Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009  (Read 48125 times)

martijn

Re: Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2009, 02:06:57 PM »
They didn't submit anything/it wasn't good enough...
I doubt it's the 2nd reason ;)

have someone noticed the car in the backround at 9:59?
good driver  :P
Ha yeah, I only noticed after Jesse's commentary. It looks like the clip's in reverse, but if you look at the tricks that's not possible. Neat accidental effect :-D

Dennis

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »
personally i'd be quite up for the battle.......... only because we'd win

You're wrong, langerz  :-D
hi! :P

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2009, 02:59:31 PM »
Thanks Jesse and everybody for the vid. Maybe not my favourite year of diabolo if you can say something like that but still many very epic tricks in there.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
What with Jesse doing a good job this year, and Martijn showing some sort of interest in editing again and the video now getting on towards 15 minutes I think next year I would quite like to see a collaboration in the editing as well, with 2-3 (or more) editing 5-4 minutes of footage each, and then one of them just to put the others together.

It not only would mean that the editors them selves (apart from 1) have a bit of a surprise but also the video would be quite different in that different editors are bound to pick different style of music take a different appoach to putting it together etc.

martijn

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
Excellent idea Hath. I wouldn't know how to deal with dividing the clips between editors though. Something we need to think about, but it's definitely worth considering. Not only would it show different editing styles, but it will also divide the workload into small portions.

Midoryu was also thinking along these lines. In reply to:
I like that idea :)  We get to see another editing master at work...but hey, on the other hand, find some other people with good editing hands and work together on it.  Better yet, Get Jesse and work together on it...it might look more awesome?
I really liked the fact we asked someone from the community and not from the usual 'staff' around here to do the editing, to make it even more collaborative.

Maybe it's time to open a new thread for next year's collab :D

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
Maybe set up multiple submission email addresses and people can randomly choose, or write a bit of script the randomly send the submissions to one of so many addresses (no idea how hard it would be to script but seems a simple algorithim?).

And then each editor would be able to make executive decisions on their part of the collab?

martijn

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
I'd go for the complete random and anonymous approach to keep it fair.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
I'm so late watching this...it was SO worth the wait. Thank you everyone for the inspiration. And thank you Jesse because such a long video of only awesomeness must've meant a lot of work in editing.

The only thing I want for christmas is a camera to try to be a part of the next video in this fine tradition (not sure to make the cut though, too many quality tricks from everyone). Would want to see collabs more than once a year.

Deviouscobra

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
Wow. Best Collaboration yet.. Simply amazing! Can't wait till next year.
Really?
Yeah, Really!

SilentScreamer

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 12:42:26 PM »
Martijn, liked your commentary. Jip's clip was perhaps a bit long, but I just loved the intense zoom out. If you see this Jip, I'd like to know where whoever filmed it was? Was it a hill or something. How did you communicate? That's a pretty sick camera too!

Well, it's a big landscape on the outside of Ommen in a place called Bestmen. It was filmed on a hill there but my friend was standing on ''de uitkijktoren''. Literally in English it's a ''look-out-tower''. A ugly 30 metres high staired tower. The camera was a television camera, my friend borrowed it from school, internship, he's filming motorcycles from the Assen Circuit with that thing (MotoGP, anyone?).

Communication wasn't really there, we stood there in the tower and thought, hey, what if we do a great zoom in or zoom out in the tower, wouldn't that be great? But i need to know something so i called him, and after that i discovered that yelling was enough  :-D

We've had more places filmed and had other great angles made (with same and other simple trick), but because some codec problems it never got well in Jesse's inbox, which is too bad, because it were great pieces too! After that, to solve the problem was too time-consuming that it just didn't made that in time... Maybe next year!

This video is filmed in the tower, it was 2,5 years ago (haven't made much progress after that, unfortunately...

2D Shuffle Practice

At that point I haven't got that camera :P

And I know my trick was the less innovative, creative, and difficult one. But I wanted to don't make it sloppy, and I haven't diaboloed much since 2,5 years... I never learned anything after my sprinkler suicide. But the video combo with a perfect trick was the secret formula to get in this video, and i feel completely honored!

and again, sorry for my bad english :P

Greetings,

Jip

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »
Jip, thanks for the good story! Your English is absolutely fine. Post more often and diabolo more. ;)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »
i updated my first comment but here they are again. subtitles.

Thanks Mike. I moved a copy here so the link won't die. -Sean
can't believe its not butter

SilentScreamer

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »
Jip, thanks for the good story! Your English is absolutely fine. Post more often and diabolo more. ;)

Haha well, it was a bit exaggarated :P
When I am getting bored I will diabolo, in April I've got a third Finesse because I want to learn a 3d trick in the future. But I can't even do a proper vortex, and correcting and fast speeding with 2d isn't that great either. But I learned excalibur, now i need to learn some tricks with it. But It isn't that much progress in 2,5 years but I can learn so much in the future. I just got stuck on vortex, need to have trick to get further :)

Wick

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
WONDERFUL  video, I loved it !

Simalacrum

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
absolutely stunning, I love it! Shame my clips didn't get in the final video... I have a lot to learn and practice for next years one!

edit: forgot to say, after looking at everyones amazing tricks and re-looking at my shabby little attempts at showing off, I'm not suprised they didn't get in :P

any tips for an aspiring diaboloist for next year by any chance Jesse? :3

pietvansteen

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 12:04:33 AM »
It's a fantastic video !
Finally here it is! F.U.N. http://youtu.be/JT9lBNemGJU

Mr.D

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 01:44:05 AM »
Without acces to a pc I just noticed this masterpiece now, but I have no sound atm, so I'll be watching it in 12 days - Gees, I can't wait!
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2009, 02:04:52 AM »
I have to ask. Did you submit this year?

Nah. I only filmed 1 diabolo trick this year, and it went in the Turbo video.
Let me know when next years comes around... I'll see how my diabolo is.

Norbi

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »
I noticed that the Collaboration Video is also available on Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2009 Maybe add it to the first post? ;)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

NiekG

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »
Simply the best, ta ta ta ta!
Meh,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal