Author Topic: Epic starts here - only the beginning..?  (Read 11695 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Epic starts here - only the beginning..?
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
I was just having a chat with crackers on MSN and saying about how epic starts here is like the new diabology, then it got me thinking maybe it COULD be the new diabology? But put it on a bigger basis!

Just imagine if we got some top diaboloists from the different parts of the world and essentially got them to make their own high quality, high definition ~10minute video. If it went well enough somebody could even turn them all into a DVD to be sold with some (or all) profits going diabolo.ca's way to help the forum costs.
I was thinking we could go with some of the places diabolo is hitting it off. The places that came to mind were:
England - There is a huge amount of you, theres no reason your couldn't.
Finland - Exactly the same as england with more emphasis though
America maybe, sharpes already did their latest masterpiece which is exactly the kind of video I'm talking about
Australia - I could get to Melbourne I could organise something decent with Ben and the guys up there and film it in HD
Malaysia/Asia area? I don't really know any of them by name but they've got some insane skills.

Others places? Tell me what you think, I know its a huge task.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Toddyupa

Re: Epic starts here - only the beginning..?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
Will's a genius.
This could work out really well, but i think there has to be some sort of guideline, like maybe at least 3 people (if possible) in the video to minimize tons of videos. of course that wouldn't work if there was only you in the area, but there has to be a rule of some sort in my view.

Maybe the thread needs another name? I had no idea this was going be about a new diabology. Maybe it should be called, 'Worldwide diabology' or 'diabology 2'
pretentious 12 year old

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:11 PM »
that would be amazing!

you might just be on to a winner here.
Sideways is rubbish

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:55:47 AM »
I was just having a chat with crackers on MSN and saying about how epic starts here is like the new diabology, then it got me thinking maybe it COULD be the new diabology? But put it on a bigger basis!
Just to be clear because this sentence could be interpreted in different ways. You said that, I would never be that pretencious  :P
Thanks again for the amazing comment btw  :)

Sounds like a huge project, especially considering the amount of work something like the collaboration video is already taking.
If some people are motivated enough to lead the project, I'll happily do my best to contribute though.

Clément

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »
Others places? .... French? ^^ 
Clemodiab

NiekG

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »
Maybe the thread needs another name? I had no idea this was going be about a new diabology. Maybe it should be called, 'Worldwide diabology' or 'diabology 2'
I think that would be considered violation of copyright?
Meh,

martijn

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 09:21:25 PM »
Nah, I think we can pull that off without any further consequences ;)

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »
Oh yeah cool idea, a worldwide High Quality Collab, that would be cool.
I thin it is possible, because everbody is editing is own video, so there is not so much work for the person you put it on the DVD.

P.S. Don't forget Germany, here are some very good players  :-D

Toddyupa

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 04:36:08 AM »
I think that would be considered violation of copyright?

yeah, we need something fresh! Any ideas for names anyone?

If you and I am on the same track, then we could and should have some short tutorials to, no?
pretentious 12 year old

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:06:57 PM »
I think the time has come for a newer version of diabology  :)

And this time in a diffrent set up!

- A freestyle section where everyone just made a video in hd and send that to the editor. Who just puts it all together. ( Just like a colloboration )
- A tutorial section but then tutorials on a whole new level!

I mean tutorials about the hard tricks! Their are not many tutorials about the hard extreme tricks. Like integrals and all the variations, hard 3d tricks, creative 2d tricks. A part for passing tips and tutorials about tricks to do with a partner like the sharpe brothers do.

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
I think the time has come for a newer version of diabology  :)

And this time in a diffrent set up!

- A freestyle section where everyone just made a video in hd and send that to the editor. Who just puts it all together. ( Just like a colloboration )
- A tutorial section but then tutorials on a whole new level!

I mean tutorials about the hard tricks! Their are not many tutorials about the hard extreme tricks. Like integrals and all the variations, hard 3d tricks, creative 2d tricks. A part for passing tips and tutorials about tricks to do with a partner like the sharpe brothers do.

i like this idea. the tutorials on diabology arent really that great
Sideways is rubbish

RandomSeaBadger

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »
i like this idea. the tutorials on diabology arent really that great

I second that motion, i'm kinda at this stage just now, i've got a handle of most of the stuff on diabology but i'm integral daft just now and slowly getting into the more advanced 2d stuff!

Also for the name suggestion... String Physics???
To save everyone hassle, my real name's Euan! :D

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 02:49:12 AM »
Why would you film it in HD and sell as DVDs?  ::)

Mark

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »
Id buy it sounds awesome but what kind of diaboloists will be in it?
Ryo yabe?
Wei Lin?
Tony freebourg?
dekel?
ofek
Crackers?
arjan?

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
Id buy it sounds awesome but what kind of diaboloists will be in it?
Ryo yabe?
Wei Lin?
Tony freebourg?
dekel?
ofek
Crackers?
arjan?

I´d say everybody can contribute in it. Just like we have the collab now. People edit their own video clip send it in and someone edits it all to one piece. But the collab is only like 10 minutes  ;)

And the dvd should be like a collab version but now its like 60 minutes long! And then a tutorial part of like 30 minutes with 'advanced tricks'.

People could create their own tutorial about an hard advanced trick. Example: Bloody clowns integral.

And perhaps.. If we would like to do it bigger.. We could always ask something like Mr.Babache if they would help us to produce if we want it to be really proffesional =)

But I think we could pull of a 90 minutes dvd containing a 60 minute freestyle part and 30 minutes tutorial?

Ofcourse this would be alot of work for the editor but it doesn't needs a rush does it?

Would Martijn consider taking a job like this?

It would be awesome if we pulled it of!!!

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 11:08:45 AM »
I think with a project this big you would have to share the load between several editors.
Id happily film a tutorial section on all the standard 3 diabolo moves.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »
I don't think it should be one big collab, if it ever did happen it should be a collection of different videos. This would allow different editors to produce different styles, and you would end up with a really interesting amalgamation of ideas.

I think its a fantastic idea, and trying to get it endorsed by a bigger company is definatley a good idea in my opinion. I just can't see it happening if we leave it up to people to do in there free time. Of course I could be completley wrong. However babache is a terrible idea, everyone knows henrys make the best diabolo... :)

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »
I don't think it should be one big collab, if it ever did happen it should be a collection of different videos. This would allow different editors to produce different styles, and you would end up with a really interesting amalgamation of ideas.
^that

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
and I'd love to join that as an editor of course  :)
Rooted diabolist.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 04:25:24 PM »
WOOOOOOW GUYS THIS IS HUGE !!!
I just read all this thread several times and I felt so excited so I just thought  to a few things that I would have like to share. This project is what all the potential and love for diabolo in this forum should become. I mean a collective collaboration which will go on what Diabology did a few years ago: TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND INSPIRE NEW GENERATIONS OF DIABOLISTS!!!

I always considered diabolo as a trip.  First by the only fact that when I go somewhere on a vacation, I always tried to make a video in front of crazy places (even with classic –****ty- tricks) of the country visited (Just shot some in the Philipines last week yeeaaaah ☺)
But more than that, diabolo is a trip coz:
It’s a way to explore the feelings you can have playing with this little toy.
It’s a way to travel from somebody’s style to somebody else’s style.
It’s a way to touch an audience by so many different ways.
It’s a way to share with people from all around the world like right now on this forum!

Maybe this idea of trip could be a red line for such a project with people from so many places. What do you think?

Even though those two parts definitely need to be there, I also think that this project should be more than just a freestyle part on one side and a tutorial part on the other side: IT SHOULD BE A COMPLETE PIECE OF ART ABOUT DIABOLO ☺ . 

Could include:
-   Performances: Some of the very best and creative performances from all around the world (Trespace, Filophile, Ofek, Sharpes, Tony Frebourg and others I don t have in mind right now)
-   Freestyle part: Travel all around the world with several diabolo clips from different countries shot in crazy locations
-   Fun part: a diabolo clip full of diabolo crazyness in crazy situations like I don t know, jumping from a plane with diabolos, realize the greatest elevator ever with a string attached on the first floor of the Eiffel tower, eat some rice with your henrys carbon sticks in your diabolo in front of the great wall in china who cares ??! I think William Arjan and Martijn showed us the way ☺
-   Tutorials for advanced tricks  as you  guys mentioned
-   More? : pictures gallery ? Diabolo mixed with other disciplines as dance/acrobatics/theater/whatever?

Considering the rational ways to lead such a project, I think this would require
-   an official juridical structure which will allows you to approach professional sponsoring  (diabolo retailers as you guys mentioned already, but maybe more than this, I don t know, juggling stores, fair trade companies, traveling companies,…), to be able to get some copyright rights on soundtracks, to be in touch with professional DVD editors… But maybe the forum already has such a status?
-   Professional communication supports to approach those professional potential sponsors and editors (special website, commercial brochure,…)
-   Distinctive repartition of tasks between people directly involved on the project (financial, communication, filming guidelines, editing guidelines, creation of the supports, webmastering…) I could personnaly be interested in graphic creation of the communication supports.

All right that s all I have for now!
Keep it up everybody !!! This is a great idea!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal