Author Topic: I just learnt to... (2006)  (Read 141379 times)

stillanoob

Re: I just learnt to... (2006)
« Reply #640 on: August 03, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »
2D SHUFFLE!!! well about 20 or so but when the diabs start to go wonky I correct them by knocking them off  :) can't correct them yet!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #641 on: August 04, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »
Whipping 3 diabolos out of Sean's 3d shuffle all at once, and having them still go for a brief moment in one hand.

granted it was a complete fluke, but it'd be interesting to try again and see if "stealing" in juggling terms is really possible with diabolos (stealing as in taking during regular tricks, rather than one person offering the diabolos or slowing down the pattern).

-Duncan

fredo

« Reply #642 on: August 04, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
10sec. fan and about 5 sec. s-fan - finally learned it completely. The rest is practising  :P

« Reply #643 on: August 05, 2006, 07:05:17 AM »
I FINALY pulled off a tripple sprinkler last night :D .
and just putting together some easy 2d tricks to form my first short combo.
oh and im getting my first two MB finesse G2's on tuesday! i'm very excited!
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #644 on: August 05, 2006, 04:22:12 PM »
loop string diabolo hula  It made me smile.

thats sick! it's so blaightent aswell.

i learnt this kindof strange double green triangle suicide thing in looper. i can quite alot of looper gyro stuff as well now

tolpppa

« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »
2d suicide  :roll:
username # 946
oh yeah

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2006, 12:52:31 PM »
Just scraped out 31313401(2 hands whip)313401(back sun to front)313401(pirouette sun) with 2d. And thats all one siteswap. My high siteswap has been coming on in leaps and bounds with 2 and 3 but still cant do 531 which is really annoying me.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2006, 02:29:29 PM »
Ok - this is a strange one - its not a trick as such I've just learnt (so dont know if this was the right place to post) but I've just stumbled on the correct hand motion to keep a regular fan going indefinatly (thats right - NOT an s-fan but a regular one).  Just done over 5 minutes with wide axle finesse's and well over 3 mins with stock cirus.  I even managed to get the left one (the one that usually stops) to slow right down & then speed up again (with the finesse).

Its all very strange - but somehow it does work  :o
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
Alright Fan Man, now I'm really impressed, congrats!   =D>  I wish it was possible to "show" techniques such as that to others....maybe it is, but I certainly can't do it lol

fredo

« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2006, 08:06:55 PM »
still can't hold it for longer than 10 sec. :P  no success even though i practised it :roll:

frank0072

« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2006, 09:12:01 PM »
Quote from: nev
Ok - this is a strange one - its not a trick as such I've just learnt (so dont know if this was the right place to post) but I've just stumbled on the correct hand motion to keep a regular fan going indefinatly (thats right - NOT an s-fan but a regular one).  Just done over 5 minutes with wide axle finesse's and well over 3 mins with stock cirus.  I even managed to get the left one (the one that usually stops) to slow right down & then speed up again (with the finesse).

Its all very strange - but somehow it does work  :o

Make a video, post it and amaze the world!
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2006, 02:10:43 AM »
Finally catching up to some of you by learning fans today.

-Duncan

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #652 on: August 09, 2006, 09:39:26 AM »
Fans are getting more solid, double release, mini columns and some sprinkler variations.

Jeppe

« Reply #653 on: August 09, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »
yay!i just learned to do mini genocides and genocide!im so happy! :D  now to train excalibur and then to practice 2d correction.
sorry of my crappy english language.  :cry:

nev

• Donator
« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »
Quote from: frank0072
Make a video, post it and amaze the world!

Well I will if you really want it, but who would really want to watch a long fan video? they dont really gain enough speed to add many tricks - just to keep it going - maybe just to prove it is possible?

Quote from: JGherkin
I wish it was possible to "show" techniques such as that to others
 I know exactly what you mean - its such a subtle difference in hand movement but something you cant really pass over in words - you need to "feel" it.  I'm still not sure of the mechanics of it myself yet - let alone being able to explain "how" it works - when first it happened I had I had to double check I wasnt in an s-fan by mistake as I hadnt thought it possible  :lol:
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

fredo

« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
Well I will if you really want it, but who would really want to watch a long fan video?
ME!!!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »
My s-fan is getting better, but I've only exited it succesfully 3 times, I'm using  the triagle method or what ever it's called, maybe I should try other ones?
  I finally got hang of the right side suns and figure eight suns with two diabolos.
  I also did a vortex-suicide once today, but didn't actully learn it, my anti-suicide is ok but not solid yet.
  And 2 high is getting better, 3131.. is going nicely and I've got 330 with a pirouette twice.
  ..Aand what else? feed the sun 1-2, not perfectly solid yet but soon it will be.  :wink:

do_i_abolo

« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2006, 12:20:04 PM »
nothing absolutely nothing in about at least a month :( , this is never a good thing to hear but im running out of juice, i need some hardcore inspiration. there is more than enough on this site to get you into diabolo, but when you start to improve you'l notice your learning curve getts bigger and bigger and when you get to the bottom of this you feel that you need to learn many more impressive tricks, to climb back up the curve. this is the toughest part for diaboloists, hopefully when m 3d cracks into a solid shuffle i will begin to climb back up to the top.

does this make sence or am i just talking on my own experience?

p.s anyone in the gloucestershire area england who would like to organise a meet up just drop me a pm
i want some circuses aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »
Quote from: fredo
Well I will if you really want it, but who would really want to watch a long fan video?
ME!!!

Ok then - its become a little more solid now & I've got enough spin to add one or two simple tricks.  Plus I thought I'd better get someting on tape for prosperity before I loose the ability to do it (which happens a lot to me - learn a trick, get it solid then suddenly find I cant do it anymore).  With that and the added thought of 'cold starting' the fan with very little spin I give you

http://mynci200.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/diabolo/forever_fans.avi HQ

Crap location, no editing and Its only 1min 30 of fan but you get the idea.  I can now hold the regular fan for as long as I can S-fan (well I did over 15mins before my arms ached anyway) but that would make a pretty boring watch!

ps - I put the black tape stripes on the diabolos to try and show the spin rate - it didnt.

edit - youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESJUGwAxos

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
Quote from: do_i_abolo
nothing absolutely nothing in about at least a month :( , this is never a good thing to hear but im running out of juice, i need some hardcore inspiration. there is more than enough on this site to get you into diabolo, but when you start to improve you'l notice your learning curve getts bigger and bigger and when you get to the bottom of this you feel that you need to learn many more impressive tricks, to climb back up the curve. this is the toughest part for diaboloists, hopefully when m 3d cracks into a solid shuffle i will begin to climb back up to the top.

does this make sence or am i just talking on my own experience?

QFT

I've been stuck for the past few days with little progress in anything. I wouldn't say I haven't had any inspiration, but I've hit one of many juggling walls. The closer I get to a 3d low shuffle, the further away it seems to get, and the worse I feel at not getting it.

-Duncan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal