Author Topic: 2d handstick advice  (Read 3062 times)

Egad!

2d handstick advice
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:15:24 AM »
Hi!  I have had this question for a little bit now and i decided to post a thread on it.  When doing 2d is it better to use stick with a bit of flex or sticks that are rigid?  And also can someone specify a good string length for 2d.  Looking forward to what you guys have to say;D                                                                                                                                                                                               
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

Will G

Re: 2d handstick advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:08:26 AM »
I find rigid sticks to be better.

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:16:05 AM »
I personally wouldn't go for energy sticks but I imagine any of the others would be fine. My string length is the same as my 1d 

Ken

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
I personally prefer lighter and more rigid sticks for pretty much all types of diabolo play, excluding vetax. With that, I quite like using Energy sticks due to their weight slowing everything down; makes vertax play smoother in my opinion.

Richard

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:45 AM »
I don't think the stick-type matters too much. I'd recommend using the same sticks and string length for both 1d and 2d because it means you can chop and change quickly without changing sticks.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
anything except for wood sticks work for me, i like extremes the most for 2D play though.
can't believe its not butter

seán_

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »
The sticks you are used to.

I disagree with the advice to keep your string the same length. In the end you want the same length string for 1 and 2d but for learning 2 you might find shortening it helps you.

(if i was going to specify I'd say 'tit high' - floor to nipple is a good length for getting to grips with 2d, but thats shorter than a lot of people like for 1 and wouldn't be so hot for 3. nice for 2 high as well though.)

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »
In my opinion thinner sticks are generally better for corrections. Less surface is touching the diabolo, making corrections more precise.

GuiZ

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:00 AM »
well..i think rigid  sticks are better.but this changes to other people.
my string for 2d and 3d , and aaalso 1d is on the middle of my neck.but, with 1d it's a bit diferent/difficult.but no problem...
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal