Author Topic: Finus  (Read 4151 times)

ming

Finus
« on: June 17, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »
Has anyone tried to hybrid circus cups with finesse axles?

vinß

Finus
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:17:56 PM »
:?:
What 4 ?

ming

Finus
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 12:22:49 PM »
Sorry should of said finesse long axles

MattF

Finus
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:27:19 PM »
You'd have to modify the circus cups to accept the axles. Its not really worth it in my opinion. If you want heavier finesses you could always buy weight kits.

The only advantage circus cups have over finesse cups is the fact that circus cups bounce off the floor better.

JiBe

Finus
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 02:09:16 PM »
Quote from: MattF
The only advantage circus cups have over finesse cups is the fact that circus cups bounce off the floor better.

That's not quite true, but only because you put a "only" in there :-)
I can see 2 other advantages:
1) the surface is more slipery on the Circus. Meaning that when 2 diabolos get in contact with each other by accident, they are less likely to crash immediately.
2) The Circus are easier to correct when doing high patterns. You need a lot more accuracy to correct Finesse diabolo properly (can be done though).

This does not mean Circus are better that Finesse. The Finesse have other advantages.

JiBe (thought I was done with the Circus vs Finesse stuff, but work's even more boring).

Arjan

Finus
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 04:26:42 PM »
LOL,

But it is true, finesses are very much harder to control in the air.
I find the circus a better over-all diabolo... only with the teflon hubs offcourse ;)

MattF

Finus
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 05:28:47 PM »
Quote from: JiBe

That's not quite true, but only because you put a "only" in there :-)
I can see 2 other advantages:
1) the surface is more slipery on the Circus. Meaning that when 2 diabolos get in contact with each other by accident, they are less likely to crash immediately.
2) The Circus are easier to correct when doing high patterns. You need a lot more accuracy to correct Finesse diabolo properly (can be done though).

This does not mean Circus are better that Finesse. The Finesse have other advantages.

Well that told me then.... :oops:

ming

Finus
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 06:03:39 PM »
going slightly off topic does any one know hat it is about finesse that makes them harder to control in the air?

Arjan

Finus
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »
Because their weight and lower height possibly... and the material is a bit more sticky, so taps with the sticks are harder to do. Also the normal standard hubs are more thight together, so if things go wrong, there isn`t much space to control it again.

But JiBe or Priam can tell much more about this probably.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal