Author Topic: International Juggler 2009  (Read 2978 times)

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
International Juggler 2009
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
Hey diabolo peeps, check out my  year-long video project: International Juggler 2009

International Juggler 2009 - Luke Burrage

And coming soon I'll have some news about a cool competition some of you might like to enter.

Enjoy! Luke B.
Luke

Janey

Re: International Juggler 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:46:09 PM »
man, this video is absolutely amazing...
nice work,
i would say.... frontpage :)

Pakemania

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
That's great,juggling around the world :P

When were you in Helsinki? I was there in July, but i didn't juggle.

Oh, and the music fits perfectly. Did you get those juggling balls out of the water? :)

Rogelio Lopez

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »
Great juggling project!  The scenes and the music match very well.   The overall effect, for me, is that it provides a great feeling of being a juggler today.

Mr.D

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »
Wow, what a piece of fine art! I always love around-the-world-videos, and this one is definitely no exception. I can't imagine the experience of traveling around the whole world and filming it all. Especially Zanzibar, Cape Horn, Aruba, the glacier in Argentina and the Arctic Ocean is amazing and looks like a lot of fun :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Catjar

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:35:32 AM »
That was great
not gonna list all my favorites because there were a lot, but i really liked the BoaƱo, Spain one.
Plus that contest sounds interesting...

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »
Boy, Luke, you sure get around! That was lovely. Really adds to it using your own music too.

Good exposure for Nathan and http://calljuggler.com, although the site doesn't appear to be up at the moment.

Details for others that are interested but haven't clicked through to the youtube page:
http://www.lukeburrage.com/juggler2009.html

My favourite bit:
Did you lose the red ball in Zanzibar Harbour?

No. The ball floated, and we circled back to pick it up. I did, however, lose a club in a crevasse when I slipped down the Martial Glacier.

Toddyupa

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 04:50:17 AM »
An all time favorite, loved the music!!
pretentious 12 year old

Wis

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Absolutely lovely!
1:20 hahahaha

I just got a bit bored with the 5 balls. The camera quality and the editing are awesome
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

nezzybaby

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:20:49 AM »
Fairly clear where the inspiration for this video came from, so why didn't you call it "where the hell is Luke?"?

Awesome work, I'm incredibly jealous, last year I made it to Anglesey and Brastislava. Not quite as impressive.... and I forgot to take juggling equipment both times.

Jasper

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
very nice movie  8) Chose good places ;)

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
Woow I don't really know what to say... That's such an inspiring way to share juggling in my opinion! Of course one of my favourite one since a long time... I guess we have a same vision of sharing what we do Luke!
I am gonna be honest.
I red the title of the thread and told me... Uh uh this looks like a name I could use for the project I m working on by now!
I released on the forum a while ago already a video named "Diabolo is a trip" and the concept was the same : great locations, and places around the world (sorry for the one who looked for crazy difficult tricks in it, that was not the purpose of it! Oh and sorry again for the long infinite suicide sequence at the beginning!)
Here the last version of it if some of you are interested in it...
Diabolo is a trip - Diabolo4life.com - Nicolas PIRES
and I m working since a while already on pushing this to a next level for my next vid. Diabolo, some fun, and some crazy locations and scenery around the world...
But you gave me a lot of work to make it worth this one now haha!!
Very great job man, big fan.
Keep on doing this!
Nico

ahhow5587

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
this is definitely nice

3Jiabolopupil

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »
I agree, this was one of the most beautiful videos I`ve ever seen :)

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words about the video. I did have a lot of fun with it. I did see the Diabolo is a Trip video, but there's room for as many videos as anyone wants to make. My problem is that I've also set the bar really high with this video, and I'm still not sure how to top it this year.

I might post some clips I got of my doing some diabolo tricks in Spitzbergen here later.
Luke

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal