Author Topic: 4 diabolos high trapeze start  (Read 4529 times)

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
4 diabolos high trapeze start
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »
Hi guys,
After Arjan's crazy "4 diabolos high foot start" from the collab video, I thought: I try another crazy 4 diabolos high start! ;)
and so I made a video of the "4 diabolo high trapeze start!" :-D

Pieter

4 diabolos high trapeze start

Toddyupa

Re: 4 diabolos high trapeze start
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
wowah! :-D Impressive, but I think this might have been invented:

Folkert have you had any more luck with the trapeze start? or are you sticking with this one for sure now?

whether that's different, i don't know. someone will say something about it soon
pretentious 12 year old

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:23:51 PM »
With all respect to you Pieter, and the trick you do, I don't see why you made this thread. Obviously the reason could be you just want to share your achievement with the world. As you say you were motivated to make this after seeing my 3 to 4 kickup. And that is fine. But I don't like how you compare the 2 and just blatantly give it the same ammount of "crazy-ness". Offcourse you are free to have you own opinion, so do I.

For me the 3 to 4 kickup is possibly the best I have to offer to the world when it comes to my technical capabilities of diabolo until today. Pulling it for the 1st time was epic. I had worked for a year long on the concept of starting a diabolo from the foot into a pattern. All the time I spend was working towards a dream bound to come true.

I hope this makes sense to you, and even motivates you more to continue expanding your capabilities, the way you find suitable for you. So you, one day can be proud of what crazyness you are pulling and landing as if it means nothing to you. I'll definitely will be watching! But please don't offend me again like this.         

NiekG

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
I kinda agree with Arjan here, the two can't really be compared.
Meh,

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »
The only thing crazy about this is that its 4 diabolos. If someone learnt 3 high from trapeze start they would probably find this an easier 4 high start. I saw a video in august i think of a guy learning 4 high with this start. How can you compare this to Arjans trick? Trapeze starts not considered a crazy with 3 diabolos, but Arjans is still crazy with 3. Id say this is just a standard start and i think its going to become more common as more people learn 4D.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »
yes, this is very basic way to start 4d.. aaro starts his 4d by throwing two diabolos same time, otherwise the technic is same.. http://www.kumiankka.com/videot/4d2.wmv

SebiHausi

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
i totally agree here. i tried out 3 high once, and i tryed it with the trapeze start, cuz its much easier for me as to throw up 2 diabolos and start the shuffle.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »
meh i cant even start 1 diabolo with the same kick-up as Arjan... trapeze-starts aint near the technical skill required like Arjans
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »
Hi,
I do diabolo for fun! ;)
I learnt something new and I just wanted to share it with you all...
I had no intention to offend(???) anyone! I apologize if I gave the wrong impression :-|
The trick is not "crazy" but just "boring"... :P ;)
Pieter

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
Hello
I kind of agree with the overall opinion and was about to post when I first saw this thread and that you were comparing your start to Arjan 4d kick up start. I think 4D in general is crazy so you have all my respect for being able to do it (I hope I will someday :) ), but if I was able to do it, 4D trapeze start would definitely be the first start I will try as I m using it for my 3D start.
Back to Arjan's kick up start and even though I cannot do half of what people did in the Collab, this was the only true moment during which i literally jumped out of my chair!
So of course your video is not boring (AND IF SOMEBODY EVER TELL YOU THIS PLEASE KICK HIS ASS!!), and I do think it s crazy anyway, but creativity and technical skill could not being compared here with Arjans start.
Keep it up Pieter (or keep it high :-) ) and please keep sharing!
Happy new year everybody by the way

Benjy

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »
Well said

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
Pieter,

I think it's amazing that you can do 4D high.  Regardless of how many others can do 4D, it must have been really exciting for you to learn!  I like the start.  Don't let everyone's comments get you down.  I think if we were all sitting around a coffee table, we'd all congratulate you on your accomplishment, even though it's not as technical as Arjan's.  I don't think anyone's tone is meant to insult.  They are just stating their opinions.  The bottom line is that as long as you are pushing your skills to the next level, you should be proud of what you're doing.

Now, to give props to Arjan, I can't say that this start is as impressive as his or as flashy.  4D is amazing by itself, but Arjan took it to another level.  I doubt anyone else will be landing Arjan's start for some time.

-Jason

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 02:46:06 AM »
The start is nothing special. I use the trapeze start exclusively however yes, 4 high is cool :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Indy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »
  I doubt anyone else will be landing Arjan's start for some time.

That's because everyone knows they don't touch  Arjan's tricks;)
epicness commits

martijn

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »
True. He's got a ninja army in his basement.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Not true, he has one of theses:

Scrubs, don't open your locker

Arjan

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
And I'm not affraid using it  ;) Fun!

martijn