Author Topic: Slackisfactory (and similar conundrums)  (Read 10186 times)

Jem

• VotW Contributor
Slackisfactory (and similar conundrums)
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »
Hello,

I'm back after moving house some four months ago and finally back on line. This is the stuff I've been working on. The JTV link seems better quality. I have a new camera too but it's somehow made the picture a bit small -never mind I hope you find it "slackisfactroy." :)

Slackisfactory (and similar conundrums)

Juggling.tv - Slackisfactory (and similar conundrums)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Slackisfactory (and similar conundrums)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:12 PM »
Some lovely eiffels in there Jem! Another very nice video.

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »
Some lovely Eiffel's in there Jem! Another very nice video.
That's the same, I thought first.
Normally, I don't like slacks very much, i can do the normal stuff, Eiffel's, Trash's Web etc, but this video showed me, how cool slacks can be. Nice one Jem :D

Mr.D

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
I don't understand how you manage to come up with and memorize all of this, but I know for sure that it made one awesome video! Excellent work. I am very slackisfied  ;)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:57:18 AM »
That was far more than slackisfactory! 4:28 was phenomenal. Loved the back and forth finger grinds with 2d earlier too. You've definitely taken it to a new level.

Lovely forest at 3:08. Did you dye your flys or are those new light purple coloured ones? Or are they triple bearing? They look lavender coloured and I don't recognize it.

The smaller sized/black borders have to do with an aspect ratio setting in your editor. Not a huge deal.

Toddyupa

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:09:07 AM »
Jem you idiot! I've been taking medication for an hour and a half and I still haven't fully recovered from the shock and pure amazement this video has caused! But somehow, I'm still looking forward to your next... somehow...
pretentious 12 year old

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »
Jem that was superb! Loved a lot of the 2d stuff I've been playing with similar things but come up with nothing, you have now given me something to play with! I to liked that 2d finger grind thing. Some really really nice concepts and generally nice moves.

You making it to the BJC?

Bizzat1

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
3:32 - 3:55 was sublime. I'm not usually a fan of slack stuff or string figures, but that whole combo was fantastic.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
It is very rare that i see anybody with even a similar style to me or langerz, and even when i do it is performed so badly that i either don't post or slate the video. however i am very VERY impressed! a lot of nice webs performed with grace, style and flow. nice video indeed squire.
I know i cant officially give them out but i think it is well deserved...... 'CLICK'

Mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Elkku

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »
4:28 was phenomenal.
absolutely  :o
Eljas

looby

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
Lovely job Jem, a fine video you have there sir.  Loving some of the new concepts you're experimenting with, can't wait for an inevitable jam sometime soon.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

martijn

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »
Lovely video Jem, beautiful mounts and string compositions. My favourite was the 2d eiffel combo!

Arjan

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »
That was fun! I like how you combine slacks and grinds, definitly loads of fun stuff!

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Not usually a slack fan but this video was brilliant!
Loved the 2D trick starting at about 4:21 especially.
Sideways is rubbish

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
Loved the 2D trick starting at about 4:21 especially.

CouldĀ“ve filled 2 minutes with just that trick from different angles and it would still be a good video :-D

zhugo

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
3:32 - 3:55 was sublime. I'm not usually a fan of slack stuff or string figures, but that whole combo was fantastic.

I agree ! Wow that was insane ! Very good work !!!
I love slacks !!!  :-D
Thanks !

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »
Very enjoyable. I think I might be able to wrap my brain around some of those tricks and learn a few too.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
Cheers Jem - your style is getting better and better with each new vid
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
mmmm 3.39, you've got style coming out of your ears! lovely all in all, a very enjoyable watch. well done.

lz

Mr.P

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »
Oww Yeaah.....Your videos Get better and better each new video you bring out!... :)
Diabolo Where You Want When You Want?
|)><(|

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
Thanks for all the nice comments  :)

That was far more than slackisfactory! 4:28 was phenomenal. Loved the back and forth finger grinds with 2d earlier too. You've definitely taken it to a new level.

Lovely forest at 3:08. Did you dye your flys or are those new light purple coloured ones? Or are they triple bearing? They look lavender coloured and I don't recognize it.

I think I've been waiting about 3 years for a comment like that! As for the diabs they are standard Fly's and that's their original colour. Thanks Sean.

Jem you idiot! I've been taking medication for an hour and a half and I still haven't fully recovered from the shock and pure amazement this video has caused! But somehow, I'm still looking forward to your next... somehow...

Keep taking it till the next installment!  ;)

Jem that was superb! Loved a lot of the 2d stuff I've been playing with similar things but come up with nothing, you have now given me something to play with! I to liked that 2d finger grind thing. Some really really nice concepts and generally nice moves.

You making it to the BJC?

Thanks Hath. Actually I saw your practise vid recently and I think you've come up with a lot more than you think! I'm looking into the BJC and look forward to seeing you there if Igo.

i am very VERY impressed! a lot of nice webs performed with grace, style and flow. nice video indeed squire.
I know i cant officially give them out but i think it is well deserved...... 'CLICK'

Mofro

Thanks! Not sure what you mean about the 'CLICK'?

Lovely job Jem, a fine video you have there sir.  Loving some of the new concepts you're experimenting with, can't wait for an inevitable jam sometime soon.

Thanks Loobs. That would be good although I'm on the other side of the bridge now Boyo! (Only 40 mins from Bristol though.)

Lovely video Jem, beautiful mounts and string compositions. My favourite was the 2d eiffel combo!

That was also the hardest Tijn, you wouldn't beleive the amount of times a tried to get that grindy -switchy bit smooth and still not perfect.

mmmm 3.39, you've got style coming out of your ears! lovely all in all, a very enjoyable watch. well done.

lz

I thought you might like that combo Lz  ;)

Thanks again everyone, I'd just like to say it's great to be making contact with the community again after 4 months of being offline at home.

Jem.

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »
Thanks! Not sure what you mean about the 'CLICK'?
Never been to a BJC or spent any time around the Ponte/Leeds lot?
Clicker Training is a way of training animals where you use a clicker to indicate positive behaviour. Applied to diabolo, you could be practising a trick and every time you did it correctly someone watching would give you a click. If you did it badly, no click. Eventually you become conditioned to do the trick the right way every time. I think Donald Grant ran a workshop about it at BJC 2007. "Click" became a bit of an in-joke to describe something good.

Back on topic, Great video. You really seem to be crafting a style all your own and that is always nice to see. Kudos.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
Learn something new every day - thanks Nick.

Ethan

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 08:41:54 PM »
i liked it, very low key, but very impressive
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal