Author Topic: Infinite suicides  (Read 84407 times)

scottp45

Re: Infinite suicides
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »
k i tried pointing the stix down with no luck. question: will alu stix break if i do infinites? (WHICH ARE BETTER 4 INFINITES)

scott
The atomic weight of carbon is 6

now help the bunny rule
the world by putting it
in your signature           (\__/)
                                  (='.'=)                       
                                  (")_(")

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »
For only doing perfect infinite suicides, your alus will not break, but if they hit the ground hard they can bend.
The Vitamin Guy

diplodicai

« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2006, 07:34:20 PM »
I use henry's short carbons and they work fine for infinites. Have smacked the floor several times and haven't had any breakages. For some reason the weight of MB sticks seems way out and I can't get infinites with em no matter how hard I try??? BTW, whats the easiest way of catching the stick after an infinite to genocide? The free stick seems to achieve warp 9 and I wondered if there was an elegant way of controlling it. 
Dude, not on the rug.

scottp45

« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2007, 12:22:58 AM »
Ill buy some carbons then if i get the money :P

scott
The atomic weight of carbon is 6

now help the bunny rule
the world by putting it
in your signature           (\__/)
                                  (='.'=)                       
                                  (")_(")

Christopher

« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2007, 12:30:41 AM »
i use carbons too for infinite suicides but it's tricky to do a complete 360 turn due to the light stick and the fast rotation of it.

merripp

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »
i dont gettit when ever i try it everything goes spack and just wraps up the string or just flies across the room :'( ???

merripp

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »
so any1 help me? lol

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2007, 05:12:49 AM »
Are you using wooden sticks? If so, that's the reason why.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »

i dont gettit when ever i try it everything goes spack and just wraps up the string or just flies across the room :'( ???

If you mean that everything wraps up into a ball it could be old string that is too grippy. If it's just wrappping around the stick then what Matt_ said.
Behind your back is your front.

merripp

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »
nah its alright now lol i think i was just wrapping 2 quickly :P its fine now tho lol ty anyway

cpai

« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »
Right now I can do this fairly well, but most of the time the stick swings around the diabolo faster than normal. Then the diabolo falls off. So therefore I am thinking that my techinque is incorrect in some way. Is there a way to correct this? I have tried wrapping faster, but the stick swings around even faster, so it doesn't help much.

seán_

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
nice and steady pull upwards for 80% follwed by a quick rewrap. during this rewrap you also recover the 'drop' of the diabolo caused by the pull upwards so that you keep the diabolo fairly close to your right hand. If you dont do this the diabolo falls further and further and you have to make huge circles to keep the move going

Basically you dont want it to get to the point where its wild
hth

brind0g

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »
Amen to that! Wink But, come on... join the aluminium side: the benefits of the carbon sticks but no risk of breakage and less string usage. You know you want to...

Anyway, I was looking on my harddrive to see if I had any old closeup footage of me doing an infinite suicide that might illustrate the pause on the upstroke and the rhythm. Didn't find much, but I did find two short clips which I quickly put together with some catchy music. I tried recording them in slow motion, but the interlaced effects on the video make it shake all over the place and make it generally hard to look at, so this will have to do. In particular, have a look at the 5 to 6 second mark. I think that's the best segment in terms of the ideal hand motion.

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/sean_1d_infinite_suicides_TEMP.mpg (1.6mb)

(I know what some of you are thinking: Sean's showing a video of him doing a one diabolo trick - I thought he could only diabolo with 2 on the string at once!? Well, I'll have you notice that the first trick is a 2 diabolo entry and the second clip starts with 2 diabolos but I'm in the middle of dropping one. So there.)

Sean

Just bumping this back up to get someone to possibly temp load the video up again please *cough* Sean *cough*... Would be GREATLY appreciated!! Or if anyone else has since made a nice tutorial... Please share it!! Love you long time  ;) ;D

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »
Okay i had all the same problems.. i tried infinite suicide normal way failed it.. i did to wild
So i tried it true trapeze i got the basics true there and now i have the feeling to do infinite suicides.

What you must do is do it SMOOTHLEY dont try and wrap it around wildly just..
Wrap the diabolo then hold the sticks in normal position.
You let go of the left stick and you try to find out at what time it is the best to re wrap it
But after you let go of the stick pull the diabolo up! with your right stick then make a circle around the diabolo so you rewrap it. But remember hold the diabolo close to your right stick.
Then just simply stop the re wrapping and catch the left stick.

This is how i do it.
Dont say you cant do it you just have to find your own way to do it..
And dont go wild and get crazy just smoothely and you will lurn it. :D

martijn

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »
Could you please try to write without all the funky colours? Thank you.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2007, 10:03:07 AM »
fine fine..

Hodges

« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »
when infinate suiciding i can do all of it until the stick is orbiting the diabolo, when the string just unwraps itself and falls out of the string ???.
thats the clearest i can think to describe my problem but any suggestions?
hodges
Where's the bloody Summer?!?!?

doiabolo (joe)

« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
some people have no common sence at allll!!
if its unwrapping surley to prevent this you would rewrap it as its unwrapping
ha
geniusis in the eye of the beholder

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2007, 03:04:34 AM »
Yes, you must rewrap the wrap you just wrapped before it unwraps ;)

Say that ten times
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Radium

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »
I do it a bit differently to most others. I don't wrap the diabolo first, I swing the diabolo anti-clockwise and then once it reaches about 2 O'Clock I let go of the left handstick and finish the wrap with my right handstick I then continue with infinite suicides. With that method I learnt the trick consistently within a couple of hours.

Radium
Why does a fallen diabolo make more sound than a vertax genocide?

Want a free PS3
http://ps3.f4e1.com/index.php?referral=1566

Radium

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal