Author Topic: Me asking Mr. Babache for better grips for extreme sticks..  (Read 6940 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
And this was their reply!

Dear Ramon, Thanks for your message.It is very useful to have your fit back.We will solve this problem and will give your news about it. In a very near future, we will produce carbon sticks in colors .They will be the thinest ones on the market in full carbon very resistant. Thanks again Daniel Schambacher

I send them a Email about the fact that most people switched over from the extreme handsticks to diffrent ones because the grip just kept comming of and then breaking off..

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: Me asking Mr. Babache for better grips for extreme sticks..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
Good work with the feedback. I can live with the grips I just want them to be able to stand up to more punishment.  I'd  pay more  for a stronger grade of aluminum.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »
Yes Indeed..

Later I got this message to:

Hello Ramon, Daniel ( Mister Babache ) says that with the time, each material like silicone becomes usedbut you can put between the grip and the stick a double face to solve this problem and change the grip. Best regards Chrislaine Schambacher

But what means a double face?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »
Probably means double sided tape. I (and every other diaboloist who uses xtreme sticks) feels your pain. I've tried taping them on. I've tried gluing them on. I haven't found anything that I'm completely satisfied with. I might try a different kind of glue. First time I used silicone glue. Might try some crazy glue.

And what about getting rid of the hideous end pieces that have a lip that catches the string? All they have to do is use a metal threaded end piece instead of the overly complex plastic piece with a metal rim. I'm still using my modified first generation sticks because of it.

Einherjer

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »
They really should produce extreme sticks with handles that actually sticks somehow. Mine keeps falling of.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »
Some crazy mofo suggested hairspray to me, apparently it really makes them 'stick' (Ba dom chish!)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:16:26 PM »
Some crazy mofo suggested hairspray to me
That's what cyclists often use to keep their handles on. When it's wet it helps them slide on and then it gets sticky. I think I tried it once but it just wasn't sticky enough and left a bit of a mess. Maybe it was the wrong brand.  ::)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
Ha. I think MB are on to a scientific breakthrough, epoxy resin can't keep em on. I still stand by them.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:28:36 PM »
i feel belittled.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »
Something that might help;

Next time your silicone grip comes off, scratch the hell out of the aluminium where the silicone would be with a file, corse abrasive paper or a wire brush.  Scratch up the surface so whatever glue you use can key to the metal.  Hairspray does work, but a spray glue like Spray Mount or 3M Multi Purpose would be better.  The trouble with epoxy or polyester resins is that they are brittle and if the grip can move a bit, over time the resin will crack away and not hold.

Contact adhesives like Evo-Stik are really good.  Apply a thin layer to the aluminium, turn the grip inside out and a thin layer on there.  Allow to dry for 15 minutes, then roll the silicone onto the tube like you would put on a duvet cover/stockings/condom.  When you roll it on, the glued outside becomes the inside and sticks together.  I will say that I've not done this with MB sticks so I don't know if the silicone has enough stretch to achieve this, but it does work with my sticks (which are only 8mm in diameter and use devilstick silicone).

Hopefully that'll sort someone out.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »
How about babache makes a better LED stick system cuz their current one sucks. Still not really any good LED sticks out there on the market today as far as I know :(
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

RandomSeaBadger

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »
Hmmm... don't like the Babache ones but the Diamond ones look pretty good!

Might get a pair on pay-day!  8)
To save everyone hassle, my real name's Euan! :D

martijn

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
Hmmm... don't like the Babache ones but the Diamond ones look pretty good!

When will people ever learn that the Diamond sticks are just regular handsticks and NOT the glowing version? :P

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
they still look good though
can't believe its not butter

RandomSeaBadger

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »
When will people ever learn that the Diamond sticks are just regular handsticks and NOT the glowing version? :P

Sorry Tijn... forgot to mention the Gold Edition! :p
To save everyone hassle, my real name's Euan! :D

wilyspin

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »
I have something that keeps these grips on - try barge cement (or mondo bond).  It is a kind of industrial rubber cement that is waterproof and increases in bond strength over time.  The catch is you have one shot at this, so don't mess up.

PM if you want more detailed instructions of how I did it.

Cheers
Will

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »
or you could just put tight electrical tape on at the bottom
can't believe its not butter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal