Author Topic: Tutorial requests wanted!  (Read 5339 times)

kurrygrodan

Tutorial requests wanted!
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »
Hi everyone!

It has been a while since I've been on the forums but now I'm trying to get active again.

I've been thinking of making some tutorials but I need to know what you guys want to learn. It could be anything, that I can do myself of course, everything from BASIC to quite advanced. Though only 1-2 diabolos.
So far I've decided to do:
A complete beginners guide covering all of the basics. From gaining speed to many basic tricks.
Vertax/Excalibur tutorial
And finally an In-Depth 2 diabolo correction tutorial.

The tutorials suggested above might have voice-overs, I'm still considering it.  :-|
My question for you guys is, is there anything impressive, or useful, that is missing out on a tutorial? Also, I'll post a new trick video soon, not the best because I'm a bit rusty still.

Any suggestion is good and appreciated, as long as I can do it.   ;)

Completed tutorials:
Slack Whip and Eiffel Tower: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=9526.0
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

Not Skilled Yet

Re: Tutorial requests wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:50 AM »
making cool body combos   took me a while to figure out, longer than if there had been a tutorial
around the back
1 and 2 diabolo basic integrals
antishuffle
neck transfer vertax
all things I can do, that would have been easier with a tutorial
fluffy kitty

kurrygrodan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:32:09 AM »
making cool body combos   took me a while to figure out, longer than if there had been a tutorial
around the back
1 and 2 diabolo basic integrals
antishuffle
neck transfer vertax
all things I can do, that would have been easier with a tutorial

Thank you for your reply, I'll see what I can do.

Anyone else?
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
What I would love to have you make is:

The complete beginner one. And what I would love to do is dub your voiceovers into Finnish. We have loads of new people (mostly young) who don't yet understand english and therefore most often don't get as much out from tutorials as they would normally.Another good one would be the 2d corrections one. People tend to ask that a lot.

If you're interested getting your voice-overs dubbed  just talk to me. I would love to help you get most out of your tutorials. I'm not that interested to have my own face in videos. Good quality tutorials are for common use.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

wmjbyatt

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
I'd love to see some tutorials for body combos. Trying to steal other peoples' from their videos is a bit arduous, since few of the videos are of high enough quality to see the details very well. I'd also like to see a really thorough and useful 2D start tutorial that covers several basic starts: gathering that from text or from quick demonstrations without thorough explanations is a pain the tuchus.

CASERocks

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
Do you know how to do integral suicides, and maybe integral infinites?

I'd love an in depth tutorial on how to do integrals.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
In-depth tutorial on why diabolo is fun, creative, and community building, as well as how we can get rid of a lot of the needless competition. 

kurrygrodan

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »
In-depth tutorial on why diabolo is fun, creative, and community building, as well as how we can get rid of a lot of the needless competition.

That's actually quite a good idea, however, hard to make...   :-|
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

kurrygrodan

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
I'd love to see some tutorials for body combos. Trying to steal other peoples' from their videos is a bit arduous, since few of the videos are of high enough quality to see the details very well. I'd also like to see a really thorough and useful 2D start tutorial that covers several basic starts: gathering that from text or from quick demonstrations without thorough explanations is a pain the tuchus.

I'll see if I can work out some sweet body combos :) I really like the idea of making a BIG guide on starts, where I'll include all I know of.

Added to my To-Do list :)
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

kurrygrodan

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 08:32:49 PM »
Do you know how to do integral suicides, and maybe integral infinites?

I'd love an in depth tutorial on how to do integrals.
That particular one might be a pain for me.. But I'm trying to get into integrals more and more so I'll have to think about that one :)

What I would love to have you make is:

The complete beginner one. And what I would love to do is dub your voiceovers into Finnish. We have loads of new people (mostly young) who don't yet understand english and therefore most often don't get as much out from tutorials as they would normally.Another good one would be the 2d corrections one. People tend to ask that a lot.

If you're interested getting your voice-overs dubbed  just talk to me. I would love to help you get most out of your tutorials. I'm not that interested to have my own face in videos. Good quality tutorials are for common use.

Now that's interesting! Actually a really good idea. It's true what you say that Finland has a lot of young diaboloers, or whatever, jugglers. When I finish editing my current project I'll come back to you about that one.

And does anyone know, IF it's possible to get a sticky for your tutorials, maybe not all of them, but just the best ones. I'm thinking of making like a tutorial library for easier access. If anyone knows what I mean :)

Edit: Just learned how to double quote, sorry about that before.
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal