Author Topic: Diaboloists in Finland  (Read 1856 times)

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Diaboloists in Finland
« on: November 25, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
Hey everybody  :-D

I'm going to Kouvola (i think its named) in Finland for a week in September next year. I was thinking "well theres alot of diaboloists in finland so there míght be some near that place" so yea... anybody living near it who could maybe meet up for a day? For what i heard, Kouvola is around 100 km from the Russian border.

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diaboloists in Finland
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »
Welcome to Finland man. Kouvola has been legendary place for diabolo. So many good diabolo jugglers have come from Kouvola. Jussi and Toni are first to pop in my head but there are many oldschool guys as well. Also many new faces. Too bad most of them have moved elsewhere since that. But yes. There are diabolo jugglers in Kouvola.

I think you should contact the guys from this video:
Ghostwriter
Oh remember to check out the scenery, that's Kouvola.

Of course there is the Finnish Diabolo Convention in Eräjärvi 6.-8.8.2010.  But that's like month before you're coming.

Also if you're coming through or spending a day in Helsinki or Tampere we could try to organize a bigger diabolo meet for you. But for that i would need to know the exact date. The city would almost have to be Helsinki or Tampere to get many people there. There aren't many of us who would be able to travel to Kouvola on command. In Tampere or Helsinki it would be easy to gather like 10 people there. But that's something to think about for you. ;)

I'm sure that we will find more people from Kouvola as well. Probably those two guys from Kouvola know more people from the area.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diaboloists in Finland
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »
Sounds fantastic :D i will try convince my teacher to spend a little time in helsinki after we arrive there. We are taking a plane there and we were talking about spending a day there. could be great to meet some diaboloists from Finland   8) you guys could just meet up and i could join for some hours or something  :P I could possibly learn some finnish language too :D only finnish i know right now is "Ime mun munaa" but aint sure i will need to say anything else xD
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal