Author Topic: yoyo variatons (i think)  (Read 6572 times)

Jasper

yoyo variatons (i think)
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
I am looking for a sort of tutorial or just a way to learn these yoyo moves with a diabolo.
can someone show me something or link me to somewhere :)

Indy

Re: yoyo variatons (i think)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
How about watching some Langerz videos an get inspired!
epicness commits

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »
Yeah, just watch some Langerz, that ups the confusion just right!

In attempt to help: Can you give an example of what you have seen that you want to learn?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »
i'm gonna try and borrow a hd camera soon and try and do some slo-mo stuff soon, i was thinking maybe a UV string kind of thing. maybe prague? marko? samuli? that would be sweet.

lz

just a thought

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
maybe prague?
Anything to do with their recent decriminalization of drugs?  ::)

Jasper

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
found him  :-D but the problem is i cant follow him :P how can i learn something from this movie then ?!
Juggling.tv - CoNtInGeNcY

Indy

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
found him  :-D but the problem is i cant follow him :P how can i learn something from this movie then ?!

Langerz was the person who inspired me to learn some yoyo-diab moves.
I've learnt to understand this style by watching his first video over and over again.
When I figured out what the starting move was for one of his combo's, I started to try it myself and just played with the elements of the tricks in this video.

So just keep watching and try to do some tricks of it. You will fail, but your mistakes will always bring you to the next level!
epicness commits

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
Yea, i think we should do that Langerz. We have planned another trip for you during the spring so that would be great as well. ;) I have some more yo-yo tricks on diabolo, found really nice bridges. Once you figure out the double or nothing and Houdini drop in diabolo, everything gets easy.

Although i totally need a smaller bearing diabolo.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Jasper

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »
marko do you use the double or nothing? i now that trick! :D

bombmistro

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
grrrrrr! i come to this forum to get away from yo-yos... o well
i do a lot of this stuff you just start slow and work you way up to speed i never thought about doing yo-yo like suicides on a diabolo i have to go try this

EDIT: got it only took 10 min i can try to get a vid tut or something up (not as hard as it looks) now were you serious about double or nothing and Houdini drop?
I AM BACK AND HERE TO STAY!!!

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
I left yo-yo's over 8 years ago.  I still take them out every so often, but I'm what would be considered old school.  I was yo-yoing when "cold fusion" was consideded one of the hardest tricks.  Wow, I'm getting really old!

I basically learned diabolo by trying yo-yo tricks on my diabolo, but I haven't really explored any yo-yo tricks in years. :(

-Jason

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
i'm gonna try and borrow a hd camera soon and try and do some slo-mo stuff soon, i was thinking maybe a UV string kind of thing. maybe prague? marko? samuli? that would be sweet.

lz

just a thought
I might come and I have a HD camera  :)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 08:01:10 AM »
I'm not kidding about double or nothing or houdini. All possible. Langerz even showed me branding with diabolo, that was freakin cool. Also try out the Hidemasa Hook (what ever they call it, just basic hook) now that is real easy and works out great with diabolo. You would be surprised with the stuff you can do. 5A stuff is little harder, i'm not getting my diabolo beesting to work correctly. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Jasper

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26:35 AM »
ooh tnx guys, I'm gonna trie it and also with the double or nothing and that sort things!!
someone knows a link where i can find more yoyo inspired tricks? ( or other tricks:)

gravity

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
oi that's the first video of lz i Sean apart from the oddballs DVD an the trapdoor vid i love that style i bean working on tricks like that for a while the string suicides are my favorite at the moment but could anyone explain his 2d Eiffel at 1.29 he does a back wrap then j whip and i cant really see the rest it looks like he go's from j to c-whip the neer cup and the rest is a mystery I'm going to practice. an if anyone has more links to more of his vids that would be fat it saves train fair.
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:53 AM »

gravity

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
cheers thats wicked!!
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

nezzybaby

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
Haven't watched that video in ages, felt the need to comment:

"If ninjas diaboloed they'd diabolo like Langerz"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal