Author Topic: "Alone" Diabolo Video (Felix Länge)  (Read 9052 times)

-Felix-

"Alone" Diabolo Video (Felix Länge)
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
Hello guys, :)

I would like to show you my new Video made in Lanzarote.
This is the first time I tried something like this:

Adding a story to a diabolo Video. This Video should show what diaboloing is for me:

The fun at such a hard day...
Relaxing and thinking...

But please have a look at it and tell me what you think about it:

"Alone" Diabolo Video (Felix Länge)

Thanks, Felix... :-D
Check out my my YouTube channel please, tutorials for diabolotutorials.de.vu:  http://www.youtube.com/user/theinstinktives

jamzjazz

• Donator
Re: "Alone" Diabolo Video (Felix Länge)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »
Although i thought the start was a bit long and pointless and the music changed a few too many times i loved the overall feel of the video the camera angles, tricks and the music for the main part of the video. well done!   ;)

Mr.D

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:58:42 PM »
VERY nice! I loved this video. The start is too long, but the video as a whole is great! Well filmed, well edited, well performed tricks, good theme, great video :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

-Felix-

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »
Well, yes you guys are right. More cuts might have helped in the beginning, but the most important thing for me was, that you understand what I want to show in the video... :-D

Thx for feedback
Check out my my YouTube channel please, tutorials for diabolotutorials.de.vu:  http://www.youtube.com/user/theinstinktives

Toddyupa

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
You now know thart 3 minutes of stuff you don't need is far too long. try 30 seconds next time. I was nearly tempted to skip all of that. I couldn't follow any of it anyway.

But the diabolo was great. Loved the fts combo towards the end.
pretentious 12 year old

Arjan

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
You now know thart 3 minutes of stuff you don't need is far too long. try 30 seconds next time. I was nearly tempted to skip all of that. I couldn't follow any of it anyway.

Says who? I have to disagree, it depends on what kind of video/short film you are making and what you want with it and all that sort of stuff. But, I understand, we are not all future spielbergs here.
You probably have the concentration bow of 5 seconds, just realize that.

About the video, I thought it was filmed well, clear and very laid back. But the technique and story line could have been a bit more intresting for me.

Mr.P

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »
Well Yeah The Build Up to The actual Diabolo scene was good untill i realised it went on for 3 minutes but the over all video was well organised and well thought out a lot of time has been put into this?, But well done nice locations aswell!
Diabolo Where You Want When You Want?
|)><(|

-Felix-

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »
At first thanks for feedback, well how Arjan said, for me the 3 minutes in the beginning are less "stuff I dont need". I see it as a part of the whole diabolo Video / short film. This was my Idea and I can understand thatsome of you guys would have liked only a "diabolo video"... :-D

martijn

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »
That was nice! You've got style bro'. I thought the intro was a good length, it fit well and helped explain the theme. Although the story line was quite simple, you did an excellent job telling the story through your filming. You got some lovely shots in there. Keep it up!

-Felix-

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
Wow, thank you  :)

zhugo

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
I liked it !
There were some "Martijn looking" angle, I love them !  :P
There were just a bit too much of "non-diabolo" shots. But that was OK. I also liked the wake-up and the little story.
Nice vid man, keep it up !!

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
If you're going to do one of these types of vid it helps if you have scenery as well as skills and your vid had both.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 09:18:17 AM »
I really enjoyed this one. You clearly put some thought into this video and that always makes me happy when I see a video. Also the whole atmosphere of the video was very nice and relax. Oh, and you are really developing a rather nice style. Keep working at it!

PS- Throw away those Rubberkings! (That's what those diabolo's look like to me... ) They must be holding you back, whether you realize it or not.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
After the replies I expected a reeeeaaaally long intro, but I was pleasantly surprised because yes, it was long, but it kept me interested. The diabolo part was nice too. Quite a lot of good angles that made your tricks look good.

-Felix-

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
If you're going to do one of these types of vid it helps if you have scenery as well as skills and your vid had both.

Cool, thanks!

PS- Throw away those Rubberkings! (That's what those diabolo's look like to me... ) They must be holding you back, whether you realize it or not.

Yes youre right, those are Rubberkings and there are many people telling me to get bigger ones. But what yould you recommend? Maybe a finesse (since I already got one). Or better a sundia fly? ...?

After the replies I expected a reeeeaaaally long intro, but I was pleasantly surprised because yes, it was long, but it kept me interested.
Thanks, yes. Its because many people see this video as an "onliy diabolo" video, they want action from the beginning... ;) But Im happy that some people also find it interresting to follow that little storry. Thanks. :)

monkiatzu

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
wow
howd u do that
the yellow diabolo changed from yellow to blue
wat kind of diabolo is taht lol?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 11:56:36 PM »
Loved it! We need more "martijns" on this forum who put effort into their videos
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Einherjer

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »
You have caught some of the beauty of diabolo in that video, kudos for that.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »
Lovely video. I appreciated the backstory and camera angles. That stuff takes effort - good job. Beautiful place you live. Yes - ditch the rubber kings. If you've got already got a finesse and like it then get another. Just make sure you get the same version.

One thing that would have made parts of the intro look more professional would be if the camera was steadier. Try attaching it to something heavy underneath like a heavy tripod to help steady it out. You could also try hanging weights or books on the bottom of the tripod to make it even steadier. And pan on a tripod if possible.

Oh, and nice triangle s-fan exit. :)

Toddyupa

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
Says who? I have to disagree, it depends on what kind of video/short film you are making and what you want with it and all that sort of stuff. But, I understand, we are not all future spielbergs here.
You probably have the concentration bow of 5 seconds, just realize that.
Maybe you don't have to disagree, but you want to... ;)
pretentious 12 year old

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal