Author Topic: Diab au Logis (by Diabolumberto, jongle.net)  (Read 7241 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Diab au Logis (by Diabolumberto, jongle.net)
« on: November 17, 2004, 03:56:31 PM »
Diabolumberto of France just released a great diabolo video last night. Here is the thread on jongle.net

Follow the link to http://diabolumberto.free.fr, then look under "Vidéos perso", and scroll to the bottom for "Diab au Logis". It's a well made video with some excellent parody, humour, and tricks.

Sean

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 04:00:19 PM »
Thnx for sharing that! It`s a nice video.

seán_

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 04:12:13 PM »
Lovely video that.

He does a trick I've been working on for a while (throwing the r stick over to enter a hyperloop) but have been getting nowhere with :( .
I'll have to study the video to work out where I've been going wrong.

Definately worth the download (as are the other videos on his site)

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 04:18:03 PM »
Quote from: seán_
He does a trick I've been working on for a while (throwing the r stick over to enter a hyperloop) but have been getting nowhere

I wonder how much it has to do with using relatively heavy sticks and light diabolos. I believe he's using finesses and henrys aluminum sticks. I would think there might not be enough relative force with heavier diabolos or lighter sticks.... then again I really don't know. Can't say I'd ever thought of trying that before.

seán_

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 04:30:30 PM »
I think you might be on to something there Sean

I was trying my Henrys and wooden sticks, time to try the Finnesse and ally sticks :)
*edit: definately feeling more possible but still a way to go*

I have a go at it every so often but had seen it as a long time (if ever) trick.

theres a really nice trick with a Henrys in there. some kind of stick capture release new school trick. (near the end)

Seán_

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 04:39:40 PM »
Quote from: seán_
theres a really nice trick with a Henrys in there. some kind of stick capture release new school trick. (near the end)

Do you mean around 6:45? I love that kind of stuff - I'm getting more into it recently. Although I don't believe he ever uses Henrys in the video. [edit - unless you mean Henrys sticks, of course]

seán_

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »
yup 6.40-6.45 (my usual player doesn't have time coding. I must remember to quote codes from now on :) )

oops your right about it not being a henrys, it just looks a bit like one from the side because of all the marks on it :)

MattF

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 07:34:49 AM »
lol..grinding a book. Dialomberto's performance in the wjf competition was great. I like his pace which is fairly slow.

Nice vid. Thanks for posting

kragen

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 02:16:05 PM »
whew - 60+ MB, downloading now :)

If its anything like "Diab in the wind" that I downloaded its gonna be good tho.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

martijn

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 05:52:24 PM »
Wow, awesome cool video! (just like all other vids of Diabolumberto :wink: ) Copied TMFP, His own bizar tricks, and the "To be continued"-part! Just genious! :D  :D  Thanks for sharing that video! :)

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 05:36:11 AM »
Every time I try to download "diab au logis" it stops at around 20%.  I've tried numerous times, but have yet to successfully download the video.  Anyone have this problem?

Julian

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »
If anyone is having trouble viewing WMV's I have an MPEG version of this video converted. If you would like a copy send me a personal message or e-mail me at sean "at" diabolo "dot" ca.

busk

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 08:57:56 AM »
thanks sean! i recived the video! it's awesooome! i closed the trick that is at 6min36sec!! i love it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal