Author Topic: Infinite suicides  (Read 75642 times)

Eduardo

Re: Infinite suicides
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
I'm struggling with this one also... Do you need to throw the left stick or just releasing should do?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 04:38:16 PM »
Quote from: Eduardo
Do you need to throw the left stick or just releasing should do?

Release it while swinging the diabolo to the right with the right stick. The first part is the hardest. Once you get into the infinite part it gets much easier. I think I would describe the part where you release the stick somewhat slow and relaxed but then you must quickly wrap back around the diabolo at one point to get into the 'infinite' position.

kragen

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 04:46:28 PM »
ah cool, gonna need to give that another go once its light again...

damm winter...
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »
i know this is an old thread, but i was playing around with infinit suicides today at my local juggling club and i was wondering, what kind of variations are possible?

i've come up with switching hands, which i have been told looks nice, the good ol' walking around the whole mess

also, i've seen a very interesing thing from vux, on diabology. he puts the stick in a position so it does an inverse trapeze(magic knot) for you, then throws it up, does a genocide and continues doing infinit suicides, i only got the catch once, and it hit my hand.

also, if i remember correctly, either erik or antonin on the MFP open stage at the EJC(i think that's where it was), he did infinit suicide and then stopped it with his foot or something.

on another note, could anybody explain to me what i should do for antonin's genocide from infinit suicides variation?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 03:57:41 AM »
Quote from: Punkerpanda
...could anybody explain to me what i should do for antonin's genocide from infinit suicides variation?

Let the string start to unwrap. At the very last second before the diabolo falls off the string but you still have a bit of friction on the diabolo from the string, pull up hard to launch the diabolo. Let the stick continue to swing (if you're Antonin feel free to swing the stick on either side of your body for good measure) and re-wrap the diabolo as it falls.

Simple. :)

Sean

zzzzzzzzzzzz

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 09:39:52 AM »
Yeah.

Yesterday i tryed to do the infinitive suicide, and with the tips i've read here it's working (sometimes :P)

For me it was hard to find out how fast the diabolo should spin...

The only negative thing about infinitive suicides is that you need a quite large room... (can't wait till summer)

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 11:33:28 AM »
No problem, come to Spain, lol  8) (I´m just joking) :D
Rooted diabolist.

unenergized

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »
I recently got infinite suicides, but the string always seems to wrap around my stick i'm holding. thus reducing the stringlength slowly but surely, i'm wondering is this common, or is my technique incorrect.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005, 09:27:05 AM »
Hi unenergized, and welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post to this thread to we can keep posts on this subject together.  If you read the rest of the thread, maybe you'll get some useful help.  I'm not good at this trick, but I think you're letting the stick wrap around the diabolo each time it goes round - it's meant to wrap and unwrap each time.

diabololi

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2005, 09:33:39 AM »
Barnesy, I think you might have misunderstood him. When I do infinite suicides with wooden sticks, the string does slowly wrap around he tip of the stick, so I used carbon fibres. That fixes the problem.

Hope this helps
Oli

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2005, 09:43:13 AM »
Ah yes.  You're right, Oli.  I've seen people get that problem with wooden sticks when they use a knot that ties close to the stick.  I use a bowline, so there's a loop of string near the knot, allowing freer movement.  Sean_'s  profile image is a bowline.

I've got used to letting the string slip off the end of the stick (by tipping the stick forward a little) when doing continuous suns, or other tricks where the string could keep wrapping round the sticks.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 09:47:56 AM »
ah yes i have this problem, as i also use wooden sticks (that will be sorted in a week [my birthday on feb 8th, getting some short fiberglass]) But i have now developed a subconscious unwrap of the string, everytime i lift the stick, as it gets to its peak i let go of the stick for a splits second and it causes the stick to spin around quickly and undo the string. It's genious, and works great, see if you can work out what i mean.

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 02:46:25 PM »
For me inf. suicide wasn´t that difficult (maybe because of my heavy diabolos, in those days I used arlequinos, nowadays my principal are finesses, but I still use arles sometimes), usually I use trapezes/stopovers when I start them ( http://www.kolumbus.fi/diabolo/infsui.wmv ).
   But inf.suicide->genocide is quite difficult but little practice I think I´m able to do it... And some more practice I believe I migth be able to do inf.suicide->genocide->mini-geno..

My real problem rigth now could be continous mini-genos (like Diabolumberto does) they are much more difficult for me... And I haven´t done anything with one in few months (I wan´t to learn 3d), exept some horizontal stuff... (I can´t close excalibur suicide :evil: it allways stop or something stupid happens....) Sorry again ´bout my english and bad writing stuff.

Mattias

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 04:58:24 PM »
Quote from: norbi
my birthday on feb 8th.

Best...day...ever  :D

And yeah. Infinite sucides...*runs away*
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

MrBabache

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2005, 07:52:32 PM »
Hi
Can someone explain how to do that trick?

eggy900

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2005, 08:39:58 PM »
yes please do, i want to learn it too so that i can link it in with a genocide

Mattias

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2005, 08:40:54 PM »
Rather slow speed on the diabolo on an open string
Then wrap the diabolo and when the right stick is a 3 o'clock. Let go of your left stick and start rounding the diabolo with the right. You should do slow motions upwards and then fast downwards. Kind of make the shape of a half heart.

This aply if right is your dominant hand, and I guess you can figure my discription out if you're a lefty too

Hoped it helped
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

eggy900

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »
thanks, i will try that as soon as i get some new string

seán_

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2005, 09:02:01 PM »
plenty of pointers in this thread about infinite suicides.

Personally I found it helped me to have the stick pointing either towards the diabolo or towards the sky (depending on wether or not I'm running a short or long string), as I say maybe a personal thing, but when I have the stick horizontal I find this move harder.

@eggy: if you are doing this move from a genocide, you get a 'not so infinite suicide', the motion apears the same but the diabolo will slow down

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2005, 09:07:29 PM »
i been doing diabolo with a broken arm and the only trick i can really do is an infernate suicide and just pulled off an infernate suicide to magic knot to genercide to infernate suicide again the infernate suicide stopped after 2 cycles though
zack turner

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal