Author Topic: Different excalibur/vertax entries  (Read 14696 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Different excalibur/vertax entries
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2005, 08:44:28 PM »
Quote from: nicoli
is there any way of coming back from vertax to normal diabolo? in all the vertax ive seen, people go in then keep going till they drop it

Nicoli, I've been trying excalibur more now and i've got it fairly well. There is one good way of getting back to normal diabolo and that is sort of working. Fling the diabolo up and grind it while its still in vertax with either of your sticks grinding INSIDE the cup, after your finished with grinding move your stick foreward until it tilts back to normal its hard to explain but its good.

Edit: I suck at explaining..  :-\
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Jester

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 04:19:51 AM »
I've found an interesting wrap for excalibur

if u wrap ur right stick around the back cone then do a chinese whip motion u can go to excalibur but the differerence is this loop never wraps up on u. the exit is a little weird up have to go under ur left hand to go to open string excalibur.

This wrap lets me do excalibur with my Harliquins  :D
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

ming

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 01:25:46 PM »
Jester isn't that the normal bw way to excalibur? or am i missing something?

TimEllis

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 09:35:28 PM »
What about the entry where the string is around behind the legs, and orbits are done rapidly?  I saw Ryo Yabe do it at Cornell, and in the Portland workshop video.  I've been trying to learn that but it's quite tricky.  What's the best way to get into that?  Do I turn to the right or left?  How about getting out of it?
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

fredo

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 09:45:21 PM »
that one was discussed before, but anywaya few tips:

if you've got the video, watch ryo yabe doing it and try it like he does it!

don't care about the exit at first - just try gettig into it - that's hard enough for the beginning...  :wink:

just practise  :P

2d_Dima

Re: Different excalibur/vertax entries
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 02:55:39 AM »
one entry i do sometimes is where i throw the diabolo up high already tilted to the point where it's "vertax".  from here, i can do a variety of entries such as whip, regular catch, lefthanded genocide, etc
  ps.  thanks diabolowho for fixing the yoyo thing. 
  pss.  planning on making a video of all the vertax entries I can think of
Dima Ilushin

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
one entry i do sometimes is where i throw the yoyo up high already tilted to the point where it's "vertax".

diabolo not yoyo. that entry is ok but it doesnt really look appealing. i lked that grinder entry
can't believe its not butter

Brodie!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »
  :o i tried it and it works but once its nearly full vertacal i have to chinese accelarate so then its in the vertax=] and will i can nearly vertax gunslinger
BrOdIe!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal