Author Topic: 2 diabolo tricks and myself  (Read 2286 times)

flyboy25114

2 diabolo tricks and myself
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Halo everyone,the first post for me.

I'm chinese in hong kong .

I have learnt 2 diabolo tricks on youtube , but i cant learn them especially sprinkler and fan .

Does anybody help me ? please .

I want to learn more tricks , but I'm just not getting anywhere with them, any tips?

Also ,  any other tricks can reccomend for me?

thanks

Cheuk

bourgeois.jason

Re: 2 diabolo tricks and myself
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:27:47 PM »
Flyboy,

I'm sure there are a bunch of tutorials out there.  Living in China, you may know someone who plays with Chinese Yo-yos, who could teach you some pretty cool tricks.

Here's my explanation of the sprinkler.

1) Get a lot of spin on both diabolos.  This is much easier and faster if you know how to do Chinese whip accelerations with 2D, but if you don't, you can just shuffle really fast for a while (that's how I learned).
2) Swing both diabolos towards your weak hand as if you are going to do a sun.
3) Let the diabolos swing around your weak hand, and don't move your strong hand around like you would to complete a sun.
4) Now there should be a wrap around both diabolos.  This is what keeps them close to each other in the sprinkler, but if you don't have enough speed, the wrap will force them to hit each other, which will ruin your trick.
5) Unwrap the diabolos by passing your strong hand around them from the bottom and on the outside.  If you do it from the top, it would just add another wrap.  If you did it on the inside, it would put a twist in the string.

There are many different ways to start and exit a sprinkler (a suicide exit is a great crowd pleaser).  There are also many different variations once you are in the sprinkler.  You can learn any way you wish, but this is the way that was easiest for me.

Remember, the faster the diabolos are spinning, the longer you will be able to hold the sprinkler.

I would recommend learning 2D high and stalls, as well.

-Jason

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal