Author Topic: i am making extendable diabolo sticks for gcse plz can you post your thoughts  (Read 11997 times)

gcseproject

hi everyone i am making extendable diabolo sticks for GCSE and i thought i would ask all what you think about the idea.
i would like to add this is going in my project book so foul language is not necessary because i need to do well in this ( i am failing my other subjects)
so if could you just please say your views it would be much appreciated. :-D

gcseproject

The idea for this is that u wouldn't have to buy new ones a you grow and they are easier to transport

Hathaway

• Donator
I find sticks no problem to transport anyway. They fit easily into my bag or even easier into my car! As for growing I'm not to sure, smaller people seem to be able to produce good videos using the same sticks as some lanky person such as looby with his massive gangly arms.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
smaller people seem to be able to produce good videos using the same sticks as some lanky person such as looby with his massive gangly arms.

nearly fell off the chair, laughing xD

but.. i don't see this as a good idea. i mean, i would rather go buy a new set of carbons for like 10£ at the nearest juggling store than having a pair of extendable sticks. How will you actually make them extendable? If its like a telescope-ish (the thing where you have smaller tubes going into larger ones, i dont know what its called? :S ) it wouldnt really hold. My guess is that force on the weaker parts will make it snap AND it wouldnt be my favorite stick for grinds either. sorry but it doesnt really seem as a good idea to me (:

-Tipper

(Im sorry for my english being a little sloppy)
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
I agree. This isnt a very good idea. Look at the little finnish kids in videos like Tricka Technology, they use the same size sticks as everyone else and they have no trouble with it at all, in fact there better than most of us older diaboloists. People just hold the sticks in different ways depending on the size of there hands, i hold my sticks so my index finger is almost off the grip. Other people hold there sticks right at the ends. There is really no need for extendable  sticks.

wgm

if they shrunk back into the handle you could put them in your pocket. that would be cool if you don't feel like carrying a bag around

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
I think it sounds like a good idea if the sticks can maintain their durability
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

nev

• Donator
Something like this?

I wouldn't recommend it - unless you find a way to make them really strong
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Something like this?

I can just imagine those, snapping on the first chinese whip. Looks so fragile.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Wick

I have the sticks Nev showed, and yes, they are very fragile, i broke  them after only some days of diabolo :(

seán_

There were some plastic extendable ones around a few years back, I think they were shipped with some kind of micro diabolo. Steph at butterfingers had some amongst her juggling kit, No idea who made them, they don't look like the kind of thing to use seriously though.

gcseproject

first of the way me and my teacher r doing it is like the crutch's with the way they extend but if i was to do would it be best to make with some sort of plastic or aluminium and would any like to do a questionnaire for me on the design and grip type if so plz leave your email and i will send u it. :-D

gcseproject

I would also like to say I am getting marked for this
And I ve don't have a car so I am making them fit in a hoody pocket

Hathaway

• Donator
Just checked! They fit in my hoody pockets!

NiekG

if they shrunk back into the handle you could put them in your pocket. that would be cool if you don't feel like carrying a bag around
All very nice, but you'd still have to carry your diabolo right? :)
Meh,

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
Just checked! They fit in my hoody pockets!
Mine too

gcseproject

did they stick out at both ends and i am also using a smaller diabolo which would fit in my hoody aswell and would anyone like to guess my age

Hathaway

• Donator
What a pointless question... Your clearly doing GCSE? Unless this is all just a clever joke!!

Thats either a big hoody, or a very small (crappy) diabolo.

gcseproject

its a very big hoody
so what i gather from this is that it wont work

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
its a very big hoody
so what i gather from this is that it wont work
If its a big hoody you shouldnt have trouble getting your sticks to fit in them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal