Author Topic: What should I choose  (Read 7127 times)

Dihabohlow

What should I choose
« on: October 03, 2009, 10:11:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am currently playing with 2 Mr Babache Finesse (G3). In the future I want to buy 2 new other diabolos. I looked up much on the internet, but i can't choose between Glary Tiabolo, Sundia Sun (fixed axle) or Sundia Shining (3x bearing). I want to use them for 1d, but also for 2d. Can someone who has one of those diabolos tell me what the good and bad things about those diabolos are? It would help me to choose and it will also other help to choose,

Thanks, :-D
Dihabohlow

MathiasNorway

Re: What should I choose
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »
Hello!
I had the same problem for a loong time.
look around in the forum, theres plenty of different opinions.

atte96

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:26:49 AM »
sundia sun transparent

bums3n

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
sundia sun transparent
totally agree with you atte.
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
OK. Let's just pick one diabolo and say it's the best ignoring the rest.  ::)

How about a more balanced approach? I'd suggest you read thoroughly around the forum. All the comparisons necessary have been talked about endlessly. Yes, no one has asked about specifically those three, but if we had a separate thread for every possible combination of diabolo comparisons there would be ~1024 threads (assuming ~10 different diabolos out there and not counting other hub modifications or versions of Finesses/Taibolos). Here, I did some research for you:

Equipment
Equipment Guide (v0.5)
Favourite Diabolo Poll 2009
Favourite Diabolo Poll 2008
Favourite Diabolo Poll 2005-2007

Which diabolos to choose: Finesse, Taibolo, or Sundia?
NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo
Taibolo or Sundia Sun?
Taibolo - Gong Qun Diabolo: Good for vertax?
Sundia Sun Series Diabolos
Taibolo Diabolos (Gong-Qun)
NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo
I'm new, and I want to buy a Sundia...
Fixed Axle vs. Bearing Axle
Fly Diabolo (Bearing Diabolo)
Question about Sundia fly diabolo
Sun Vs. Fly 2 diabolo

Perhaps this quote of mine would help:
Taibolo = very light (especially if you switch out the heavy washers)
Suns/Flys = very heavy (especially if you keep the original sun washers)[nb]Of course since this post there has been a lighter sun released[/nb]
One is a light, smooth diabolo that takes finesse to keep in line but you can correct and manipulate on a whim. One is a heavy, smooth rolls royce of a diabolo, that, in comparison, stays straight and keeps rolling no matter what you do.

So, which do you prefer? Only you know.

And this little flow chart I wrote, that I hope is useful:
g'day to everybody and Q's about new diabolo
Reproduced here:
---
The intro to the equipment sticky is a good summary. If you want to know the specific differences between any 2 diabolos you can probably find a thread on that in the gear section.

What it comes down to is that all the major brand 5 inch diabolos are great. They will all be pretty much the same price [nb]Except buying the Circus and almost obligatory plastic hubs, which combined may cost you more.[/nb]. Within those it's mostly personal preference. Someday I should put together a flow chart to help people learn. It goes something like this:

1. Do you really want bearings [nb]As your first diabolo you probably don't unless you specifically want to do certain styles of tricks that require them.[/nb]? If you do, then you should probably go with a Fly but also get a non-bearing axle to learn with [nb]Or possibly the new Duncan Phoenix once they sort out their axle issues.[/nb].

2. Is it important to you to be able to use your diabolo over pavement without it getting all scratched up? A Circus (with plastic hubs of some kind) or a Finesse would be your best choice. A Sun and Taibolo can take some abuse without showing too much wear. The Fly is not for you.

3. Do you want a heavy diabolo or a light one? There's no right answer. A heavy one tends to be slightly more stable and can make learning some tricks easier since they have some momentum. A light one can be easier on your wrists. In rough order of lightness to heaviness off the top of my head: Taibolos or the lighter translucent Suns (especially with plastic washers) or the soon to be released Henrys Vision diabolo < Circuses with plastic hubs and washers or Finesses < Circuses with plastic hubs but standard metal washers or Finesses with weight kits or standard Suns with plastic washers or Flys < standard Suns with metal washers or Yohos.

4. Do you want a soft or hard cupped diabolo? Hard cups are often slicker and easier to correct with 2 or 3 diabolos. If 2 collide you can often recover. Soft cups can usually take more abuse and don't hurt so much when they hit you. In terms of hardness (i.e. soft to hard): Circuses < Finesses < Suns or Yohos < Taibolos < Flys

Recently, I've had a number of people try out all of my diabolos [nb]And yes I have all of these![/nb] and everyone seems to come out with a different opinion. There is no right answer. If at all possible, see if you can try out some first at a shop, juggling club, or convention.

gingerbreadfred

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
Basically, i wouldn't get a shining if your gonna do 2d. the shuffle just feels weird, mor difficult. therefore i would get the taibolos or the suns. if i had to choose it would be the suns. i have 2 transparent ones and they are brilliant fo 2d. hyperloop is much smoother with suns than finesses.:)
Do what you want, because the people that care, don't matter, and the people that matter, don't care :)

Mediaboy13

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
I have a shining diabolo and it is very good quality for 1 and 2 diabolo. But tiabolos and suns work great too.
But the choice is mainly up to you. Look around and search on the web.
Hope that helps!  :-D
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »
In my opinion you should get the "radical fish" diabolo. i heard its incredible for stuff like +2 diabolos and playing 4 high xD
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
Taibolo:the best (for me) good for 1,2,3 and vertax
Sundia:...i dont know,but i tried them and i prefer tiabolo
Sundia Shinning:NO;its good for vertax and bodycombos and slacks,but for 2...and 3....

Dihabohlow

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 09:28:06 PM »
Thanks everyone :-D, for the links and stuff. I had also looked at a couple of those links before. I still don't know what to choose. I've got another question. What is the difference between normal axle and fixed axle? I did research for this on the internet but i couldn't find it.

Oh yes a question for h00k3r: you said: "Tiabolo, the best for me". Do you mean Glary Tiabolo?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 11:06:51 PM »
People seem to be forgetting that the Shining is not only bearing.  You can use a Shining in fixed axle and it plays very much like a Sun.

I have access to all the diabolos and IMO the 275g Sun is by far the best fixed axle diabolo I have ever used.  The shining is very versatile - fantastic bearing diabolo and very very good fixed axle too.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »
...I've got another question. What is the difference between normal axle and fixed axle? I did research for this on the internet but i couldn't find it...

Did you check the forum itself?

If we define 'normal' as the position most regular diabolos are in (ie: not bearing), then you're asking the difference between two things that are exactly the same. A normal axle IS a fixed axle :)

Dihabohlow

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Oh :P, I always thought fixed was something differend then normal axle. Thanks Duncan, you helped me a lot with answering this question. Now I've one last question. I conlcluded that Sundia Sun, Glary Tiabolo and Shing are all good diabolos. Which one is the most simulair to the finesse? Because I want a differend one this time.

sundia-dude

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
i would choose the sundia sun because sundia makes great diabolos and it looks cool

Liitu

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
I use sundia suns myself and I recommend getting them. Taibolos are really good for 2d and 3d but I think they are too light for 1d, for example when doing vertax genocide most of the time they just fly away when they hit the string. Sundia fly triple bearing is just good for 1d.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »
Taibolos are really good for 2d and 3d but I think they are too light for 1d
Then you haven't seen William?
Sundia fly triple bearing is just good for 1d.
Then you haven't seen Nev?

Sundia suns are great, but there's no reason why Taibolos aren't excellent for vertax or triple bearing flys aren't great for 2d. (Learning 2d? Probably not, but the possibilities they open are limitless.)

4leek24

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 12:24:50 AM »
275 g sun is overall best, but i think shining 3x bearing isnt bad. I learned 2d with a sundia shining and a fly, and 3d with a sun added. i havent tried taibolos so i cant comment on that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal