Author Topic: I just learnt to... (2008)  (Read 168304 times)

Beni

Re: I just learnt to... (2008)
« Reply #640 on: April 06, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
I got another thing that is sort of based on trapdoor theory, only it doesn't actually involve the diabolo being re-inserted into the trapdoor, or if it does it all happens in the same motion. It's bizarre since I somehow manage to get a LHBW GT thing from a left hand trapeze motion.
Also, I got sun-minicolumns-sun YES!!  ::) I'm so skilled at diabolo... *sigh*. <-- [that is not a siteswap, but if it was, it would be the best siteswap in the world*.]

Beni

* A throw height with 's' value? :o

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #641 on: April 06, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
When does something become a theory? -it's just a trick right?

BTW: Has this become an astrophysics forum with all these 'theories', 'concepts' and other crap some people bang on about?

-Leo (sick of reading complete piss-wallop)

theories ask questions and seek proofs
Behind your back is your front.

Squiggle

« Reply #642 on: April 06, 2008, 11:38:55 PM »
Vouch leo

I just put bearing on other diabolo, so working on 2 more. 

so i learnt..

Ping pong - String orbiting every diabolo that comes on right side - Nothing crazy, just feels like a weird timing imo

Sprinkler - Explosion - Finger grind - Anti sprinkler - But sketchy =[

And some more poi ofc

yitavd

« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
30 stable 3 diabolo otts.
also learnt integral suicide to mini genocide.
some cool 1D combos and thats it.

« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
Finally got solid mini-columns, mini-columns to sun, mini-columns to vortex, and a shaky mini-columns to fts.

- Also now have -
2D Mini-columns high down(Sometimes i can work in suns under it too), 2 high down, Double sun, and a shaky triple sun and a shaky c-fan.

Beni

« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
Concept/theory means there's a lot more of it then one or two tricks.
For example, integral suicides are a group of tricks. But trapdoor theory, which is like holding a loop which will give the diabolo a certain knot (or take off a knot) or creating a knot by putting the diabolo through a stick loop is a concept because 1) it's not fully explored and defined 2) it's a different way of looking at the construction/deconstruction of knots which has many permutations etc. Sure you can name anything cool you discover which involves a technique not used or not used to full potential a trick and leave it at that, or you can think of it as a concept, explore it and see what else is possible. I just find dismissing really interesting techniques as single tricks is a bit of a narrow way of looking at it.
But hey, everyone has the right to think of tricks and the discovery of new tricks how they want. Donald Grant I believe mostly just makes up singular tricks, and I have a lot of respect for him.
Also, trapdoor naming is langerz's call I guess, although I'll always consider it a concept.

Beni

(Hey check out this trick it's called a 3rd base!)

marcdblo

« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2008, 10:48:44 PM »
2D shuffle  ;D well chuffed, been at it constant for about a week and it clicked today,not much for most of you but am a happy chappy.
Still workin on the corrections though as not perfect.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

fzzyrn

« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »
fake minigen integral to slowicide minigen!

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2008, 11:13:30 PM »
thats a great entrance into info suicides
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

fzzyrn

« Reply #649 on: April 08, 2008, 12:57:55 AM »
true, sad part is, i immediately forgot how to do the integral after i walked away.... i tried to do it again but it has ceased working. i wanna figure out how to do the infinite integral that pranay does in beat of the diabolo. i've worked out that it involves left handed inf suicides but other than that, no dice.

luabduch

« Reply #650 on: April 08, 2008, 01:50:46 AM »
fake minigen integral

how it works??

just learnt a little cradle/web things...
I'm without time.... tests week..

fzzyrn

« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2008, 01:53:35 AM »
the fake modifies the minigen not the integral. You enter it like a minigen, but you throw the diab onto the string in between your finger/hand and the non released stick and use the momentum of the minigen to do an integral in one smooth sexilicious motion

Squiggle

« Reply #652 on: April 09, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Left handed orbits of string around diabolo getting alot better, still can't do right hand/left hand both going together continuesly (Sp)

And Ping pong - String orbiting every diabolo that comes on right side getting alot more solid - about 10 rounds today

aka

Cr H A Hr Cr H A Hr Cr

Poi: Hyperloop 360's or whatever people call them.

James C B

« Reply #653 on: April 09, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »
getting my technique for j-whips, starting to do them more consistantly, then i can start on c whips hehe

Athena

« Reply #654 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »
2 days ago, I learnt Duicide, Genocide and Inifinite Suicide. I can only do Duicide properly, but practise makes perfect. ;D
Guitarist and Diabolo Artist and proud of it :D

traPACK

« Reply #655 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »
 ;D 2d:ping pong and a few turns of antishuffling ;D
For downloading from youtube use programm called jdownloader. It's freeware, just google it up.

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #656 on: April 10, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
i think sprinkler into anti sprinkler. twice out of many times.

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #657 on: April 10, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »
But trapdoor theory, which is like holding a loop which will give the diabolo a certain knot (or take off a knot) or creating a knot by putting the diabolo through a stick loop is a concept
I'm pretty sure that this is inncorrect (langerz will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong) trap door theory is all about opening strings that are close together or otherwise unable to land the diabolo singley opening up new strings and therefore more knots... could be totally wrong tho.
would be good to have a full explanation.

the mofro
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

James C B

« Reply #658 on: April 10, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
about 95% of time can nail J and C whips  ;D and excaliburing is getting alot better! and also thought of (i hope) a rather cool diabolo yoyo start  ;D

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #659 on: April 11, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »
Concept/theory means there's a lot more of it then one or two tricks.
For example, integral suicides are a group of tricks. But trapdoor theory, which is like holding a loop which will give the diabolo a certain knot (or take off a knot) or creating a knot by putting the diabolo through a stick loop is a concept because 1) it's not fully explored and defined 2) it's a different way of looking at the construction/deconstruction of knots which has many permutations etc. Sure you can name anything cool you discover which involves a technique not used or not used to full potential a trick and leave it at that, or you can think of it as a concept, explore it and see what else is possible. I just find dismissing really interesting techniques as single tricks is a bit of a narrow way of looking at it.
But hey, everyone has the right to think of tricks and the discovery of new tricks how they want. Donald Grant I believe mostly just makes up singular tricks, and I have a lot of respect for him.
Also, trapdoor naming is langerz's call I guess, although I'll always consider it a concept.

Beni

(Hey check out this trick it's called a 3rd base!)

right, i hoped i wouldn't have to justify naming a trick ever. however the trick is a variation of the yoyo trick trap door hense trap door (nick help me, edit - much appreiciated, look below). i think thats a fair enough explanation.

@ beni, EVERYONE THINKS YOUR TALKING S**T,

if i was asked nicely about what i thought about my own trick, i would give a decent answer. but jumping to conclusions about theorys and concepts is ridiculous. i am however going to point out that josh (mofro) knows alot about this and is polite enough to stand in my defense,

lz

oh i learnt......... FTET and FTET2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal