Author Topic: I just learnt to... (2006)  (Read 141051 times)

frank0072

Re: I just learnt to... (2006)
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2006, 08:44:11 PM »
Quote from: Loriot
I'm just learning the two diabolo start, where you whip one diabolo, throw the second with your hand, catch the sticks at first than the handthrown diabolo and than you have to play with two diabolo. (hope you understand what I mean  :? )I'm now learning to get my 3 low synch. shuffle more solid and learning to play two high behind the back is my next aim.

you mean the duicide start like tony does?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »
Sounds like the one.  Though Yabe does it with the duicide caught behind the back  :wink:

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »
I thought he did a double behind his back :wink:  :wink:

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

martijn

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
I thought he did a double duicide caught behind the back with a pirouette :wink: :wink: :wink:

...wait, he didn't :lol: Would love to see that though (Tr'espace's 2d start combined with Ryo's!)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2006, 03:37:26 PM »
Wow that would be crazy. Ryo if your reading this. Do it!
Behind your back is your front.

Loriot

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2006, 05:30:28 PM »
Yes I mean the duicide with one turn. I didn't know the word at the time of writing that.

_Rezi

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2006, 07:53:59 PM »
Ive just invented:
minigenocide around leg
s-fan rocket start
and much more :lol:

fredo

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »
He does a 3d high start like that, does a whip double duicide, throws 2d both at the same time and catches the sticks

Or 2d with behind the back catch (double duicide as well) Crazy stuff, though..

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2006, 02:26:19 AM »
I actually already pulled off sfan rocket start... but props for the creativity.

ANyways, 3 high is getting better, as well as 3 low. AND I WENT FROM 3 LOW TO 3 HIGH TODAY!
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2006, 11:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
I actually already pulled off sfan rocket start... but props for the creativity.
How actually came up with this first?  I learnt it from JGherkin last year, and always like how it works.  Of course you need the control of an s-fan first to stop the first one flying off infront of you.  But it does remove all that hardy getting into the s-fan position.

I have learnt, nothing really unfortunately.  BW every pass is coming along, but there's some moves I'd like to try out when I have more room.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »
seán_ told me about the s-fan rocket start a few weeks before bristol last year, I think he told me rather than wait to show me as he said it also required being able to do an s-fan, but in theory works.  Very nice and easy method of entering the s-fan.

O and something I've learnt, from a recfent trick of the week s-fan exit, add in an extra magic knot to turn it into a stall - double release  :wink:

_Rezi

« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
But this sfan rocketstart is bit different because the diabolos doesnt leave string from start to end

nev

• Donator
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
Quote from: _Rezi
But this sfan rocketstart is bit different because the diabolos doesnt leave string from start to end

I may be missing something but the normal sfan rocket start is done without the diabolos leaving the string.  Or at least it is the way I do it, and have seen it done by others.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »
infinite suicide to genocide
got excalibur genocide one time
not being able to go to ieper frustration helps learning tricks  :roll:

seán_

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2006, 03:21:28 AM »
Quote from: mynci
Quote from: _Rezi

I may be missing something but the normal sfan rocket start is done without the diabolos leaving the string.  Or at least it is the way I do it, and have seen it done by others.

Mine (though it has since turned up as a trick of the week on jongle) doesn't leave the string, Dave P's 'Rocket Wrap' does leave the string this might be where the confusion lies.

I first tried it ages ago, but got my first decent run at last years BJC, I passed it onto John as his S fan abilities (especially with slow diabolos) is just what this trick needs.
I have found that I can set this start up for people who are good at sock poi and they can tend to get an sfan from it even if they cant do 1d, I just tell them it feels like a buzzsaw

Theres a video of Jgherkin doing it somewhere but due to the slackness of the person doing the trick sticky I cant find it at the moment.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »
working pretty much all the aspects of the 3D shuffle (like only left hand controls the diabolos and right is just there holding the stick, same but with right hand, walking and turning with 3d, widening and shrinking the shuffle) this stuff gets your arms pretty tired :X. Have yet to pull any 3d tricks though  :cry:, but I got corrections pretty good.

Also got some pretty cool 1 diabolo routines now that I made up. :D
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »
I was just practicing some 3 low siteswaps outside and was trying 4512, and i thought i was gonna miss the last catch so i swung for it with both diabolos and caught it and pulled it into a 2-3 feed the sun.  Which is amazing since i can't do feed the sun normally let alone in the middle of a 4512. Shame there was no-one there to see it.

Also my comboing has come along alot since the workshop on saturday.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2006, 08:20:52 PM »
I just pulled a FAN 360 WOOT!  Hey mithew i'll show you on wednesday.   :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »
Quote from: Pete
I was just practicing some 3 low siteswaps outside and was trying 4512, and i thought i was gonna miss the last catch so i swung for it with both diabolos and caught it and pulled it into a 2-3 feed the sun.  Which is amazing since i can't do feed the sun normally let alone in the middle of a 4512. Shame there was no-one there to see it.

Also my comboing has come along alot since the workshop on saturday.

I don't get it. You can sun fine.

busk

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »
i did a fan 1800 a ypres!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal