Author Topic: Genocides - Mini Genocides  (Read 63254 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Mini Genocide
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:48 AM »
Okay.. I know that me and lots of other people want to lurn Mini Genocide but..
It is a realy hard trick..

So maybe some of you could give some good explanation of mini genocide
and tell others what they do wrong. Or create a good tutorial..

What i am doing is i start with the start of a normal Genocide i trow the diabolo in the air i wrap it from above with my right stick. Then i swing it to the right i release the right stick and i grab the left string..
Well i don't know what i am doing wrong but the diabolo won't even leave the string..

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Re: Mini Genocide
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
Try here http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=64.0
Please try and use the search button
Remember there is always the ' "Is there a...thread" thread? ' thread ::) which you can use to ask if there is already any information on the trick
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Mathias P.

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »
Or look at Norbi´s 2D Minigenocide Tutorial. There he shows one variation of a 1D Minigenocide too. And you can watch it as often you want.

-PeAcE-

Mathias P.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:27 AM »
I did used the search button couldn't realy find anything..

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
I did used the search button couldn't realy find anything..
This thread: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2359.0 is always at the top of the tricks section, and is often an easier way to find existing threads.  This thread could probably do with merging to another but I'm in a hurry at the moment.

Dave

Dan

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2007, 01:41:22 PM »
When i learnt mini-genocides i entered it from an inverse trapeze where you swing it through an extra time and drop.  Then simply swing the whole thing to the left of you and release the right stick as normal.  At first i found i got to much momentum if i simply chucked it up to my right and went over it like a normal genocide.  Also theres a slackwhip entry which is pretty simple aswell.  Have a look at videos etc with them.

Vagabond

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2007, 04:18:21 PM »
I just do normal genocide (backside, suicide etc.) but grab the string as it goes round. I'm not sure if this is the correct way but it looks alright.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2007, 05:35:46 PM »
zwiggelbig, what you are doing wrong is what i was doing wrong until someone from the forum showed me (dont know who ???).
instead of putting a right backside on the string, put a left one and then do the genocide to the right and it should undo as you say it is a hard trick and you may find it easier to use different sticks

Vagabond

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2007, 07:30:18 PM »
How does that work? I've been doing normal gen's with a right backside for ages and it's fine.
Nevermind I'm going to try this way to :P

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2007, 07:37:56 PM »
i think its just the technique that you use

Vagabond

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
Would make sense, I've got mates who cant go into it with the right bacjside like me, and some who don't use the backside at all...damn technique.

Rick

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
I recently learnt mini genocides but I haven't yet got them solid and i occasionally have the same problem. i find that i think about pinching the string too early and so try and grab it before the diabolo has left the string, so it wraps up on me. So try throwing it higher and so you have more time to pinch the string.

Also, if it still won't come off after throwing higher: As you swing the diabolo right and let go of the right handstick give it and extra push as you let it go, this should free the diabolo up and make it come off the string.

As for catching: start off catching the diabolo close to where you pinch the string it's much easier and the handstick will come round slower.

I have some in a video I made recently in normal speed and half speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1pWToHLWU at 1:38

hope that helps

Martin_

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:54 PM »
Best advice i can give is plenty of practice. Just try pinching, or holding or just putting your hand in the way of the string untill you can get it to recapture then its a case of grabbing the stick again. This trick along with my continued struggle with 2d high and fans probably took the longest to get to a point where now i can nail it most of the time.

Experiment with lots of ways to get into a backside then do a mini g from each method. I remember making myself keep doing a method untill i could do the mini g perfectly then another darkside method. Even rolling start darkside straight into a mini g <3 those ones.
Its a great trick unfortunatly it seems to be lost on non diaboloing crowds which cry for another high throw.

Summary of above = practice :P

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Re: Genocides - Mini Genocides
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53:13 AM »
Okay this is how i do it;
I firstly do a right or left backwrap you know the way you start a normal genocide.
So when i got it wrapped that way and i would do a normal genocide i swing the diabolo to the right then i release the right stick. Then i try to grab the left string. But what happens is that the diabolo won't even fly in the air. I think i am doing lots of things wrong but i don't know what because i don't understand Mini Gen en nobody around here can lurn me..

So could someone tell me what i am doing wrong? I could make a movie also..

David - SAS1

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2007, 10:28:43 AM »
If you post a video then we can look at it and see if there what is wrong
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
I finaly found out how to do a mini Genocide and IL post a tutorial of my way.

First just start on a open string making some speed.
Then you trow the diabolo in the air just on shoulder hight Then you wrap it from above with your left stick,
thats a left backwrap.

Okay now you got to the point where its in a left backwrap.
What i do is i aim the right stick to to ground then i swing the diabolo smoothly to the right
I let go of my right stick and i try to trow the diabolo a little bit on shoulder/head hight in the air.
Now the diabolo is hanging in the air the stick would make a big circle like a normal genocide.[/color]
But you want to do a mini gen, well what you gotta do is to half the string you do this by putting your right hand on the string. Now the string will make a half circle and if you had it all straight the string will catch the diabolo from below.

You can tryout whatever you like to grab the string you can pull it up you can give it a little more speed or just hold it.

If it seems to happen that you have to hold the stick to high then your string is to long. Or if you catch it all the time but by the time you catched it the diabolo already hit the ground along with the stick.
This could be the problem of being to slow, trowing the diabolo to low. Or you're string is to long!
If you want to find out if your string is to low then go stand on something thats a little bit high from the ground. Now do a mini gen you would notice difference.

I hope i gave a good tutorial..

If you have any questions just ask it.. i will try to make a video tutorial once i can do it better.
Gl! ;)

Mathias P.

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »
...instead of putting a right backside on the string, put a left one and then do the genocide to the right ...

By the way that trick works for both sides as well. But i think the " catching the diabolo from above" method is really the easiest. Just practice often, you´ll get it.

PeAcE

Mathias P.

Rick

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
Whats the variation of the mini genocide where you have the diabolo on a wrap then you pull on the string and the diabolo becomes un wrapped and comes off the string then the string wraps around the diabolo like a normal mini genocide. And how do you do it?

Unforgiven

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »
Whats the variation of the mini genocide where you have the diabolo on a wrap then you pull on the string and the diabolo becomes un wrapped and comes off the string then the string wraps around the diabolo like a normal mini genocide. And how do you do it?

I believe that would be a Continuous Mini-Genocide. Here is a good tutorial for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfb7Pk3B1U

I'm trying to get those, but they are a bit harder than the original ones, 'cause you have to get a good timing for it.

n3mo

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
i can do mini-gens pretty well, but i keep coming across one problem - as the stick swings around the diabolo for the wrap, it often hits my hand and reverses direction (i.e. the diabolo drops and bounces away, while i nurse bruised knuckles). is that pretty much just improper hand position or something?
- Princeton Juggling Club -

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal