Author Topic: 2d stick swaps  (Read 9842 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: 2d stick swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »
Is that possible just putting one diabolo in the trapeze too (which judging from the vid would be way easier)? I will try your trick right now, thanks for showing/sharing.

Forgot to say...cool 8).

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »
yeah, thats really wicked...the sort of trick you see and you just have to go and try out!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 09:09:24 PM »
That was indeed very cool.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

martijn

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 05:14:14 PM »
That was very cool.

Agreed! I really like the sprinkler suicide crossed position. I have to admit I didn't really understand what happened after though.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 05:21:26 PM »
Woah - that was cool! Loving the crossed exit position too. I wonder what else you can do from there?

Tiamat

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
It's like the basic magic knot with one diabolo (dark side then trapeze), at the end I wrap one diabolo while throwing the other.
I hope it helps.

@sean: I am working on lots of sprinkler things (nothing solid for the moment), I try to do with 2diabolos simple 1D tricks that involves a wrap (it becomes a sprinkler with 2D)
Chloé

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
Hmm, I kind of missed this thread before, don't know why, because it's actually very interesting! I really like Sean's s-fan stick swap thing. And Tiamat has brought my long lost interest in sprinklers back! I'd love to see more ideas and I'm definitely inspired.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:58 PM »
OK so I have an idea but I can´t do it ::). Not even sure it´s entirely possible.

How about normal sprinkler, swap the sticks, suicide out, catch one of the diabolos in your hand, almost simultenously catch the other in a minigeno (rubbing the string against somewhere?), catch the stick, throw the handdiabolo back in...or forget the throw and do some sort of wrapstart or slowcide back to shuffle after the diabolo that goes in the string has wrapped.

^OK this isn´t the crazy ideas thread but this could work in theory...probably.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
OK so I have an idea but I can´t do it ::). Not even sure it´s entirely possible.

How about normal sprinkler, swap the sticks, suicide out, catch one of the diabolos in your hand, almost simultenously catch the other in a minigeno (rubbing the string against somewhere?), catch the stick, throw the handdiabolo back in...or forget the throw and do some sort of wrapstart or slowcide back to shuffle after the diabolo that goes in the string has wrapped.

Hmm, lots of potential for stick bending, hand crunching and pain.

Can't wait to try it tomorrow :).

looby

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »
I couldn't decifer the instructions but it sounds lovely :)
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:27 PM »

but wouldnt you have to do a left handed mini-gen for that to work? that would make it alot harder

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 05:36:55 AM »
but wouldnt you have to do a left handed mini-gen for that to work? that would make it alot harder

Um well yeah...unless you do it from a reversesprinkler but that would harder in another way then.

I couldn't decifer the instructions but it sounds lovely

Haha, sorry about that if it´s not clear. Trick just popped into the head randomly so writing it clearly was a bit difficult :).

Can't wait to try it tomorrow .

Will definitely be interesting to hear how it goes. Tried it yesterdaynight only once (going for a slowcide re-entry) and yes, definitely potential for pain. Minigeno hit straight in the mouth going for the handcatch. Didn´t catch either diab...

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
looking back at a pretty old video i saw this gem of a stick swap http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2183.0 its at 8:28

looby

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »
Bam! Got this stick swap under 2 high today!

Boing! Diabolo Stick Swap

Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Looby, you must film that!

I got these two somewhat old ones at 0.44 and 4.35 in case no one's seen them before:

Contrast.wmv

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal