Author Topic: camera test #1 / Small diabolo routine  (Read 2774 times)

iroQuai

camera test #1 / Small diabolo routine
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »
Hi there!

I've been visiting this site for some years now, but never really contributed that much because I didn't have my own camera. Now I found a really cheap video camera i can finally start creating my own diabolo videos! This is the first small clip I've shot with it, just to test the quality of the camera. Hope you like this small diabolo routine! 

camera test #01 - small diabolo routine

Mr.D

Re: camera test #1 / Small diabolo routine
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
The camera seems to be of good quality, so I'm looking forward to a video :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »
Why don't you diabolo/juggle in Utrecht anymore?! It's a shame!
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Indy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »
Nice quality!
It really is a 'small diabolo' routine :P
What camera do you use?
epicness commits

martijn

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Looks good :)

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 03:52:58 PM »
Nice little routine, and i want to find a good cheap camera, and yours has great quality, what is it and how much does it cost?
fluffy kitty

iroQuai

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
@Indy: it's true, I always use those small Henry's Jazz diabolo's - because of their size I can easily fit two of them in my bag to take with me everywhere. I realize it looks a bit extraordinary since I'm more then 2 meters tall, but I'm really used to them!

About the camera, I bought this camera for only €60,- at Blokker!

@Marijn: I have to admit i had lost my focus on diabolo in the last couple of years. Don't know why exactly, but that focus is coming back more and more! Care to meet up some time and play some diabolo?

@everybody: I realise now my main focus in the previous post was about the video quality, but still I'm curious what you think of my small routine! Can someone maybe give me some feedback?

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:40:31 PM »
Every thursday form 19:30 - 21:00 you can juggle @ de Oude Kerkstraat in Utrecht (near The Biltstraat).
I live in Amsterdam, but every now and then I visit good old Utrecht!

Btw, your style is really fluent. Do more diabolo and learn harder and more creative tricks to put that fluency to a good use :)

iroQuai

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
Too bad I have to work almost every Thursday night! But good to know that it's possible. Is is like circus jopie was a few years ago? Anyway, I'll take a look as soon as possible.

I'm happy you say my style is so fluent. this has always been my main focus. You are right about the creativity - especially in this small video. To be honest, I stopped learning new tricks about 3 years ago... So there hasn't been a lot of progression the last couple of years (only getting a little bit better at 2d, but still nothing crazy, just simple sprinklers and fans.

I'm planning on doing a lot of diabolo this year, so I hope to get some of that creativity back!

Indy

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
About the camera, I bought this camera for only €60,- at Blokker!

I realise now my main focus in the previous post was about the video quality, but still I'm curious what you think of my small routine! Can someone maybe give me some feedback?

That's a damn good quality especially for such a cheap cam!

About the routine, you got a clean relaxed style.
I think that when you focus on making different combo's out of more tricks it would be better.
I.e the body tricks are nice, but you can get much more tricks and combo's out of it and the same counts for the arm combo.
Try to expiriment with the different diabolo moves.

epicness commits

iroQuai

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »
Indy, you are absolutely right! Note that this is only a fast camera test - This was the first that came to mind when trying out this camera. I can assure you I have got a lot more tricks up my sleeve (Okay, I'm not a really an up-to-date integral man, but i can do a lot more than this)

Now that I have this camera I'm planning on creating my first real video. I'm just waiting for the weather to get just a bit better - some sun would be nice! ;)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
Yeah it's like Jopie. Same people, different location :-P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal