Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009  (Read 47113 times)

martijn

Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
Lovely video Jesse, once again thanks for all your work and congratulations with the big accomplishment!

Great to see so many different people and styles. When watching I felt like the community is doing prettay, prettay good! The music contributed to that atmosphere.

On another note, I really like how we add something cool each year. First the name + location. Then the commentary in subtitle form. Now a map of all featured cities :) What's next?

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
Who is this "Suzanne" person?

I was wondering about that.  :( I shall have to watch it again at some point so I can pay attention to more of the tricks rather than obsessing about that little error.

Cool video though, nicely done everyone!

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »
I was wondering about that.  :( I shall have to watch it again at some point so I can pay attention to more of the tricks rather than obsessing about that little error.

Cool video though, nicely done everyone!

I was wondering about that, but I decided to use the names I got when people sent me the clips. I got that clip and in the field where you put your real name, it said Suzanne. Sorry about that!

I would like to thank everyone who sent me clips - even the ones who didn't make it to the final video! Received so many awesome clips! And of course a big thank you to Sean and Martijn for helping me out along the way.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it's Cambridge, UK not MA.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »

Looby I'm so glad you managed to get that on camera, it looks absolutley stunning.

Jem are you going to be attending BoB? Think thats the only convention I saw you at last year which is a bit of a shame, your style is getting so slick and your 2d stuff is amongst my favourite style in diabolo.

I'm really glad Looby got that too - I recall him trying to perfect it at Bristol this year.

Thanks for that Hath, yes I will be at BoB. This time I'm getting a hotel room so some beer can be consumed! Look forward to seeing you there.

Wis

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »
After watching many times i can't choose the highlights...but i'm definitely another Arjan's fan club member. (That foot start...)

Amazing!! Congratulations to every diaboloist that took part or enjoyed it, specially, of course, to Jesse (even if is not my kind of music, it really fits)

Proud to be here.

ps: In every d.ca collab, i always loves "suzanne's" 2D combos
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
I was wondering about that, but I decided to use the names I got when people sent me the clips. I got that clip and in the field where you put your real name, it said Suzanne. Sorry about that!

Well I got Looby to send in my clip, so it must be his fault :p You did a great job, and it's good to be in it regardless.

ps: thanks! :)

Toddyupa

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 08:23:14 PM »
Sorry about doing this twice, but i had to hurry before so heres my more detailed comment.

The video highlights for me were Duncans 3D Grind, Will's First integral, Both of Joona's Integrals, Eljas' Crossed Arm Neck thingy, Pieter's sitswap, Arjans 4 high foot start, Hooker and Luis' Verax B-ball, Whatever you call Looby's thing, Richards Piece of oldschool, TIM AND MOKAI, Emil and Markus, Sergej and Daniel, Arjan's Armstalls, Funty and Ken, Jordan, Pranay,and Ceri Anne's Fan!

You see? It's that good, that when I try to pick a couple of favourittes I end up with 19!

Jesse, The best editing so far, looks like it would have been a huge job, and you did it better than anyone else has done. A Bug Round of aplause for Jesse Gehlen!

Well I got Looby to send in my clip, so it must be his fault :p You did a great job, and it's good to be in it regardless.

ps: thanks! :)

Lol, looby.

ps: Your combos are great, whoever doesn't is weird!

But Something else about this video is it inspires me continue, To get out my diabolo and do some creative stuff, To do awesome combos like William and Sergej and Arjan and whoever. Great video. I love it. :-*
pretentious 12 year old

RLF_

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
O_O > heart attack  !
Come on, I sell 3 Finesse with Large Axe: http://forum.2diabolos.com/topic/finesse

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
 :oThat... was... AWESOME!
fluffy kitty

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »
Arjan you 4 diabolo start man... CRAAAAAAZY
Congrats everyone!

Arthur

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
Too awesome to watch only once!
great stuf :D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 05:06:51 AM »
That was pretty damn sweet. Even if I hated all my tricks :P I really need to make a new video.
However, sorry for never being around. I feel like a neglectful parent. Awesome stuff.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Richard

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 06:59:03 AM »
Great work Jesse - I know how hard it is to do something like that.  Do you know how many hours it took?

Awesome tricks everyone! 

My faves:

Arjan - love the 4 high and other stuff you did  :-D   
Pieter's crazy bounces from 3 high
Sharpe bro's sprinkler with 2 strings!!!
3D low with stick grinds :)

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
Great work Jesse - I know how hard it is to do something like that.  Do you know how many hours it took?

No idea. All I know is that it took way more than I expected. I was like "yeah I can do that, it's going to be a lot of work, but not too bad". Receiving files, figuring out their settings, converting them and all that just takes an incredible amount of time. The editing itself is easy and quick, but all the other stuff were quite time consuming.

jobdiab

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »
very nice.
is have waited months for this!
i have watched it 2 times and it was still awesome

Jn4s

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
Dang.

I thought that i was in that video..

I sent a nice vertax pass. Why it wasn't there in the video? Wondering that.

Makes me sad.  :'(

But, it doesnt matter nice video now i got something to watch on winter holidays.

Nice editing Jesse.

Maybe i try to send it to votw.

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
Glad it's finally here! It turned out pretty sweet. :)

Some highlights:

Duncan's arm roll at 2:02.
Marijn's clips, even though I had seen them already.
ChloƩ!
Ken and Funty both made me laugh out loud. Would like to meet you some day.
Pieter's 3d bounces. They completely caught me off guard.
Jason at 13:25. Never seen you before, fun little simple trick you came up with there.
Nate and Jacob's sprinkler.

bums3n

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »
Good collab, but im kinda disapointed, why arent me, chris, crackers or dodson in this video? How can a guy who is making star cradle come in the video when other creative people cant?  :-|
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
Niiiiiice! It made me smile, it made me cry, it made me feel like picking up my diabolo, it was awesome!

There were so many nice tricks. Later on I might post my highlights, for now I will just keep watching it!

Big up to everyone, especially Jesse! It was nice to see that someone with different ''editing-skills'' still has been able to produce such a masterpiece. Was it different than last times? Yes! Was it still awesome? Hell yes!
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »
Good collab, but im kinda disapointed, why arent me, chris, crackers or dodson in this video? How can a guy who is making star cradle come in the video when other creative people cant?  :-|

Umm no one who did just a cradle is in the video. Crackers and Dodson never sent anything. What are you talking about?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal