Author Topic: The new carbon sticks from Mister Babache - Hands On by Ofek Shilton  (Read 9779 times)

Niels.k

Re: The new carbon sticks from Mister Babache - Hands On by Ofek Shilton
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
i looked at your pictures with the new sticks and the hubs on your finesses are white. is that a new evo kit? can you post a review of that if it is?
Hi guys,

The white cones are a new evolution kit, Freestyle evo kit 7
Mr Babache is introducing lots of new articles.
Most remarcable products are the new alu sticks, they are just a copy from the henry's alu sticks.
They also made a very strong model in Titanium.
There will also be a purple finesse and a black one with white hubs and white cones.

Check the website for all the details.
http://www.jonglerie.com/en/news/
There are other new things.

PS:
I've been reading and watching video's here on diabolo.ca for a time,
but this is my very first post on the website!

seán_

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
way to ruin my hoped for surprised Launch article Niels :P

I'm hoping to get a sneak peak at some of these things soon. I've no launch dates but hopefully it shouldn't be 'too' long until some of these start making their way to the distributors and then all good local juggling shops.

Paino

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:35 AM »
to be honost that review was useless it told me very little about the sticks
and the pictures were of you just showing off and told me nothing about the sticks either :(

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »
I'm glad that this has happened, as it shows Babache actually listen to its consumers. Ater that epic struggle to convey what the word 'purple' meant at the EJC, it shows it was well worth it.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

seán_

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
I'm claiming black then :)

finesse

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
A little bit off topic, but when did the ball bearing evelution came out from mr. Babache?
This was pretty new to me.
And if someone got a vid of it, i would very much like to see it.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »
The "freestyle" kits are awesome.
They're moreorless like circus's all round kits

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »

Can anybody in the loop convay my desire for titanium extreme's, it would be so sweet to have a set that i didnt banan after a few months. I rekon they would sell really well.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 06:13:31 PM »
Can anybody in the loop convay my desire for titanium extreme's, it would be so sweet to have a set
I'd be all for that if they could solve the other problems: (1) big ends that catch the string, (2) ends that keep coming undone and need constant fiddling with thread tape to be just right, and (3) silicone handles that fall off and get destroyed. And no, putting an extra rubber ring that moves around underneath doesn't solve that problem.

I don't understand the need to fix every problem by engineering something else to make the whole thing more complicated.

Go back to a narrow end. Switch the plastic threaded piece for a metal one. Maybe coat the threads in a plastic so they don't slip. Glue the handle on or add a stopper at the bottom to keep the handle from falling off.

My modified G1s with metal threaded end, narrow tip, and devil stick grips that are glued on are not bad but they're pretty beat up.

Titanium for sticks though? I'm excited about that. Slightly heavier than aluminum so they can be thinner but a good weight and less bendable.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
Spot on Sean! I'm sure that they could do this pretty easily, however its probably not that high on their list of priorities? Its a good source of income for them I would have thought! Especially as we show time and time again that we will continue to buy these sticks even though we know all of these flaws, why fix it? Admitadley they do seem to be a company that listens and produces what jugglers want, but I can't seem them getting around to fixing this anytime soon. I personally will go through 3-4 sets a year, sometimes more if its a good summer, so whilst its not massive amounts of money its more than it would be if I bought one set that didn't need replacing for ages. Of course when you then add up all the others who do the same as me, some buying more some buying less, it probably does them/the companys who sell the equipment pretty well.

If that makes any sense? Or maybe I'm just really rubbish and damage/get dust inside the grips more then I should?

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:43 PM »
quick tip-

I have wrapped a band of electrical tape [enough for a small ridge] around the metal at the end of the stick and stretched the grip back over the band of tape and that seems to be getting rid of the worst of the slip.

Even though I use them i never recomend them to the kids who constantly quiz me about my gear at shows i always reccomend a set of ali's.

MR B are you listening? your stick is lovley to play with  ::) Surly it can be made in a cost effective way and be made generally more durable? If not make a deluxe stick that costs more! [titanium, glued grips, metal thread that only unscrews when you want it to]! We would all buy it and then all the kids would to!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal