Author Topic: Warped Cups and Taibolos.  (Read 2597 times)

maunch

Warped Cups and Taibolos.
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »
Hi all,

After a few high drops, my Sundia Light Suns are no longer perfectly circular.  As of now, the only way I have found to fix this is hoping for another high drop to cancel the warping from the previous drops.  Trying to bend it back with my hands doesn't do anything because it slowly springs back to its warped position.  Any tips on fixing this?

Also, on the topic of the Taibolo, does it scratch/scuff as easily as the Light Suns?  Will the cups warp like those of the Light Suns upon high drops?

Thanks

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Warped Cups and Taibolos.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
I had my suns warped too after shipping. Nev had a great tip for making them round again so just quoting what he wrote here:

its easy to correct - in fact they usually go back round on their own after being unpacked for a week or two.  If you want to speed this up and get them back round right away - first remove the cups and put them in hot water until they go round again.
Or you can put them (cups only - no plastic parts) on a flat non-stick surface and put them in a warm oven for about 10-15 mins at about 100 to 130C - take them out when they get hot enough to still just be able to pick up with bare hands (they should feel soft and squashy) and let them cool on a flat surface.

Mine didn't go back immediately (put them in water) but after repeating the process a few times they got good enough. Guess you could just repeat it even more to get it absolutely perfect.

As for Taiboloscratching opposed to light suns dunno (don't own any light suns) but Taibolos are at least very tough diabolos and they don't seem to warp at all.

Mr.D

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:47 AM »
Taibolos doesn't warp, but they will scratch up on rough surfaces.
:)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

mykill

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »
taibolos have not bent yet (1 year) so it seems good
they will get scratched if u play on gravel or rocky places. i actually had almost no scratches with asphalt and concrete if it was smooth :)
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

bums3n

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
i cant see anything. I hate taibolos!  :-|
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

4leek24

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:41:15 AM »
my mom brought back my light sun in a suitcase. the cups were completely messed up. so i thought they were bad and left them for a month. then i dug it out of my diabolo collection to find it had gone back. but if you dont want to wait, hot water.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal