Author Topic: Some tricks by Luke  (Read 7343 times)

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Some tricks by Luke
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:27:20 PM »
After mentioning in the "introduce yourself" thread that I had lost a video of myself doing a trick, I decided to film it again, along with some other ideas I like to play with.

http://members.aol.com/lukeburrage/diabolo.mpg

For the original trick (the advanced impossible), Sean kindly re-hosted it here:

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/impossiblediabolo.mpg

And I also remembered it was featured about half way through the Shilton's EJC 2003 video montage, which can be found on this page:

http://www.shiltons.com/Video.htm

Any comments on the first video are welcome.

Luke
Luke

seán_

Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:41:04 AM »
Always nice to see your different slants with different props Luke.

Nice rolling start. I could see that looking nice on a stage. I have been trying a similar start (without the roll) but catching the diabolo with the string genocide style and trying to wrap out to get the spin up. I suppose the halfway house between the two tricks would be to hand catch the diabolo and let the swinging string encircle it.

Seán_

For the Diabolists here who have little or no knowledge of the juggling scene, Luke Burrage is a very talented juggler who performs inovative routines, most often toss juggling, but he did enter the diabolo competition at the 2004 IJA convention with an unusual one handstick routine

Sean

• Administrator
Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 06:09:28 AM »
Thanks Luke, it's great to have someone that thinks outside the typical 'French/Japanese diabolo style' box sometimes. I really liked the opening start, perhaps partly because it took me a few viewings to figure out what was going on... the pixelated image just added to the mystery. The sound effects from the tricks add to the video as well.

I look forward, and I'm sure others do as well, to any other original diabolo work that you'd be so kind as to share with us in the future. If you ever want to contribute to the tricks of the week just let me know... or post directly to the forum, whatever you'd like.

Anyway, I think we all have some new stuff to try out now. Thanks for sharing.

Sean

kragen

Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 02:13:33 PM »
That looks really cool, I havnt seen many people experimenting with bouncing diabolo off the floor! looks well neat.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

MattF

Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 03:55:30 PM »
I think that toe catch trick will be a really big hit in the future :D

I especially like the rolling start at the start of your second video.

martijn

Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 04:32:01 PM »
Nice tricks! Very original, (like many other things Luke invented) :)

Arjan

Some tricks by Luke
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 05:56:08 PM »
That toe catch is neat!!!  8) But luke... it is about the diabolo ;)

That one stick string diabolo routine I seen somewhere is also kewl!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal