Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009  (Read 47124 times)

martijn

Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
Oh ! I just say what Im thinking and I respect very much your work Jesse . Its a nice video and you choice exactly what you want but my opinion stay the same and the topic video is made for comments.
I have to admit I'm leaning towards your point of view, as there were indeed a few clips I thought were boring (I noticed that when writing my comments in the subtitle file), but like Sean said, we need to find a balance, because there are also quite some people that would rather see all submissions fit in.

I think we have managed to create a very nice balance between ground-breaking tricks and beginner tricks (for a lack of a better word) every year!

Speaking of which, here's my subtitle file if anyone cares: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/849385/dcacollab09-martijn.srt

bums3n

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »
To the people complaining about my choices. You have no idea how many clips I had to go through and you have no idea what they had in them. Just read Sean's points.

bums3n, I have saved all my collaboration emails in which I explained why I didn't use your clip and you replied saying that you understand. I don't know why you are complaining now.

I don't want this to turn into a massive debate, so I'll stop here. I too love Ken's exit. The whole clip is pure gold!
you are completely wrong man! You only hear what you want to hear!
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
Jesse, is your clip at 11:50 filmed outside one of the residences at UBC?

With regards to the stairs (subtitles file), no, those are different stairs at a different University from that old walking down the stairs clip in a video I did.

No it's the Vancouver Art Institute. I wanted a better location, but we borrowed the camera from there and weren't aloud to leave the campus.

bums3n, luckily the internet remembers everything and like I said I have the email and that's exactly what you said. I will happily email it back to you.

Noah Nielsen

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Great video!
It was awesome too see all of the innovative work and styles.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »

Dude, you need to chill out.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
No it's the Vancouver Art Institute. I wanted a better location, but we borrowed the camera from there and weren't aloud to leave the campus.

bums3n, luckily the internet remembers everything and like I said I have the email and that's exactly what you said. I will happily email it back to you.

Don't give the s**t the time of day Jesse, the youtube culture through and through ladies and gents....
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2009, 01:57:41 AM »
I can't believe that some angry 'child'? has derailed a thread that some people have been waiting for, for a while. Others have put their opinions across in a fair manner and that little debate about skill/inclusion always pops up and always will (quite rightfully to, as this really does effect how people receive a video). You however are just angry because you didn't get included, I guess in fact that you probably didn't get included because your trick was pretty sub-standard or possibly because it wasn't filmed very well. I doubt however that Jesse sent you an email saying you would definatley be included when he never intended on it, he says he has emails to prove that you would not be included, even without these I am much more inclined to believe someone like him then some little angry pre-adolescent/just beginning adolesence/behaves like a 5 yr old? like yourself.

However I could be very wrong so please upload your clip so that we can all view it and reap upon it the HUMUNGOUS amount of praise that it is clearly worthy of, I'm sure it will rack up as many posts as this video has, as it is clearly super awsome and amazing. However as I have said I am much more inclined to believe Jesse so I guess all thats left to do is use a quote from possibly the most unfairly treated member of this forum.

martijn

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2009, 02:09:20 AM »
For the people over at diabolotreff.de: Be grateful for what you receive for free. It looks to me like some of you are trying to divide the community into a diabolo.ca vs diabolotreff.de competition. That's a shame, because it's not.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2009, 02:44:43 AM »
Wise words Looby, Hath and 'Tijn. Just chill out, it's just diabolo.

Martijn, liked your commentary. Jip's clip was perhaps a bit long, but I just loved the intense zoom out. If you see this Jip, I'd like to know where whoever filmed it was? Was it a hill or something. How did you communicate? That's a pretty sick camera too! Oh and Martijn, you can blame me for the angle of Aleksi's clip. He sent two angles, the other one from the front, but I didn't like that one as much.

Midoryu

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 03:16:58 AM »
I was never really too fond on preparing to tank through 15 minutes of pure content, but I can't say that anymore the more I watch this video.  The level of awesomeness of the collab videos has reached a point where my brain ceases to process that awesomeness.  During viewing, my neuron activity flatlined and I was left in a state of pure dumbfoundedness and ecstasy.  Great, 特好, すごい, prima, fantastique, and any other adjectives which I know of that can describe this video with goes out to all of the amazing techies who made this possible.  The tricks were all more evolved from their previous years of infancy and the integrals (yes, so many integrals I see) were as bountiful as ever.  Beautiful settings too, which I guess must be part of the blood and sweat Jesse has secreted in his careful selection.  I would LIKE to say that it'd suck if my video wasn't chosen, possibly due to my inexperience with filming, but since I never made the deadline anyway I'll keep quiet about this.  Next year, with mind-blowing tricks and background, definitely, I promise.  And if not, then next next year, with breath-taking high-quality shots, I promise.  And if not......

By the way:  From Martijn:
On a different note, I'm thinking of taking up the task of editing next year's collab, this video got me all excited again :)
I like that idea :)  We get to see another editing master at work...but hey, on the other hand, find some other people with good editing hands and work together on it.  Better yet, Get Jesse and work together on it...it might look more awesome?
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 03:28:09 AM »
That was so awesome, I blows my mind. Maybe in a year, when I don't suck, then I can get a collab entry.
fluffy kitty

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2009, 03:49:16 AM »
highlights for me were
looby 2:20, whatever that was
daniel 8:25, although there's not a new trick in it, I really liked the style
sergej 10:50, gotta steal that one
ceri-anne 12:55, I always enjoy seeing those carbon only tricks as I never try them
jason 13:35, cool idea, doubt I've seen it before
the two person sprinkler was neat too
also kinda liked williams 2d genos, they need a cleaner execution though
same goes for lots of integrals..

music choice was mostly terrible, editing was ok (as expected from a collab) and there were a lot boring clips in it,
but overall it was nice to watch, thanks for making

For the people over at diabolotreff.de: Be grateful for what you receive for free. It looks to me like some of you are trying to divide the community into a diabolo.ca vs diabolotreff.de competition. That's a shame, because it's not.
I think its the other way around, they just want more love :P

jyp4444

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2009, 04:40:18 AM »
First of all, I want to thank Jesse for putting yet another amazing collab video this year. Jesse, you put so much effort into this video and it turned out beautiful.

@bums3n: I do not see how you believe that there were only people well-known to the diabolo world in this video. Certainly there were, but by far, I think this year had the most diversity of any year we have done the collab video.

My proof?
1. Look at the map Sean put on the first page. It spreads throughout Europe, but also Australia and North America!
2. Participants: What about that long list of people on the first page? And it's not like every person's name is repeated.
3. Diversity of Participants: There are a lot of new faces on this list.

The bottom line is, it's possible that you had a brilliant trick and maybe Jesse missed it, but you can't go around criticizing him and the more "well-known" diaboloists just because you didn't make it.

And again, I cannot stress how much Jesse has done. This is a beautiful video.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

Jason

bums3n

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
Hey guys... Sorry for the little angry outtake, im so sorry guys, now im calmed down, i was just so upset to get a clip in there. And for you Jesse, i checked my emails from you, i started sending 4 clips, then you said that you wont use them, and respect for that. Then one week later i sended a kind of "2 diabolo integral", you dident said to that clip that you wouldent use it.

Sorry guys, respect for diabolo.ca  ;)
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

Dennis

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »

hahahahaha!  ;)
The German community really doesn't want to have some kind of "competition" between .ca and .de  :P
Chill out, it's around Christmas, there are other important things than to battle!  ;)

I personally liked the previous collaborations more, concerning the music choice, the editing (no offensive, Jesse!!!!  8)) and all the tricks, as well!

Another thing, what happened to Crackers, Quentin, Mau and all the other word-stars?
Kinda missed them...

But thanks again, Jesse, for your work and effort!
hi! :P

Indy

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »
First my respect for Jesse for taking this big job!
Also big props to everyone who created something for this video and took the effort to film it!

This video is just pure diabolo-awesomeness put in a quarter of an hour video!
It's great to see that you guys still keep pushing those tricks to a next level!

I'm super stoked!
epicness commits

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
Another thing, what happened to Crackers, Quentin, Mau and all the other word-stars?
Kinda missed them...
They didn't submit anything/it wasn't good enough...

luabduch

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2009, 01:40:14 PM »
I'd love to be a part of it, and I really thought that it was going to happen this time...
but that's ok...

good job and awesome video!

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2009, 01:50:26 PM »
excellent work jesse. loved all of it, especially arjan what a hero you are! well done guys.

lz

personally i'd be quite up for the battle.......... only because we'd win

Elkku

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2009, 01:57:28 PM »
have someone noticed the car in the backround at 9:59?
good driver  :P
Eljas

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal