Author Topic: Coolest flukes  (Read 14817 times)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« on: June 16, 2005, 09:27:49 PM »
Hi
First of all big up to anyone who can do 3 diabolos high or low, ive been trying for nearly a year and things still seem impossible. Big BIG up to sean for his latest video(smile), his three low skills are awesome and i really look up to him as a diabolist.

Now to the topic, i thought it would be funny for some of us to post things we've fluked by accident and perhaps even formed into reliable tricks.

One ive done a few times when trying double and triple genocides i caught them with a bounce before the catch and i can nearly do it quite reliably now.

Big up to anyone who can do 3 diabs again
thanx bye

Pete
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

CM

Coolest flukes
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 10:06:07 PM »
A few weeks ago i was doing a few armstalls with 2 diabolos and the stick slipped out of my hand and i accidently did a genocide with the diabolo in the armstall. Have'nt been able to do the trick more than a few times though.
YO!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »
Heh, nice one CM.

For me, there have been some cases where i was speeding up 2 diabs, one wrapped, when the stick slipped out of my hand, and fell to the floor with the wrapped diabolo, and performed a grind for a short second.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Dax

Coolest flukes
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 06:43:30 AM »
i was doing a slowcide a bit drunk and i missed the stick. It landed on the floor with the diabolo grinding on it. I can now do this most of the time.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 06:54:36 AM »
Theres always the good ol` suicide/slowcide thang where you miiss the stick and it bounces off the floor to wrap the diab and let you swing it back into your hand  :)

Chiok

• Donator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 11:03:31 AM »
When I get a late backwrap and then I just kinda panic and do a frenzy of front wraps, back wraps and suns and one time it went back into the shuffle.  So don't let anyone tell you panicing doesn't help.

Matt Hall does the bouncy genocide thing doesn't he?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Tom Derrick

Coolest flukes
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 11:47:36 AM »
Quote from: JGherkin
Theres always the good ol` suicide/slowcide thang where you miiss the stick and it bounces off the floor to wrap the diab and let you swing it back into your hand  :)

Or even better, intead of catching it, do a mini genocide, which I managed to do once!

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »
Thanx fireblade
didnt know Matthall does bounce genocide, video please

Pete
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 03:07:47 PM »
They are pretty standard, i do them all the time aswell

Chiok

• Donator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 10:53:57 PM »
Ah yes, my bad.  Others do do it, Norbi is one of them.  However I unfortunately could not find a video of anyone else doing it other than Matt Hall.  It is in his WJF Entry Promo Video (which is quite good).  As for online;
http://gibee1.free.fr/Trash_vids/vegas1.wmv
Seems to be the only other place I can think of.  At 2:45 I think is Matt Hall in his 1D routine with a brief glimpse of the bouce genocide.  I personally have no idea how you get it to bounce and not wrap up like the genocide.

Chiok

Sean

• Administrator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »
Thanks for the 'big up', Pete. ;)

OK, are we talking about Matt's stick grind into a genocide or the traditional bounce off the floor catch it in a genocide move?

I've had a wicked fluke after an excalibur genocide where the diabolo was flying around on the end of the string by one stick and spinning in all directions followed by a desperate grab for the stick, one tug, and getting back into excalibur.

Biggest fluke of all was getting a nice 3 diabolo shuffle accidentally a full year before I ever got it again.

Chiok

• Donator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 11:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Sean
OK, are we talking about Matt's stick grind into a genocide or the traditional bounce off the floor catch it in a genocide move?
Ok, it's not the bounce off the floor genocide, but it's like going for a genocide, swinging the stick round, but instead of capturing the diabolo, you make it hop up again, you swing the handsticks again and then recapture.  If it's a short stick grind to genocide, then I guess that's it.  Thought it bounced off the string.  My mistake.

As for the excalibur fluke, sounds kinda like Priam's trick with the diabolo in a right bw swung around by the left handstick and then caught into an infinite suicide.  That would look swifty in excalibur, need lots of room, mighty dangerous.

Chiok

Marc

• VotW Contributor
Coolest flukes
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 12:29:05 AM »
i once did a genocide and i came aroud late an cought the diabolo on my stick just before it hit the floor so it went into a grind.
Biggest mastake/fluke i have ever done!
I have also done a double sprinkler suicide realese piroet  (think that how it's spelt :D')

Dax

Coolest flukes
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 05:37:07 AM »
im not on about a bounce genocide even though that has happened before.

What happens is that just as the stick hits the floor the diabolo stops it from bouncing up and then grinds on the stick while it is on the floor. From there you can then put your foot under it and spin it back round and possibly do another slowcide. I hope this is clear to you guys. If not then please say and i'll try to explain it some more.

Zharastrian

Coolest flukes
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 08:10:42 AM »
when I was quite young on the diabolo (well actually three or four months ago) and still whipped to get spin (without a wrap or such experiments) I occasionally got my fingers trapped in the string and messed it all up...
one day I decided to turn the annoyance into something useful and invented a trick I haven't seen from anybody else yet...I haven't seen that much tricks though...well I have seen DIABOLOGY...but the trick:

start a trapeze to the right - grab the right string with a finger or two (actually you end up with "both strings" caught) - let the diab swing around the stick - let go of the right stick - now you got the diab in a sling on the string and the right stick loose - *pause* - swing the diab same way back - it should hit the stick - stick follows the diabs path - catch the stick with your right - do a clockwise sun in front of the sticks

Is there anything better than a pause?!

Chiok

• Donator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 11:01:03 AM »
You know what, after rereading the whole topic, I think I may have just imagined someone asking about the bouncy genocide.  I'm really not with it lately...  And that trick you described Zharastrian, sounds cool.  Nothing is better than a well timed pause in something.  Songs with a good pause and a good break are my favourites.

Chiok

GbH

Coolest flukes
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 11:19:39 PM »
Last night I somehow managed to do a 3d stick-switch sun straight into an orbitor, which was somewhat unexpected.  In fact, it was so surprising, that I froze pretty much straight away, having realised what was going on.  I reckon it must be well over ten years since I last got an orbitor!

I've yet to figure out whether this was just an impossible-to-duplicate fluke, or whether it might be possible to force an orbitor by doing a sun first.  I've always suspected that, for an orbitor to start, you need all three diabolos to be on the string at the same time.  I suppose, with a sun, this is what happens naturally.

Guy

barnesy

• Administrator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »
I had a nice 3d fluke a couple of times (I'm still calling it a fluke though!) yesterday.  I was trying to get a backwrap but I think I was getting the timing wrong, so was missing the diabolo but tightening the string and getting two bounces of mini columns instead.  The shuffle seemed to survive it OK for a short while.   I imagine I won't get the trick to work on demand for a long while yet though!

nezzybaby

Coolest flukes
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 11:26:34 AM »
My biggest fluke was trying to whip one diabolo out of my friends two diabolo pattern, and accidently coming away with both of them in a nice sun. Had i been paying more attention i could have kept it going, but was too slow to get an exra sun in to sort it out. wouldve been cool though, every other time ive tried ive only left with one diabolo, would love to be able to take both every time, would be a fun trick to piss people off at festivals, whip both diabolos and run away with them.

barnesy

• Administrator
Coolest flukes
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 11:37:37 AM »
That sounds very cool.  Oooh, and there's a convention tomorrow... *hatches plans*

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal