Author Topic: Yo-yo tricks with diabolo  (Read 12547 times)

Jannis

Re: Yo-yo tricks with diabolo
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
Why is nobody walking the dog..?

what do you mean? can you give me an example?

4leek24

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
Why is nobody walking the dog..?
cuz its almost useless? it just slows the diabolo down. if youre talkin about yoyo, its cuz it damages the yoyo, causes dings, and ruins it.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 11:08:31 PM »
How can you not see that it was a joke?

Toddyupa

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 08:16:06 AM »
Not sure ben :-D
pretentious 12 year old

imayoyo

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
Ummm... I yoyo, and diaboloing is nothing like yoyoing. period. the tricks are just too complex in yoyoing and when you are using a diabolo (which has a MUCH bigger diameter) it is just too hard to re-create any decent yoyo tricks. But with diabolo, well there are suicides and stuff like that that are completely different then yoyo's. I think diaboloers should use the uniqueness of the sport/hobby and NOT try to copy yoyoers in every aspect. go on their own course.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »
Troll Incoming in 3... 2... 1..
 roooar!

To be honest, I don't have the slightest perception of Why the **** you are saying that? Look at markos videos and telle me that yoyo and Diabolo are 2 completely different things? Many aspects of diabolo and yoyo are similar to each other. Care to explain Why you think Diaboloists are "copying" yoyo? Never thought that Maybe some yoyo-stuff could be inspired of Diabolo? Do you honestly know the slightest thing about Diabolo at all? Why the hell Cant a category of juggling get Inspired from other categorys? Never heard of a 3d box? Never heard of 1d slack? I honestly think you should fudge off and stop being so negative about people getting Ideas from other things. What are your problem about transfering a concept to another prop? I would gladly like to hear your answers cus reading that pissed me off

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

imayoyo

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 12:08:54 AM »
I'm not saying that it's BAD. I'm just saying that I would PREFER that diaboloists did more things and really let the uniqueness of their sport/hobby stand out :)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »
Haha. I get you point, imayoyo. But I disagree with you.

I don't see any problem with there being two disciplines that learn from each other. Like I've done both skateboarding and snowboarding. Clearly two totally different things but there are many tricks that have crossed over, and I have no problem against it. I feel that it would be narrow minded to not try those things out in different disciplines since thats how these things develop into much bigger. Diabolo and yo-yo are clearly two different thing but they have much in common. And as such the tricks won't never be the same. It doesn't make diabolo less unique if you have a concept or two used previously in yo-yoing. If anything it makes diabolo even better as skill toy if you can actually use it to do some yo-yo stuff.

Currently I have actually hard time watching 4A yoyoing since if the player isn't really good it looks too much like bad diaboloing. I think we should forget the 4A and just start doing 9A. So 4A with a counter weight. And make those suicides happen in yo-yo like they should.  But this is completely different discussion.

imayoyo, I know you have the skills in yo-yo why just not try and get inspired of them with diabolo? Heck I can even hit wrist mounts with a diabolo. It's bigger but you will have that freaking 30centimeter extension to your string finger in form of the stick and possibility to go straight to go for 5A tricks with other stick. :D
Lastly I still play both because I enjoy it. Having fun while playing is what matters the most. Second most important thing for me is not to limit my creativity much, if I get and an idea I will go for it. I have no need to defend yo-yoing as a culture since diabolo won't ever replace it. I will happily be a citizen of these to worlds. Everybody is still entitled to their opinions, so if you feel that having yoyo tricks on diabolo is bad thing you should continue striving diabolo more towards the things you want.

┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

gravity

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 12:49:39 PM »
yo people chill fore a min i just started yo yo cause my imagination is getting a bit thin lately on 1d slacks i learnt all the singal slacks over an under both cups an then learnt it all again with the other hand mixed it up for months cause i love lz tec style its sick for bringing in new young kids into the seen (that's what i found eny way) but the way it looks to none jugglers is string loops are flowting everywhere intense knots appear an disappear an its the same as yoyo if ya good. its so tec 4 the normal person to understand. so what i have found is that most people say when they see diabolo an slacking combos they say its like yoyo witch is no doubt is annoying but i have found so Meany tricks on hear that have come from yoyo so i went an got myself one so i could get Betta understanding of new slack Trix's double or nuffing, trap door, string suicides, string pushis. so i fink all in all the style is so similar i personally think yoyo an diabolo slacking go hand in hand but its jus what i think so hit us back. peace people.

an just a heads up to lz and oddballs I'll b bk over from eastbourne nx week for more string an some new Trix catch ya soon.
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »
Gravity,

Thanks for your input.

However, I have one request.  As new people join the forum, they may not realize that we have many users who have learned English as a second language and even some who use translation software to read our posts.  We should all set a goal of using proper English to the best of our abilities, in order to make the forum accessable to the maximum number of people.  My request is that you abide by this standard.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Jason

gravity

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »
OK no worries I'll try just i really suck at spelling an grammar but anyway peace.  :)
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal