Author Topic: mobile  (Read 3903 times)

bombmistro

mobile
« on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

Ok so I don't know if you did it on purpose but I am on my phone right now and the mobile version looks amazing and works
I AM BACK AND HERE TO STAY!!!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Re: mobile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »
Errr.. I don't see any diffrence with my Iphone =|

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »
Well the iPhone is much more of a regular web browser than most mobile web browsers. I haven't designed any of the template this is based on, besides some small modifications. Some day in the not so distant future, SMF will be dramatically updating the design. There is a WAP2 version of the forum that I assume certain mobile devices would pick up on. Look at the bottom in the footer for the link.

Incidentally, I'm still loving the Vogue theme. Looks like 9 other people are too:
Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme:

monkiatzu

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
Incidentally, I'm still loving the Vogue theme. Looks like 9 other people are too:
Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme:
wow
i didnt even realise that magic button, i guess i didnt give the profile page enough credit.
vogue it is :)
thanks for telling me

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
Great. Ha - the users of Vogue just doubled since yesterday. If enough people like it we could make it the default. I was just thinking that if SMF is going to change the default theme then I wouldn't go changing the theme multiple times on people. However, speed of release time has never been one of the great strengths of the SMF team. It took almost a year for release candidate 1 to come out after the first beta. It took about 4 years for the 2.0 beta to come out after 1.0. If anyone feels strongly either way, let me know.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »
After reading this topic I tried to use Vogue for a while, but was highly confused. So I dunno about making it the default time. Not strongly against it though.

mellowscholar

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »
Vogue's quite nice looking, but using it the index page is incredibly wide, although I'm not sure if that's to do with me using chrome.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
I agree with Crackers. I found it quite confusing. But I suppose I could get used to it.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »
Vogue's quite nice looking, but using it the index page is incredibly wide, although I'm not sure if that's to do with me using chrome.

I'm on vogue now but I have the same problem with the index page on all theme's I think its due to the fact of using chrome? The index page is incredible wide =(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal