Author Topic: Infinite suicides  (Read 75635 times)

sharkbait911

Re: Infinite suicides
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2008, 07:44:27 PM »
yeh i call it the infinite suicide

diabolo

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
Mod edit: I split this from the [trick] Genocides - Mini Genocides thread to allow them both to develop: Seán_

Also, whats the trick where your only holding one handstick and the other is orbiting around the diabolo, continuouly.

I call it continuous suicides, but what do I know :)
Hey how do u keep on wrapping the infinite suicide?? ???

fzzyrn

« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2008, 03:08:49 AM »
its kind of a rhythm. let the stick go partially around the axel before rewrapping

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »
80% of the time you are doing a pulling up motion.

You start by doing a right wrap around the diabolo. Then you just let go of the left stick and with your right strick do a pulling up motion and re wrap the diabolo. Now don't do anything and you will see that the diabolo will fly off.

Now do the same thing again.

- Do a right wrap.
- Let go of the left stick.
- Make a pulling up motion with the right stick.
- Rewrap the diabolo, so just make another wrap after the pulling up motion.
( This will prevent the diabolo to fly of. )

You just have to get a feeling for the pulling up motion and the wrapping motion. But remember that 80% of the time you are making a pulling up motion.

Fritz Stein

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »
Hey, I basicaly got the motion down (meaning I can make the stick spin around about 7 times before I fail), yet everytime I stop, the string will be wrapped around the right stick several times, even if I did everything right...

Is this normal?

fzzyrn

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »
This is simply a flaw in technique.
Try pointing the stick towards the axle as you wrap it.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »
You can also do a right trapeze and then you release your left stick.
As soon as the stick hits about 2 o clock? Not sure.. But then you do the pulling up motion and re wrap the diabolo.

Could somebody give me any tips on doing the 360 infnite suicide?

Dennis

« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
I need help with the infinite suicide Antonin does in "Baguettes and Diabolos" at 2:32!
He always pulls it up with his right hand in the string!

How do I have to start the trick?

the trick can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSr_zgU_iY  at 2:32

please help me,
I really want to be able to do that trick!.. :D

Dennis
hi! :P

fzzyrn

« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »
you do it like a normal inf, but instead of straight up starting it like normal, pinch the string before starting when the diab is already wrapped.

make sense? slightly...... incoherent.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »
One way [1] I do this trick by Antonin is to start a regular infinite suicide with my right hand, change it to my left hand, then grab the string and start the infinite with my right hand again.

-Duncan

[1] Well, the only way I can do it.

Shadebob

« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2009, 02:37:34 AM »
So, this trick seems really cool and after working on it for about a month and a half now I think that I have got it. The only problem is that this motion is supposed to add speed right? Because whenever I exit the wrap, I have almost now spin left on the diabolo. Am I doing something wrong?
"Your Life Is Yours Alone! Rise Up And Live It!" -Terry Goodkind

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »
It adds speed, up to a point.  During the wrapping, the upwards pull of the string is what adds speed, you then rewrap the diabolo so you can pull up again to maintain the speed.  If you're finding almost no spin left, it's most likely a technique issue and you're not focussing on the up pull but on the wrapping of the string around the axle.

Nice smooth upward pulls and then a quick wrap.  Does that help?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Shadebob

« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »
That's what I thought the proper way was. Is it possible that I have another wrap on the diabolo and this is messing things up?

Edit: I just spent some time with the trick trying different rythms to the pulls that I was doing and I think I found out what was wrong. It is hard to describe, but I believe with a bit more practice, I should be pretty comfortable with this trick. Thanks again for your advice.
"Your Life Is Yours Alone! Rise Up And Live It!" -Terry Goodkind

Linny

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site but what the hell! :D

I've been trying to learn myself infinite suicides because i think they look ace! :D

Problem is that when i let the left stick go after my wrap, i start to circle the right stick but my diabolo just ends up clumped up with my left stick flailing around in the air ? :P Anyone know why this may happen, any tips ? :D

Thanks,

Alan

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2010, 04:33:45 AM »
Hi Linny, I merged your post to this rather long thread. There should be lots of useful information within.

A couple general suggestions to summarize:
- don't start with too much speed
- the motion isn't a circle, it's sort of shaped like a tall backwards "D" if you are right handed. i.e. mostly an elongated upward motion with a quick return back down.
- it can be relatively slow

Wigg wigg

Infinite suicide help
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
Could any body give some help to me because I can't do Infinite suicide no matter how hard I try, I have watched loads of tutorials on youtube.

Btw does it make any diference using a sundia sun ( ball bearing diabolo) ????
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2010, 08:35:08 PM »
I merged your thread to this long existing thread. There is lots of useful information within. Yes, an infinite suicide feels quite different with bearings. I imagine it would be easier to learn without them. However, a Sundia Sun doesn't normally have bearings, so is that what you meant?

Wigg wigg

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
It dosn't?! It does say "Sundia Sun" in the cone?! But I am (hopefully) getting 2 finesses for 2D so I'll try it with them.

Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal