im doing wrong here. There is quite a lack of good slowicide-mini-g videos the best example i found is on of bagguetts and diabolos just after erics grind sequence, antonin pulls 3-4 of these off.
But its hard to see and understand the mechanics behind it.

But anyway may your diabolo fly true and fast, just not into your faces *rubs my cut lip thoughtfully*

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal