Author Topic: Suicide Help  (Read 4430 times)

iHelix

Suicide Help
« on: June 21, 2005, 01:21:50 AM »
Finally can do a suicide, but the string always comes out 360 degrees twisted.....its cause its popping out on the opposite side it wraps on.

How do i fix this?

Thanks guys

Llama_Bill

Suicide Help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:56:31 AM »
For a normal suicide there is no wraps.  Do you mean a slowicide where you wrap the diabolo then let go of one of the sticks?
Bill.

Katari

Suicide Help
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:58:58 AM »
if you do a slowicide, backwrap the string with your dominant hand and then dont just let go of the stick, but let go of it a few cm in front of the diabolo, so the stick doesnt swing straight but a little twisted towards the axle. by that, you wont have that problem any longer
lalalalalalalalala *smile*

Llama_Bill

Suicide Help
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 09:17:23 AM »
With wraps if you back wrap with a stick you either have to catch that stick behind the string or the other one in front of the string.  With a front wrap it is the other way around you either catch the same stick in front of the string or the other one behind the string.  Does that make any sense at all to anyone but me?
Bill.

Diab_olik

Suicide Help
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
Hello,
to do a suicide you don't need to have a wrap. You just have to do a sun, when the diabolo is on your left (for a clockwise sun), just over your head you release the right stick and wait to catch the stick. If you wait more before releasing th e stick, the suicide will be shorter, and the stick move just a little bit. If you release the stick earlier, the stick will move much and faster. But you will not have a 360 twist on the string.

Pierre

PS: I hope my english isn't too bad.
Pierre

iHelix

Suicide Help
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:41:12 PM »
thanks guys, i did get the tricks mixed up......if that is what a suicide is, then im doing just fine.....also, Pierre, you english is fine, no worries

natalie

Suicide Help
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:08:40 PM »
I've had the same problem sometimes doing chinese suicides (I think that's what they are, from diabolotricks.com , suicide out of a trapeze) but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.. my biggest problem is catching the stick ^^;  it usually just hits my thumb or starts wobbling out of control.  When I do catch it my hand ends up in the wrong position to continue and I have to kind of re-adjust.. I haven't tried the regular sun suicide yet though, I think I will :)

Will^

Suicide Help
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 10:43:16 PM »
Heh, catching the stick on suicides take a bit of practise to get right, but it comes after a while. Stick at it (excuse the ban pun)!

diabololi

Suicide Help
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 10:12:38 AM »
Just a tip about chinese suicides- I find the stick much easier to catch if I just let go of the left stick and keep my right hand still. If you do it right you can even catch both sticks in one hand!

Oli

P.S. when doing double or more chinese suicides, you have to help the suiciding stick round with your left stick (well, I do!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal