Author Topic: Infinite suicides  (Read 75652 times)

Spooned

Re: Infinite suicides
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2005, 08:46:53 AM »
Quote from: ztt
i been doing diabolo with a broken arm

:shock: ?????
Why, not the most healthy thing to be doing, but the trick sounds cool, prehaps when your arm heals you could make a quick vid?
Diabolo or Diablo

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2005, 08:36:30 PM »
Hmm. Is it possible to do infinate suicide with two.  I tried it and had the stick i wasnt holding orbiting both diabolos for at least two orbits, than it started spinning super fast and everything got out of control. I think this is infinate suicide with two, but maybe not, Im probably just kidding myself. If you guys want an explanation on how i tried it, i can try to explain.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

seán_

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2005, 10:47:37 PM »
In the first Leeds video, Mattf left in a clip of me trying an infinite suicide with 2d using the hyperloop suicide exit, keep putting the wrap on with the left as the right stick keeps suiciding, this is one way that people have tried infinite suicides with 2d, Your way sounds different so maybe an explanation or a video (possibly in a new thread to keep this one clear).
The hyperloop way is very tricky because of the speed it spins at, The best I have heard of with it is 3 revoutions with a catch (Martijn) and 4-5 revouotions with a catch (Tahia) bit of chatter about it here)

Another way to do an infinite suicide with 2d was demonstrated by Priam at the BJC, he used an antisuicide but kept it going, he used bearing diabolos for this because he said with fixed axles one will loose spin.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2005, 11:13:16 PM »
Yeah, sounds like you guys had the 2d infinite idea two. I tried from the hyperloop to suicide exit then to infinite suicide. I also had another idea on it which was not antiusicide, but then i dont think it will be infinite suicide anymore. That idea was to wrap both diabolos, let both sticks go, and somehow do a 1d infinite to the left and a 1d infinate to the right diabolo.  :shock:  Then again its probably not possible. Ive never tried it. Tell me if any of you guys actually pull it. I will be amazed!
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Spooned

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2005, 11:42:20 AM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
That idea was to wrap both diabolos, let both sticks go, and somehow do a 1d infinite to the left and a 1d infinate to the right diabolo.  :shock:  Then again its probably not possible. Ive never tried it. Tell me if any of you guys actually pull it. I will be amazed!

So would i, i really think its beyond anyones capacity at this stage, maybe in the future.

edit: Look at diabolumbeto's trailer vid at 6secs - 7secs. Is that what you mean?
Diabolo or Diablo

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »
Quote from: Spooned
edit: Look at diabolumbeto's trailer vid at 6secs - 7secs. Is that what you mean?
That does appear to be the pickle.

I tried to do it from a left bw and managed to get it for a couple of revolutions (looks awesome) but the right handstick comes round just too damn fast to catch, or if I did manage to catch it, could break my fingers!  I tried to do it from a left fw (or right bw) but I couldn't get the suicide to come around and when I tried to rewrap it for the infinite, the sprinkler imploded.  I guess thats cause you're moving  in the opposite direction to the sprinkler rotation.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

QUOTH

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2005, 11:30:19 AM »
hey sean, i cant seem to see your vid, is it just me or has it gone?  :?

my problem with the infinite suidcides sre it droping down the string[main problem] or wrapping up. im using henries jazz,and henries string.

i think its just down to me being new and my string is nackered.

anyone got any tips for tricks for me to try to get used to doing infinite suicides[apart from suicides, obviously :p].

btw, hi everyone, im new :)
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2005, 02:32:44 PM »
Quote from: QUOTH
hey sean, i cant seem to see your vid, is it just me or has it gone?

Yeah, it was gone. I uploaded it again temporarily for you. It's a low quality video and there are probably much better examples out there now.

In terms of advice to keep the diabolo from sliding down or wrapping up my best advice would be in this message.

Welcome to the forum. :D

QUOTH

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »
thankyou :)

ive read the post, ive read the whole thread ;) ive tried since and now my problem is getting the released stick to spin around properly. grrr, much to warm here today, to stuffy to practice

thankyou verry much :) :D hopefully ill fit in here :)
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2005, 06:43:14 PM »
To start it off just swing the "spinny" stick under the diabolo as you pull up the other stick. After that just up 80% and then under 20% (or what works best for you).
Bill.

QUOTH

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2005, 10:29:44 PM »
hmm, i can see what you mean. so should the held stick be roughly making a "1/2 a heart shape" like described [somewhere] above? pulling it up to keep going and only then looping, pulling on the "spinny" stick to keep it going round uniformally??

*hopes question made sence :shock: *

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »
That's kind of the shape yes.  You swing the swingy stick to the right and then do a quick wrap with the right stick and just get the feel for the swinging motion.  The trickest parts are to not rush the wrap otherwise the spinning stick will spin faster and make your life hard.  The other would be to get the right timing.  Hope you get it soon.  

I did however find it easier with the right equipment.  Before I was using Henry's Beach and MB Performer sticks and couldn't do it at all, just wrapped up.  Then I used a friend's finesse and fibreglass sticks, and managed to do it to my surprise.  Not to say it's the equipment, but I can't be sure.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

QUOTH

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2005, 11:09:34 PM »
i thought so, it looks like im just wrapping it to rapidly. everytime i practive it gets abit closer, ill kepp you updated [and by "updated" i mean ill keep asking for advice :)]

im using henries jazz and wooden sticks, and my string is nackered, frayed to death. thankfully i have more in the post, and some short carbon fibre henries sticks in the post to me :)

thanks for the advice :) :)

Llama_Bill

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2005, 11:14:02 AM »
Also an old string makes it alot harder as it wraps up more, if you come to EPCC I can show you how to do it and give you tips (not that Im a master at it or anything).
Bill.

QUOTH

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2005, 01:01:14 PM »
*back on topic*

ok, ive got my new sticks and string and am feeling so much more comfortable with them :D, anyway, lets get to the trick

i have trouble getting into the infinite suicide to start, and if i do well the stick im wrapping always catches up with the "swingy" stick. meh, i think i just need more practice.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
That means you need to pull up slower and loop under fast but smooth when the "swingy" stick gets to around 2 or 1 on the clockface.  You have the same problem as my mate Aaron.
Bill.

QUOTH

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2005, 06:54:09 PM »
glad to know its not just me then :p

ok, thats useful info. so how should i start? ive tried from wrapped chinese but that dosent work, and suicide to slowicide didnt work just because its to low. so how should i get into it :S

all advice apreciated :) [and sorry for taking over the thread, lol]

Llama_Bill

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2005, 07:16:38 PM »
Have 80% of the string on the swingy stick side of the right wrap (if you're right handed) as you let go of the swingy stick with a little push pull up a little faster than usual with the other stick and just get into a smooth motion, soon you stop thinking about it and just do it.
Bill.

QUOTH

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2005, 07:27:59 PM »
ill give it ago tomorrow. even if i cnat get it im shure someone will show me at elsmere port :)

James

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2005, 06:27:28 PM »
I was trying to do infinite suicides for a while with my Finesse Gen 2 and Henry's Aluminium Handsticks, but I found it really hard to create a smooth looking movement (partly due to the fact the string wrapped round the handstick).  But then today at school my friend leant me his Henry's Jazz and Henry's Carbon Fibre sticks (I think), and it made the trick so much easier.  With those I can pull it off 90% of the time, making it look really smooth  :)
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal