Author Topic: I just learnt to... (2006)  (Read 141381 times)

Martin_

Re: I just learnt to... (2006)
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2006, 02:12:09 AM »
Nice one. My recent attemps at a genocide haven't been that bad caught it on the string once or twice just not caught the high speed spinning stick.

But I have (kinda) learnt a 2d shuffle a goal of mine of the past 4 months. I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend 2 weeks working on it solidly. Now if only i could get corrections and accelorations working..

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2006, 09:52:48 PM »
cool tip Barnesy

Had an unbeleivable day with three high:
5 pirouettes in a row (44404440444044404440)but a stupid drop at the end (its hard to keep going after chain pirouettes, you get real dizzy)
Got the following twice:
(3)42441531444045141(3)
And most of all, I got a three stage 1080:
(3)45605040(3). Took a long time; the throws have to be basically perfect, cause you have no time to compensate.
WOOT!
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Arjan

« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »
Quote from: Sharpes

And most of all, I got a three stage 1080:
(3)45605040(3). Took a long time; the throws have to be basically perfect, cause you have no time to compensate.
WOOT!

Nice, I was thinking about this one recently. Very nice, very hard trick!
Congratz on that one! Still using finesses?

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2006, 02:12:10 AM »
hells yes finesses!
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Arjan

« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2006, 08:11:49 AM »
Can`t believe you make such numbers with those light diabolo`s outside. Does the wind never blows at your place?

do_i_abolo

« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
finally ive learned to do 3d wrap starts , but my hand motion needs working on, cause i drop them after about 6ott .any suggestion on what movement i need .or as said many times before is it just practise practise practise?  
also got my c and s-fans smooth, but after a 180 i just cant get it to 360 i  need to learn them lying down and how to do that fan from left side to right side. is it easier to do it in s-fans or c-fans?

my 2d high is getting quite consistant as well.
  :D
i want some circuses aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »
Quote from: do_i_abolo
my 2d high is getting quite consistant as well.
  :D

Why do so many people struggle with 2 high? I didn't have any struggle with it..
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2006, 02:40:26 AM »
I dunno Arjan, the wind picks up every now and then, but even then, my high throws are much more affected by how well I throw them than the wind. Unless its a really windy day, its never a problem. Like, with one, I can consistently do good sixes or so, even with some wind. well, I guess maybe we don't get much wind, cus its rarely a problem. more of a problem in fall than spring though.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2006, 03:11:52 AM »
My gosh, it's almost a freakin' huricane most of the time in Halifax. Even next to buildings I often can barely keep 2d (or even 1!) high going. Guess that's what you get for living about a 10 minute walk from the ocean. What was I thinking! :roll:

<jealous>

back on topic: I'm still learning to run 3d high throwing at a 30 degree angle into the wind! :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2006, 10:16:59 AM »
Quad sprinkler suicide.

Some hardcore practice today may yeild some more tricks in the park in Chester-If anyone fancies coming down me and whoever else will be some where near the ampitheatre.
Behind your back is your front.

Rîkû

« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »
Vertax genocide and fan 720!

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
It's been a splendid sunny (edit - Hah!  Sunny!) day here.  A little too windy, but that's not been too much of a problem.  I've been outside for the last few hours and have managed to do my first few 3 low (left side) suns.  I've not quite rescued the shuffle yet, but have had 4 or 5 catches after the sun.  For those that are interested, I've been using the push push sun method from a very right handed shuffle.  It feels like it can be solid soon.

martijn

« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »
That sounds great Barnesy! Is your righthand working again?

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »
Yes, it seems to finally be getting there and staying there!  I think I've started to improve more quickly now that I've got my right hand to start driving the diabolos properly.  

Seeing the difference has been enough to make me decide to stay with a combination of both handed synch and right hand biased synch.  I prefer the both handed version, and that seems better for pops, whips, changing the size of the pattern, etc, but the right hand bias is definitely the way to go for suns and suicides.

I'm still not convinced that I've stopped asynch altogether, but then I think that classing people as synch or asynch is an unhelpful oversimplification.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »
Fan1800....Now that my 360's are fairly solid in s-fan I'm beginning to think all these high numbers should no longer be counted unless they're proper continous turns.

By "proper" I mean that there should only be 1 rotation of the fan inbetween turns, this is how I do my 360's but as of yet I can't manage anymore than a 360 keeping to this rule.  But at any rate, without this kind of thing in place as my s-fan 360's become more solid I could theoretically do FanX where X is any number you care to think of thats a multiple of 180.

Of course if this was already the case and my fan1800 doesn't count anyway then feel free to ignore this post  :wink:

nev

• Donator
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »
I always thought the FanX refered to a regular fan where one is slowing down (i.e. the smoother the action the less the slowdown & hence the bigger the number is more of an acheivement).  S-Fan 360's could go on forever as you can keep on speeding them up.  I like the 'proper' theory though - I struggle to turn wihin 3 rotations usually.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Mattias

« Reply #396 on: April 30, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
First outside session with my finesses today. I did my first infinite -> genocide -> mini genocide. And also I did one where the diabolo was caught behind my back, with the genocide that is. The two tries on that trick after that though, my foot got hit with the stick so that I couldn't stand for 5 minutes and I also got hit by the stick in the face, so after that I gave up my attempts, but it is a nice trick, anyone got it solid?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

fredo

« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2006, 09:20:55 PM »
Quote from: Mattias
And also I did one where the diabolo was caught behind my back, with the genocide that is. [...], but it is a nice trick, anyone got it solid?
A bit more precise please :P ...With what hand do you do the geno? Is it out of an infinite suicide?

Just got my first real 2high practise session this evening outside. Got it pretty consistent and managed to do infinite 31 and a few 420's as well as a few flashs(330)

Mattias

« Reply #398 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:07 AM »
Quote from: fredo
Quote from: Mattias
And also I did one where the diabolo was caught behind my back, with the genocide that is. [...], but it is a nice trick, anyone got it solid?
A bit more precise please :P ...With what hand do you do the geno? Is it out of an infinite suicide?

From an infinite, but when i released the diabolo I pulled my right stick(the one I had in my hand) maybe 45 degrees up and back. The Diabolo flew a bit over my head and some to the left, I spun the stick around in a genocide motion and caught the diabolo blind behind the back, and it came back from the back on my right side, and then I just caught the loose stick.
But as said, seems to be a fairly dangerous trick to attempt, more like a suicide than a genocide if you know what I mean :P...
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

fredo

« Reply #399 on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:58 AM »
NICE MATTIAS!!! >Do you've got a video of it? Would be nice..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal