Author Topic: Applying a 2D sun to 3 high siteswap, how?  (Read 5759 times)

Arjan

Applying a 2D sun to 3 high siteswap, how?
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:23:29 PM »
Hello you all!

I was thinking lately about doing a 2 diab sun in a 3 high pattern.
Offcourse there is the 522 low notation sun on the 22`s, but I don`t think I should caculate from there.
I was thinking about throwing 1 high, then a 2, to recieve the third and catch the 2 to go into a sun with ease.
I think Priam already experimented with these type of tricks, but are there any correct siteswaps for them?

I tried caculating it for myself, but ended up frustrated.
Offcourse a 2 diabolo sun does not count as a 1.
Or should it, and consider the siteswap momentairly as 2 diabolo siteswap?
Then after the sun is done, pop the both up to go back into 3 D siteswap...

Well.. JiBe, Priam or Baptiste (as you probably know) or anyone else, explain please?

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »
I dont really know mutch about these things, but maybe the 2diab sun culd be wiewed as a multiplex throw of some kind.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:51:28 PM »
hmm, i think maybe the sun would count as one beat and then you could put another 2 in to make the other beat? how about 2 suns? i suppose it depends how long the sun takes, does it count as one beat or two? i am not sure it would be a multiplex because that would be throwing 2 diabolos from the same location at the same time?

steve

Bertrand

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 09:04:22 PM »
You can use low notations for describe high siteswaps.  Per example for the 2d suns in 3 high: ...605080226160...  with 2d sun on 22, or ...6050902226160... with 2d sun on 222 (maybe easier for start the 3 high again).

I hope that i answer to your question.

Bertrand

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »
Yes Bertrand, merci bien!

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Applying a 2D sun to 3 high siteswap, how?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »
Adding to an ancient topic...

Well I've been doing a a fts-sequence for some time that uses fts to go high-low (low within the fts) and then back into high again. From a 3 high/shower I throw one a little bit higher then do 2-2-1 and then resume the high pattern after the 1D sun (the 2's are popped much higher than normally to set this up).

Now my problem is I dont know the siteswap for this. Just typing 2-2-1 is valid ofcourse but it doesn't show that you went into it from a high pattern nor exited into one. Also I'm not sure if the throws from the 2's need to be marked or something as they're so much higher than normal and they have to be for the trick to work. Is there a way to transcribe transfers between low-high with suns like this? My siteswapunderstanding is really bad so hopefully someone can help me out here.

EDIT: I think from reading the OP better that my question is very similar to Arjans but I just dont get how to write it so it makes sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal