Author Topic: 101 continuous integral suicides  (Read 9632 times)

Jatz

• VotW Contributor
101 continuous integral suicides
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
Just a stupid and boring attempt to get a new personal record on continuous integral suicides during a practice session last week.

101 continuos integral suicides

I have to say, that I get a lot of more with my Suns, because they are easier to correct. This video should prove, that they can be done infinitely, for those who don't believe it. I also tried with doubles and triples, but it's a lot harder to hold the spin and mine aren't perfect yet.

mathéo

Re: 101 continuous integral suicides
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »
just 101 ??  :-D

Mr.D

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
Wow. I really ought to learn this trick soon...
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Mr.D

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
*Requesting tutorial for this trick*
I just can't make it work. I do it how it appears to be done in your video, but I always end up with 2 wraps on the next mini-genocide...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
*Requesting tutorial for this trick*
I just can't make it work. I do it how it appears to be done in your video, but I always end up with 3 wraps on the next mini-genocide...

it usually ends up in a right darkside. normal mini-gens would be a left darkside, thats the problem :D
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »
101  :o Nice one, i wouldnt be able to do that many, i get bored too fast. You should definitely try continuous doubles, thats something ive been trying aswell, havnt managed more than 10 yet tho.

7-Sins

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »
it usually ends up in a right darkside. normal mini-gens would be a left darkside, thats the problem :D

ive got the same problem so often i dont practise it anymore.
any tips how to get it left???
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
There is no easy way for me to change the wrap (I know some people easily can) but you just have to get used to getting gens to release from the other wrap, e.g stick going on the inside rather than outside.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »
yea just get used to certain tricks being a slightly different mini-gen.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
Dunno if anyone else has found this helpful, but when i learnt to do wrapped mini gens with the stick passing internally, i found it helped to try it with the stick practically on the axles. It got me used to how it works.

mykill

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
I see no point to this video...
EXCEPT GREAT TUTORIAL! :) (i just keep watching the trick and i learnt it :D)
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Mr.D

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:54 PM »
My problem isn't that the wrap is right darkside, I manage both right and left.
If you stop the video in between 0:06 and 0:07 he is about to do another mini-gen. At that point I have two wraps around the diab, not one as him, so the stick has to circle the diab an extra time, which fu*ks it all up.

Jatz, care to help out?

RandomSeaBadger

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »
I've been trying this one for a wee while.

I can get the string over my hand but the stick ends up hitting the diabolo and then tying me in knots! 
To save everyone hassle, my real name's Euan! :D

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 11:08:50 AM »
My problem isn't that the wrap is right darkside, I manage both right and left.
If you stop the video in between 0:06 and 0:07 he is about to do another mini-gen. At that point I have two wraps around the diab, not one as him, so the stick has to circle the diab an extra time, which fu*ks it all up.

Jatz, care to help out?
The only way i can think of that happening is if your doing the integral after the stick has passed around the axle. So like your doing the integral on a left wrap instead of putting your hand there before it wraps. Can you film it so we can see exactly what your problem is?

Dihabohlow

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
Which sticks are those?

GuiZ

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »
i wonder if the string does not cut your hand...
btw..
101? :o
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

Mark

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »
Next Time Try And Get

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :-D :-D

Mr.D

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »
The only way i can think of that happening is if your doing the integral after the stick has passed around the axle. So like your doing the integral on a left wrap instead of putting your hand there before it wraps. Can you film it so we can see exactly what your problem is?
I  think this might be the problem, but I've tried putting my hand in earlier and it always makes the diabolo swing around my hand because of the momentum om the string... Anyways, here's a video of my usual tries. In the slow motion part, you can barely see that the string is wrapped an extra time around the diab so it swings around it trice and I can't get the stringlength I need to continue with another integral...

MiniG integral

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
You clearly haven't watched Jatz' video enough. the string has to hit your hand before it wraps round the diabolo. You can't really do it if you pinch the string, your hand has to be flat and facing down really.
Watch the video again and THINK about where you're going wrong don't just keep practicing the same thing.

Jatz

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50:11 PM »
@Dihabohlow: These are the new Mr. Babache Carbon sticks in green.

@Guiz: Some time ago I got a blister after an attempt, but now I've learned how to avoid it.

@Mr.D: First of all I would suggest you to try it from a normal unwrapped minigenocide. Like Ben and Dodson have said you do first a normal minigenocide and add an Integral. An Integral is basically a wrap around the Diabolo and your hand, so if you add an Integral to a left wrap you have 2 left wraps. Another important point is, that you grab the string from above like you would when doing the standart Integral Suicide, but if you want do it after an Minigenocide you have to hold your hand over the Diabolo and wait until the string wraps around your hand and the Diabolo. You probably realize that the string between your hand and the flying stick is too short to make that wrap and that the stick will hit your hand which hurts a lot. To avoid this learn how to make minigenocides with more string and also to hit the Diabolo as near to the holding hand as possible.

I hope I could help.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal