Author Topic: MeinGarten  (Read 7803 times)

DJirty

MeinGarten
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
a new video by me:
MeinGarten

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
Re: MeinGarten
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:46:42 PM »
Silky smooth. I enjoyed that.

Vyckinis

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:56:20 PM »
love your quick style..

i think the soundtrack is to slooow.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
Very cool vid. Thanks  :)

Ethan

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
as for this, long combos are not boring,

very nice, great control, i liked it
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »
I really enjoyed the video quite a bit until the very end when you decided to kick your diabolo. That destroyed my enjoyment. The tricks are good, don't get me wrong. I very much enjoyed watching the tricks.

But, please, less kicking of props. Kicking/throwing away your props just gives a terrible impression - it says to me that you don't care, and immediately turns me off watching a video/trick because I don't want to watch someone with a bad attitude towards their juggling. I like watching people enjoying juggling, and usually turn off videos with people who throw props away (I even disregard some votw submissions due to this as well, as a general note).

That said, your tricks are great and have a nice flow. Keep it up.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »
But, please, less kicking of props. Kicking/throwing away your props just gives a terrible impression - it says to me that you don't care, and immediately turns me off watching a video/trick because I don't want to watch someone with a bad attitude towards their juggling. I like watching people enjoying juggling, and usually turn off videos with people who throw props away (I even disregard some votw submissions due to this as well, as a general note).

Thats a bit weird dude! It wasn't even in anger.

Don't worry man, the kicking of the diabolo didnt put me off. I thought you had some pretty nice tricks going there man. I especially liked the continuous left hand mini-gens.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »
It doesn't matter to me if it's not in anger, it just spoils the mood and presentation to me. The video was very good and I really enjoyed it until then. The continuous left hand genocides were one of my favorite tricks in the video too.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »
I dunno about that, I found the mood to be pretty relaxed and light. I thought the kick was pretty casual and I found it fitting to the mood personally.

GuiZ

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
very niiice vid!! :)
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

dednightwarriorjamxp

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
very nice!! you have great style  :)
Joona

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »
That's really good. I've been exploring with similar stick throws lately.

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »
It doesn't matter to me if it's not in anger, it just spoils the mood and presentation to me. The video was very good and I really enjoyed it until then. The continuous left hand genocides were one of my favorite tricks in the video too.
I have to agree with Duncan on this one, sometimes it can fit the mood but i feel it doesnt here. I didnt think it looked casual he looks pretty annoyed to me and i think it ruined the feel of the video. But i really dont think its a big deal, the video was still great im not gonna let a kick put me off.

jkurty22

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
nice video, i wish i could do those tricks but i cant yet :( ,good job
"Worst excuse for not turning in homework: I couldn't find anyone to copy it from".
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »
It's cool, maybe a bit short but with a great filming and camera angles. Love your speed up style, it's fast, but still smooth.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »
Sorry man that kick ruined it for me, think of the pain you caused that inanimate object.

The video was good I did enjoy quite a lot of the releases, and I'm going to have to hop on the band wagon those left hand mini gens were pretty sweet.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »
Personally, i feel that including things like drops, kicks, throws or even rage in a video is not a bad thing. To me it shows that the person making the video is infact human and makes mistakes, gets frustrated or angry when something dosnt go the way it wanted to. I know that i abuse my props all the time, and thats just the way i am. OK, i could see your point if a video was full of anger, drops and frustration, it would ot be an enjoyable watch and would probably be a bad video. However this video is not full of stuff like that, and to say that one act of 'aggretion' or whatever ruines the whole video is somewhat, i dont know, childish (for want of a better word). To write of a video because of that just seems harsh to me.

I enjoyed the video, the trickes were simple and interesting and have given me ideas to work on. the filming was spot on for the style you had and i enjoyed the watch. thanks  :)
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »
silky smooth. loved a lot of the mid-combo mini duicides. as for the kick, it did not sway my opinion of the video at all
can't believe its not butter

puUL

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »
Good video. Nice and short and good style.

About the kick at the end, normally when i see someone throwing away his props I don't like it very much. The same for someone getting angry and smashing it to the ground. In this video it fitted very well i think. To me it's different because you really chose to kick the diabolo away and i thought it was a great ending for the video. I also liked it because you tried to kick it very hard and that made me smile. It's not just something you did after a trick, you were aware of what you were doing

Keep it up

Martijn

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
Sweet video dude! Perfect length too :)

I don't understand why everybody has to disagree with Duncan, he just wanted to make a very valid point. I agree with him and I don't think people should express their frustrations on their props. Do it on your little brother instead (or on Crackers, for that matter) ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal