Author Topic: Vertax / Excalibur Advanced Ramblings  (Read 16828 times)

Jester

Vertax / Excalibur Advanced Ramblings
« on: July 02, 2005, 10:57:35 AM »
So there are a couple of forums about this crazy technique involving certain videos or how to start and/or basic tricks

but I can already do all that  :(

so I thought how about a forum for more advanced stuff. What are people trying. where are we going

there's already a 2 diabolo excalibur thread so i guess I'm thinking more about stuff with 1

I'm working on infinite vertax trapeze suicide (on the right stick at least three rotations)

i've started getting genocides back on the string so now i'm thinking about mini genocides

and I haven't figured out quite how but i'd like to try some sort of magic knot

anyone got any body rotations going on?

also I haven't even started working on it BUT if we can do chinese whips above our heads what about below the hips exaclibur! around the legs anyone?

bring it on everyone lets get this Bolo rolling   :D
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Vojtas

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 12:30:32 PM »
around right leg - i can do sometimes 2 rotations..
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Jester

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:04:25 PM »
what sort of technique are u using for the orbits ?
could you describe it.

suns around the body + passing it around your back looks good

Jester

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 02:14:31 PM »
So i guess noone cares about excalibur ?

:cry:

ming

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 02:54:31 PM »
I care just can't think of anything to write. If you need help with a trick or anything post it and i'll see what i can do
Emmet

Vojtas

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »
I saw some pretty things done by Antonin and Thrash on Czech Juggling Convention last week... Especially Thrash's things rock  :D  Unfortunately can't describe it.. Will learn this things and make video
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

ming

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 02:49:49 PM »
Anyone know how to get into around the body/ legs?

I was messing with a body wrap to mini genocide way into it yesterday. Looks like its gonna work but still have to nail it. Any easier ways into it?

CM

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 04:11:50 PM »
Ryo did an around the body excaliber at the IJA. Instead of going into excaliber by tilting the cup closest to you down, he would tilt it up, like inverse excaliber. The easiest way he got into it was doing constant correction while going around the body. I hope you can understand this... If not heres a picture
YO!

ming

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 12:15:19 AM »
Did you see how he got into that position by any chance?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 12:36:29 AM »
Quote from: CM
The easiest way he got into it was doing constant correction while going around the body. I hope you can understand this... If not heres a picture

perchance?

ming

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 12:46:51 AM »
Nope was looking for a more lh bw circle right over head etc kind of explaination

CM

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 01:30:45 AM »
Ummmm can't really explain the other way he got into around the body.... Maybe someone else who was there could help me explain this. :oops:
YO!

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 02:39:33 PM »
I would assume it went like this:
in inverse excalibur, unwrap clockwise (to the right), jump over string and diabolo, then start orbiting.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

ming

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 06:16:11 PM »
Found an easy(ish) way into it from normal excalibur. ufo grind, set up string throw the grind across catch and bob's your mothers brother

ming

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 07:10:46 PM »
Inverse excalibur anyone? Has anyone got a vid or could they post one as i can't get the hand positions right need to see how its done
Emmet

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 08:35:33 PM »
i had a couple nice lickle runs of excaliber round the legs, easy when you know how.

jakethecakebhs

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 07:24:25 AM »
hi i have just been able toget into excalibur with a chiese whip ( i think thats what it is called) and can do basic tricks but when the diabolo lows down i try doing more chinese whips but it keeps tilting and falls of

anyone that can help
a little about me::  im 13 and have had a diabolo for less then a year. I have just accomplished or been able to juggle 4 balls and working towards 5 balls.I really need help with getting into the trick excalibur

jakethecakebhs

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 07:25:09 AM »
sorry if im annoying
a little about me::  im 13 and have had a diabolo for less then a year. I have just accomplished or been able to juggle 4 balls and working towards 5 balls.I really need help with getting into the trick excalibur

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 08:16:37 AM »
If you´d watched seans vid about basics in excalibur you´d now that you are suppose to turn yourself if diabolo starts tilting. If that´s not gonna help just practice. Practicing is the key for this whole hobby.

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 05:23:24 AM »
I haven't seen anyone else mention this one these threads.. but I saw in a video of a guy who was doing infinite suicide. While still doing it, he tilted it into excalibur style and then turned his body 360 while still doing it.. and then tilted it back into normal infinite suicide.

Anyone else done this? I'm guessing it needs a pretty short string so you don't hit yourself, but it looked really cool. I could try to find the video.. was in the middle of a hong kong yo-yo vid I think.

Shawn

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal