Author Topic: need help with vertax  (Read 2857 times)

lowe

need help with vertax
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:14:19 AM »
hey guys, just me

i have just started trying to learn Vertax. ive watched that video in tutorials and i can hold it for 30 secondso or more, but there are some problems;

1. somtimes the diabolo begins to tilt towards me while im holding it and the string runs off the top cup of the diabolo and tangle up, i know to turn on the spot with the diabolo but that can only corrects one way. Please help

2. my second problem is that im having trouble trying to do a stopover. When i have brought my diabolo across my body and im ready to bring it back across to keep going it drops away towards the ground and the sting runs off the top of the diabolo, what am i doing wrong?

lowe

Re: need help with vertax
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:19:54 AM »
and another question, do you call this style vertax or excalibur (or is excalibur a trick)

Toddyupa

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:09:47 AM »
remember to keep turning left while accelerating.

the stop over... turn. I think that it's important to turn a little more when you're learning it.

Otherwise keep trying. Some people take a couple of minutes, others weeks. My friends been trying for months and gets only 15 seconds with it tilted. And I only took day. People have there own learning rate for different things.
pretentious 12 year old

lowe

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »
well it only took me a day to learn how to hold it so thats good :)

4leek24

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »
when the diabolo tilts toward you, turn, because when you turn to the left, the diabolo will stay and look tilted to the left. dont turn too fast or too slow. the diabolo will eventually tilt toward you slowly, so you need to turn at the same speed it is tilting. for stopover, increase the speeed a little so it has momentum to stay in the air. hope this helps, good luck.  by the way, vertax just sounds better than excalibur, but they are the same.

Richard

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »
The style is called excalibur OR vertax.

Keep practicing - the problems you're facing are simply cause it takes a LONG time to get familiar with how to control the diabolo.

You'll notice that after a while, you will be able to control the tilt of the cups a lot better with subtle hand movements.

It just takes practice, practice, practice :)

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
Have you  watched the vids on vertax?
Juggliholics: people who are addicted to jugglihol

lowe

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 01:23:41 AM »
yea i have, and btw i turn right becuase im left handed, the vids say to keep turning so ill try that, as for the stopover im finally getting it! keep you posted, ty for the tips

NiekG

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 05:30:47 PM »
Also, keep your right hand way higher than your left hand (I'm a lefty too). This makes the diabolo tilt toward you and thus you can keep turning.
Meh,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal