Author Topic: Through These Eyes  (Read 6392 times)

jamzjazz

• Donator
Through These Eyes
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
Ive been holding onto this video for a long long time now intending on adding more and taking parts out. I have come to the conclusion i will make another video with newer tricks soon instead and I'm releasing this video now. Its not what i thought it would be but that's life. It started out as a video i made with a friend for his college course and he was going to do one edit for his course and one for me. it turned out i edited it in the end and he did one for his course.I apologise some tricks are a bit sketchy but we had a limited filming time. one of the reasons being that we filmed on an airsofting course and had to run when dozens of people in army gear ran out and started shooting. anyway enough explanations heres the video. Enjoy  :)
through these eyes

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Through These Eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:28:12 PM »
I really liked the music and the filming was nice.
One thing to take into consideration is the colours in the video. I think that it would have worked a lot better if the colours on your clothes and the diabolos were neutral rather than bright. If you are seriously thinking of making a quality video then you have to colour co-ordinate, strange as it may seem!

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
If you are seriously thinking of making a quality video then you have to colour co-ordinate, strange as it may seem!

Doesn't seem strange at all. The reason i wore that top is because it was the same top as the model of me had on. Fancy buying me some diabolos in diffrent colours then. i have no money for that.

robbie322

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
Nice vid but the mini model of you appears to be a little diabology-esque like the little creepy toy clown they have in one of the sequences.
Making the possible totally impossible

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »
Was it a toy clown or a "mini-me?" Either way I quite liked this concept, especially when he appeared to be filming in the tree.

As for the army that's pretty random really but quite funny - "I was shot in the arse running away from the army as they thought my diabolo's were some sort of chemical weapon."

Nice vid though some good suicides in there.

Janey

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:27:40 PM »
i like your style and the colors of your diabolos. i understand bens opinion, but everybody think different about that^^
keep up the good work.

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
Was it a toy clown or a "mini-me?" Either way I quite liked this concept, especially when he appeared to be filming in the tree.

As for the army that's pretty random really but quite funny - "I was shot in the arse running away from the army as they thought my diabolo's were some sort of chemical weapon."

Nice vid though some good suicides in there.

my sister made it out of clay for a art project and it was a airsofting (BB gun) course so not realy that random. but we thought it was closed

Toddyupa

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »
awesome 2D combo around 2:06

work on your feed the suns, remember that if the green diabolo goes up first, next time it should be the red, meany no shuffles. Richard has a pretty good tutorial
pretentious 12 year old

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
awesome 2D combo around 2:06

work on your feed the suns, remember that if the green diabolo goes up first, next time it should be the red, meany no shuffles.

They wernt shuffles they were fans. i am working on them anyway at the moment  :).

Toddyupa

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »
after the fan there was one shuffle where you threw the red diabolo across and then popped up the green instead of the red.
pretentious 12 year old

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:54:59 PM »
Nice wedgie/really big boxers at 2.30!

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 03:02:46 AM »
That little finger grind tweak in the integral at the start (the stick swappy one), like completely amazed me. I dont really know why, it was just so subtle and smooth, which is what makes diabolo look stylish.

Props on the vid.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Wis

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 09:41:46 AM »
Really nice video. I liked the locations a lot and about the clothes, i have always been a bit daltonic, perhaps that's why i like how your colors fit. I'll need some advice about this while filming.

There's something in your style...that i don't get. If i were I would try to make it smoother.

Anyway, you have nice ideas, and skills (feeds...)

Your sister even painted the diabolo.ca t-shirt!, respect yo
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

jamzjazz

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
Nice wedgie/really big boxers at 2.30!

SHH  :embarassed: it was the best take and the battry ran out.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
I should have also said that I did enjoy parts of the video! (which I did)

iroQuai

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 10:24:04 PM »
That little finger grind tweak in the integral at the start (the stick swappy one), like completely amazed me. I dont really know why, it was just so subtle and smooth, which is what makes diabolo look stylish.

Props on the vid.
It blew me away too! At first i didn't even notice there was a small finger grind to keep the diabolo in the air for a moment longer, just long enough to stick the trick! Very impressive...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal